Does Buddy get Suspended for his hit on Rance?

Remove this Banner Ad

I would say no.

Rance unnecessarily takes buddy to ground and puts his forearm across his neck. Buddy hits him in the shoulder/collarbone. There may have been some neck/throat contact, and maybe its a super sensitive spot (i wouldnt know).

Some nice acting there if Rance wasnt hit in the throat. Think the Budster is in trouble.

Edit, looking at the closeup above, there's little doubt Buddy hits him in the throat 'area'. Buddy IS in trouble, just not a lot.

It was an open hand to Rance's shoulder that may have got him in the neck/throat. A fine at most for careless contact (do they still have that?)

I would say no.

Rance unnecessarily takes buddy to ground and puts his forearm across his neck. Buddy hits him in the shoulder/collarbone. There may have been some neck/throat contact, and maybe its a super sensitive spot (i wouldnt know).

Ever been punched in the throat? One of the more dangerous places to get hit. Could have done some serious damage.

Has to get a week.

I think he gets a week. Yes Rance had him down with his elbow but it was a open hit to his throat.
Hawkins got a week last year for a open hand hit in the similar spot.
And I'm not just saying this as been a Cats fan we play the swans next week ( which I think Swans will beat us with buddy or without Buddy)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a tough one. It didn't appear to be a punch, more of a shove. Had the shove connected with the shoulder, nobody would be even thinking about suspension. The unfortunate part is he connected with the throat and that can be even more dangerous than a punch to the jaw.

I wouldn't think it is worth suspension, but will be interested to see how it is interpreted by Mr Christian.

Depends whether they consider it as a reaction to Rance leaning on Buddy's throat with his forearm. If it was a straight-out hit I think it's worth a week.

Can see it being a token fine to both; not a good look from Buddy but look at how tensed Rance's shoulder is with that forearm on Franklin's neck. He's got a bit of pressure on him and I imagine they'll justify it as Franklin reacting.

Franklin getting suspended for intentionally hitting someone high? Please...

Most of the people claiming Rance staged it, would be in hospital, off work for 3 weeks and speaking to their lawyer about sueing if someone with Franklin's power hit them in the throat when they weren't expecting impact

Franklin getting suspended for intentionally hitting someone high? Please...

Most of the people claiming Rance staged it, would be in hospital, off work for 3 weeks and speaking to their lawyer about sueing if someone with Franklin's power hit them in the throat when they weren't expecting impact

Yeh it was such a savage blow Buddy dished out... . .. . .

Honestly you cant really tell if it was hard enough to constitute a suspension and with rance being the biggest flopper in the game you cant trust his reaction .

Ever been punched in the throat? One of the more dangerous places to get hit. Could have done some serious damage.

Has to get a week.

No, thats why I said "I wouldnt know"....

The problem the MRO now has is Vlaustin probably isn't medium contact, but he can't get the exact same penalty for something thats 10x worse than Buddy... in short they both can't get a week.

His hand clearly goes to Rance's right shoulder (left of screen), not saying he didnt get his neck area in any capacity but it wasn't just a straight hit to the throat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back