Does anyone really care about the lid

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 17, 2006
NSW
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Manchester City, Western Sydney W
I always hear people talking about hte lid, i know a lot of it is tongue in cheek but how many of u here are actually enjoying the ride?

I am loving it. The way i see it we haev to enjoy it, its not gonna effect the team if we revel in it, talk about premierships etc. if we dont enjoy it now when are we gonna enjoy it??? when things are bad??? When we win the flag?? if we wait till then we are restricting our fun. and waht is we dotn win, all this keeping the lid on would mean we didnt make the most of the good times.

back in 2007 i was loving our ride and when we won it was awesome. other people waited till we won, as far as im concerned they missed out.

Last year i enjoyed every second of it ad even though we lost it was an awesome year. The people that waoited for the GF got nothing.

Same this year, im enjoying every moment of this :D

WE ARE GEELONG

I kinda like the lid.

It horrifes me when a triumphalistic Cats supporter makes statements like
"Now that we have the Premiership in the bag" or the like.

We all know what the real test for the Cats is going to be this Season and nothing else really matters. So "The Lid" can go if it's mere confidence, but will need to stay if it turns to arrogance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't give a stuff about benchmarks. Premierships are what people remember and what teams a judged by.

How old are you? You may find you don't get too many enjoyable years out of AFL then. lol I still say enjoy every moment of our current success. You don't have to be boastful. Just happy...even if it's on the inside.

How old are you? You may find you don't get too many enjoyable years out of AFL then. lol I still say enjoy every moment of our current success. You don't have to be boastful. Just happy...even if it's on the inside.

You don’t have to have been around very long or know much about footy to know what really counts. Most Primary school kids can get their heads around that. Not all apparently. :rolleyes:

I gotta say, I haven't enjoyed it this year as much as last. In 07 we all had the lid. I certainly didn;t want to get ahead of myself, but in '08, I celebrated every win knowing we were that far ahead of the pack and that the premiership was virtually in hte bag. Then that dreadful day hit.

This season, the victories seem somewhat hollow for me. There is a bigger beast to be killed, and until that day comes, I don;t think I can enjoy it as much as I once did. I think the most enjoyable seasons in footy are the ones spent as reigning premiers. Heres to enjoying next season :)

You don’t have to have been around very long or know much about footy to know what really counts. Most Primary school kids can get their heads around that. Not all apparently. :rolleyes:

I hope it's not forty plus years between this era of success and the next or you are going to a long sad time of it. Here's the news. Unfortunately this won't last. There will be years to come when we loose more games than we win. In fact, hell, some years we won't even make the finals. So, me I'm loving going to winning games each week. Yes, a premiership is the ultimate, but if that's the only way you can find satisfaction as a supporter I expect you will be off the band wagon when the going gets tough again, as it invariably will.

After losing the lid for the whole of 2008, my lid has been placed firmly back on with a padlock. Never again will I get so confident in the GFC :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back