Not open for further replies.

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
According to the GOAT he does:

WAYNE Carey claims Hawthorn champion Cyril Rioli may want to end his footy career prematurely to return home to the Tiwi Islands, north of Darwin.

Carey told Triple M on Saturday morning he has heard the Hawks star is homesick and wants out of Hawthorn, who are winless from their first four matches this season.

Rioli has signed with the Hawks until the end of the 2020 season, but Carey believes he may not see out the entire contract.

“I’ve heard he’s a little bit homesick, “ Carey said on Triple M.

“A few people have told me that there’s a little bit of a pull to go back to the Tiwi Islands.

“I think he recently signed, he might have signed last year.

“I get told he had to be a little bit coerced into signing that, and there is a real pull for him to go home.”

Where does this leave Hawthorn if he wants to go home? Will they release him from his contract?

I couple people told me that Carey is an untrustworthy lout that banged his best mate's wife. Unimpeachable rumor merchant, IMO.

I couple people told me that Carey is an untrustworthy lout that banged his best mate's wife. Unimpeachable rumor merchant, IMO.
So Carey sleeping with someone else's wife therefore makes everything he says a lie?

What if he says he's lying? Does that mean he's lying about lying, and therefore telling the truth?

I'm sure he doesn't just lie for the sake of lying.

According to the GOAT he does:

WAYNE Carey claims Hawthorn champion Cyril Rioli may want to end his footy career prematurely to return home to the Tiwi Islands, north of Darwin.

Carey told Triple M on Saturday morning he has heard the Hawks star is homesick and wants out of Hawthorn, who are winless from their first four matches this season.

Rioli has signed with the Hawks until the end of the 2020 season, but Carey believes he may not see out the entire contract.

“I’ve heard he’s a little bit homesick, “ Carey said on Triple M.

“A few people have told me that there’s a little bit of a pull to go back to the Tiwi Islands.

“I think he recently signed, he might have signed last year.

“I get told he had to be a little bit coerced into signing that, and there is a real pull for him to go home.”

Where does this leave Hawthorn if he wants to go home? Will they release him from his contract?
He doesn't have to ask the Hawks to release him if he wants to retire, he just walks, hopefully it's all crap, would be a big loss for the AFL.

He's been in Melbourne since he was 14-15. Can imagine he will stay here till career is over then have a property back home and here.

We'd all like to think that.

I think it's obvious probably Wayne meant pressured rather than coerced.
He'd know a bit about coercion but not sure he'd realise he does

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id be feeling sick and want to just head home for a rum and sleep after losing to the cats and suns by 86 too.
ah rum, you are speaking my language
what's your poison of choice?

Love myself a ron de jeremy, shipwrecked or an angostura 1919. Or anything other than Bundy...
what about Sailor Jerry, Kraken or Ron Zacapa?

Yah - staple choices, Ive never had ron zacapa. Ill add it to my list
Not cheap I can't justify it because I don't drink straight spirits anymore as a form of self preservation

If I could trust myself to sit on a bottle and just sample it though....

carey seems quite intelligent and obviously has an ego...he wouldnt come out and put his neck on the line by spreadig false rumours.

The only people gettint defensive are offended hawks fans.

Where there's smoke......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back