Does climate change actually matter?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just my 2c worth. Been living in Adelaide all my 42 year life and the last 5 years I cannot recall how regularly we have been getting heat waves in excess of 40 degrees consistently. Before 5 years ago our heat waves has consisted of extended periods up to 2 weeks of low to high 30 degree days with the odd 40 thrown in.
You posted that in the midst of the only real big heatwave Adelaide copped all summer. I cannot remember a cooler February. So many days in the twenties.

My anecdote is as useless as yours though.

You posted that in the midst of the only real big heatwave Adelaide copped all summer. I cannot remember a cooler February. So many days in the twenties.

My anecdote is as useless as yours though.
“If it feels like Australian summers are getting longer and hotter, that is probably because they are,” the report said. “The summers many Australians grew up with no longer exist.”
They found that between 1999 and 2018 Australia experienced summer temperatures for a full 31 days longer, compared to a benchmark between 1950 and 1969, while winter temperatures lasted 23 fewer days over the same comparative periods.

“If it feels like Australian summers are getting longer and hotter, that is probably because they are,” the report said. “The summers many Australians grew up with no longer exist.”
They found that between 1999 and 2018 Australia experienced summer temperatures for a full 31 days longer, compared to a benchmark between 1950 and 1969, while winter temperatures lasted 23 fewer days over the same comparative periods.
Their post was about the extremes (long stretches of daily maximum temp above 40) your link seems to be about meeting a baseline to be considered a summer temp.

I am unsure why you quoted me and posted that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back