1. Love your trade? Show us how to be crowned Home Timber & Hardware Tradie of The Year and WIN a Holden Colorado. Enter at homehardware.com.au

Dismiss Notice
  2. Player Unknown's Battlegrounds Forum Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Does Dangerfield exaggerate injuries?

Discussion in 'AFL - The Australian Football League' started by vWestCoast, Jul 16, 2017.

Put it out there
  1. STPer18

STPer18 Club Legend

Geelong
    Other teams:
    Scotty revealing tonight that Dangerfield had broken ribs as a result of the last Hawthorn game. Played through that game and didn't miss a single week. What a machine.

FoolCat and Sttew like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Sizzlesilk

Sizzlesilk Premium Platinum

Hawthorn
    Other teams:
    One of his best mates and business partner is Rory Sloane. I've got zero doubt his info was correct.
    He gets knocks... certainly. He gets injured without doubt... it's the carry on and attention slutting (on and off field) that makes him insufferable.

Off The Couch likes this.
  3. YEOLO

YEOLO Senior List

West Coast
    Other teams:
    That press conference was one of the most cringe worthy things I've seen all year. I'm all for showing some personality in the media but he really isn't funny. At all.

4. firefighter

firefighter Debutant

Geelong
    Other teams:
    Geelong Geelong Geelong
    Uglyhead leading with the knees again, learnt that from Corky Mitchell.

Sttew likes this.
  5. Lowey15

Lowey15 Debutant

Hawthorn
    Other teams:
    cool story.

6. glengowan

glengowan All Australian

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Eagles(SANFL)
    Cornes is right, Dangerfield shows pain easily on the field and will often go down for a minute or two before being alright. Simon Goodwin was the same. Both still great players who would get through (after a minute or two).

7. Topkent

Topkent Brownlow Medallist

Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Winnipeg Jets
    I think cats fans and even their coach are missing the point. Cornes didn't say he doesn't play through pain or is weak, he said he plays it up was told to stop being an attention seeker by team mates. I tend to agree with him, paddy looks dead one minute then comes back like nothing the next.

vWestCoast likes this.
  8. Bulldog1954

Bulldog1954 Brownlow Medallist

Western Bulldogs
    Other teams:
    Middlesbrough
    Best player in the league, but definitely exaggerates and wants everyone to know when he's hurt.

9. vWestCoast

vWestCoast Premiership Player

West Coast
    Other teams:
    Mt Buller Demons
    100% they're missing the point no one ever said he's weak or a shit player

10. simba_

simba_ eats fruit

Port Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Liverpool, mew2king
    not surprising, he plays the game to stand out to the umpires. they are the only ones that matter after all

11. Moonwatcher

Moonwatcher Brownlow Medallist

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Their kid would be an unstoppable force.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. Chris Pelchen

Chris Pelchen Debutant

St Kilda
    Other teams:
    Yeah. I see no mention of his bartel-like fake dive to earn a free yet. Why isnt anyone talking about that?

13. Xtreme

Xtreme Brownlow Medallist

Hawthorn
    Other teams:
    I'll say it, he IS WEAK. Rough him up a bit and he goes down like a sack of bricks!

14. Chris Pelchen

Chris Pelchen Debutant

St Kilda
    Other teams:
    True footy fans hate fakes. Exhibit A -lloyd. Exibit B - Selwood. Exhibit C- Paddy making a name for himself with vigour. Starting to throw in 1 too many dives now too which eventually will have even the more 'slow' footy fans such as yourself catching on in due course.

Xtreme likes this.
  15. Black JuJu

Black JuJu Brownlow Medallist

West Coast
    Other teams:
    Does enjoy the theatrics.

The reaction from the Cats and his own little performance at the presser only show that Cornes's comments touched a nerve I think.

16. Mad_Hatter

Mad_Hatter Premiership Player

Geelong
    Other teams:
    And single handedly wins the game.
    So please do.

Seeds likes this.
  17. firefighter

firefighter Debutant

Geelong
    Other teams:
    Geelong Geelong Geelong

I know, thanks for quoting it.

I'll say it, if that's what it takes to play the way he did then please keep doing it Paddy. :D

Made Hodge look like a first gamer.

18. romeohwho

romeohwho Norm Smith Medallist

Geelong
    Other teams:
    Haha, like I said if you didn't enjoy Dangerfield's game it's your problem and you have my sympathy.
    Ps. It's just a pity roughy feels so desperate that he has to try and get him every game isn't it?( broke his ribs last time-didn't stop him though-he is tough hey) Was Selwood your players went after for years because he was too good, now it's our current best player.
    Such a dirty team you have there pelchy!
    Wow bigfooty-sure is becoming the home of the sad sacks isn't it? And so many in the brown and yellow colours. Weird.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  19. ShadeyP

ShadeyP Debutant

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Loved Zac Tuohy speaking about how Danger calls himself "Wiz" as he is a self proclaimed Wizard on the field . And you know what he bloody well is .
    He has that look of being somewhat smug but it is just that he is a bit special in many ways , he is a funny lad , a bit nerdy , and his arrogance is both backed up and balanced with a self deprecating edge . Definitely a unique individual and his style and say a Chad Wingard can rub people the wrong way with their demeanor . Chad is very humble off the field and both are bloody good citizens and freakishly talented footballers so any outward show of cockiness needs to be taken for what it is .
    It does not define them as people and if you are that good at something generally you have an air about you .
    Dangerfield is clearly the best player in the competition and putting a gap on the rest of his peers .
    We were lucky to have him for 8 years but he is Geelong , any Crows fans that feel bitter are pretty twisted .
    Bring on Friday night and then a fair chance of another matchup in the finals .

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  20. Lunchlady Doris

Lunchlady Doris Brownlow Medallist

Geelong
    Other teams:
    I'm guessing because it never happened.

winty likes this.
  21. Lunchlady Doris

Lunchlady Doris Brownlow Medallist

Geelong
    Other teams:
    When did this happen?

Moron.

22. Seeds

Seeds Brownlow Medallist

Geelong
    Other teams:
    We kind of already knew this though.

23. Seeds

Seeds Brownlow Medallist

Geelong
    Other teams:
    Told to stop being an attention seeker. You say that like it is fact. Cornes never played with Dangerfield. He could be making it up or misinterpreted through Chinese whispers. Dangerfield called Cornes statement completely false and said it never happened. Who are we to believe. The guy who wasn't even there? That doesn't pass through the fact filter.

romeohwho likes this.
  24. Seeds

Seeds Brownlow Medallist

Geelong
    Other teams:
    Lol. So weak players kick 5 goals and take 12 marks. Good call. Can we have more weak players please.

25. MC Extra Dollop

MC Extra Dollop Brownlow Medallist

Geelong
    Other teams:
    Dangerfield has refuted that any such conversation ever took place. So, unless Sloane, or someone like Scott Thompson or Taylor Walker comes out and backs Cornes, I'd be inclined to go with Dangerfield.

Again, I'll ask: did Cornes have any observations about Sloane's own interesting reaction to an injury on Saturday night? Because that would appear to me to be a much bigger issue in the game than anything Dangerfield does. On current form, I would expect Cornes to bag Dangerfield out if he'd done what Sloane did against Melbourne, and laud Sloane if he'd done what Dangerfield did.

But Cornes seems like so many in the media, who picks and chooses who he'll take a potshot at, based on whether he's mates with them or not.