Does Dangerfield exaggerate injuries?

Remove this Banner Ad

Going down after a hit like that is fine, everyone would, but laying on the ground as if you're unconscious, not okay, either he was exaggerating it or the Geelong medicos are in for a world of trouble for letting a concussed player go back out.

when you have got a dude who is in the meja and also plays a pivotal role in his team's operation, then he is
more than likely to spin the truth albeit literally or else 'die on the field of battle'.

periodically will use the mental arithmetic of the substitution to wind his way back to normality and then
turn his head one way to just say... hmm.. ''I'm okay boys, just let us lie here until it is safe to reascend.""

"Sloane was responsible for one of the game's pivotal moments: a huge hit on former teammate Patrick Dangerfield near the end of the second quarter that left the Brownlow medallist motionless on the ground for several seconds.

"That hurt," Sloane said of the bone-shaking collision.

"I did my best to stand up, but he's got such a strong body.

"He's such an unbelievable player and I'm such great mates with him. I respect him so much and I love the way he goes about it and I feel for him now.

"We both went in and that's the way we both play our footy and that's what I love about his footy, too.""

Note Sloane says "I did my best to stand up", not sure if the same can be said for Danger.

To be fair he got absolutely cleaned up in that hit. 99% of the toughguys on here wouldn't have fared any better.
Hodge would've got back up and pushed Sloane over. Danger thought he would get the free, and when he didnt acted it up for the cameras. Great player, brave...but not tough. Hodge is tough, Longergan is tough, Selwood tough...patrick isnt in their company. Have him equal with Oliver in toughness stakes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back