Does climate change actually matter?

Remove this Banner Ad

All I'm reading is "millenials this, millenials that" when in all honesty it is millenials who are starting to take action and take notice of the s**t storm that is society and climate change more than anyone else. Boomers are too old to give a flying fuxk, and Gen Xers are the laziest group of people I've ever met.

If we're going to blame anyone on climate change, as Catters is so keen on doing amongst denying it's seriousness, it might as well be Boomers and Gen Xers for starting this chain and not doing anything to implement a sustainable way of living when they realised what they're doing is not a sustainable venture.

Most bad traits that 'millenials' carry are due to terrible Gen X parenting, it's just that those habits are happening in today's technology based world and it appears as though it's all their fault.

Climate change falls on everyone. Instead of arguing amongst each other why don't we stand together, era appropriate names like Boomer and millenials are all mass media bullshit anyway so wgaf

All I'm reading is "millenials this, millenials that" when in all honesty it is millenials who are starting to take action and take notice of the s**t storm that is society and climate change more than anyone else. Boomers are too old to give a flying fuxk, and Gen Xers are the laziest group of people I've ever met.

If we're going to blame anyone on climate change, as Catters is so keen on doing amongst denying it's seriousness, it might as well be Boomers and Gen Xers for starting this chain and not doing anything to implement a sustainable way of living when they realised what they're doing is not a sustainable venture.

Most bad traits that 'millenials' carry are due to terrible Gen X parenting, it's just that those habits are happening in today's technology based world and it appears as though it's all their fault.

Climate change falls on everyone. Instead of arguing amongst each other why don't we stand together, era appropriate names like Boomer and millenials are all mass media bullshit anyway so wgaf

That's why I skipped on the whole having children fad

Clinmate Change? lol, * off.
Absolute bottom of my list compared with everything else in our lives we have to deal with.
Climate change is for people lucky enough not to have enough things to worry about in life !

Didn't the dinosaurs die because of climate change?

Weren't continents formed from tectonic plates, and they broke away due to changes in temperature?

My point is, climate change has been happening since the year dot. It has always been here. The world is still around as well.

No one knows exactly how dinosaurs died but they were around for 200m years. Man has been around for a lot less than that and has done most of its damage in the last 100 years anyway.

Climate change has always occurred and will always occur independent of man. That doesn't (well, shouldn't) give man carte blanche do whatever at the expense of other species. We could set off nuclear bombs and engulf the entire planet in radiation and it would eventually recover.

The whole climate change debate isn't about saving the planet at all, it's about maintaining an environment that can sustain the population of man. The planet can survive another ice age, and the planet can survive average temperatures of 50 or 60 degrees. Can man? Nope, didn't think so.

Maybe action is the wrong word, but awareness amongst millennials is definitely high
as a late boomer we had Hippy boomers as teachers I was aware many decades before Millennials were even born and the teachers were aware decades before me

It seems aware might not be enough

I'm probably going to anyway, as I am probably older than you, so it is a natural thing.

Seeing how the millenials will ruin this world, it also won't be a bad thing to not be around to witness how they stuff the world.
Wait... you’re not in high school???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FireKraquora ? Coloured or not coloured, mate?
I prefer just black and grey. It's more timeless to me, matches any clothing etc. But each to their own. I'm gonna make an exception and use colour when I get my BigFooty face tatt. My body will a become a glorious piece of artwork superior even to the Sistine Chapel.

images (66).jpeg

You mean millennials ask the guverment or others to do something about it at someone else expense. They never really grew up

Clinmate Change? lol, fu** off.
Absolute bottom of my list compared with everything else in our lives we have to deal with.
Climate change is for people lucky enough not to have enough things to worry about in life !

Terrible attitude.

It's unfortunately the 2nd biggest threat our species faces in the next century (and could easily extinct us on its own), seeing rising temperatures will impact (and morph) our food growing regions either through turning it arid/enough sea water melting to remove land near the coast (and it's very possible to have deserts near water), water resources through evaporation, and being a health hazard in itself (as heatwaves do kill).

If you're not worried about it, you need to have a long hard look in the mirror and wonder where you've ****ed up in life to end up with this viewpoint.

Good thing we have visionary political parties to represent us.

The govt is full of nuffies who don't believe in it and want to open a new coal mine near the reef.

The opposition believe in it just enough to try and appear different to the govt, but won't rule out said new coal mine because jerbs.

The party for the environment are more concerned with the idea that people make money damaging the environment than they are about damage to the environment and flat out reject the idea of nuclear energy.

Maybe he has other more pressing things to worry about than something he has absolutely zero control over.

He (like the rest of us) have more control than we care to admit, all political/social movement starts as a grass shoot in the community.

The govt is full of nuffies who don't believe in it and want to open a new coal mine near the reef.

The opposition believe in it just enough to try and appear different to the govt, but won't rule out said new coal mine because jerbs.

The party for the environment are more concerned with the idea that people make money damaging the environment than they are about damage to the environment and flat out reject the idea of nuclear energy.

As we should be rejecting.

Nuclear is replacing one evil with energy production with another. Changing from emission of carbon to the disposal of nuclear waste, on top of being a bigger danger if a meltdown occurs. It's also guaranteed to be mismanaged (as governments tend to do), or in private enterprises hands, and both outcomes scare me considerably, seeing that in itself is just picking one evil over another. After all, natural to get complacent if things seem safe for a period of time.

That's not to mention it also puts considerable stress on water resources, which isn't exactly a resource we have in abundance due to severe risks of drought.

Last edited:

Do you remember what happened when a party even tried to do something about emissions? We were told the ceiling was falling in. I don't buy the both as bad as each others. Our government is significantly failing us on the environment and no amount of but Labor/China/India can hide that.

Do you remember what happened when a party even tried to do something about emissions? We were told the ceiling was falling in. I don't buy the both as bad as each others. Our government is significantly failing us on the environment and no amount of but Labor/China/India can hide that.

IIRC Turnbull was supportive of the CPRS when in opposition and then his party knifed him.

Now we have Labor in opposition and their leader thinks we should keep exporting coal because it's going to be burned anyway and it may as well come from here so we make a buck. “We’ve got to consider what the actual outcome is from any proposal, and the proposal that we immediately stop exporting coal would damage our economy and would not have any environmental benefit.” says Albo. No wonder they wouldn't give a simple yes or no answer to Adani before the election.

Peter Garrett says Labor has factions that are undermining any push towards meaningful emissions reductions.

So different, so so different.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back