Does Dangerfield exaggerate injuries?

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course he exaggerates his injuries.

I don't think I've ever seen a player who's more self-conscious of how he looks out on the field.

The way he struts when he walks, the way he does his hair, the way his socks and uniform are presented, the imaginary giant lats syndrome, the way he always has the steely hard man look on his face, his depressing "I just kicked an awesome goal but look how much I don't care!" goal celebration, the way he kicks into the turf to set the mark inside 50 and so on and so forth.

It's obvious that he plays up his injuries so he can do the whole resilient warrior act, which he thinks adds to his hard man image.

Having said all that, I'd love for him to be playing for the tiges. ;)
Redeemed yourself with that last line. I was taking you seriously up until then.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

What are you talking about? I said the crows lied about Jenkins injury being bruised ribs and they were actually broken. So the comparison to Dangerfield playing with bruised ribs and calling Jenkins soft like the other poster did is horse s**t.

How do you know dangers ribs weren't broken?

Dangerfield exaggerates? Well I never.....
avgdvd.jpg

Eddie Betts gives him a run for his money though, needs to be suspended for diving when Vince brushed him lightly

look I hate geelong more than most,and Dangerfield really annoys the crap out of me most weeks. But for Cornes to come and say what he did about Dangerfield is really really poor form and gutter journalism. He was clearly hurt but was still BOG by a long way. Looks like Cornes is mimicking his journalistic style after his playing style - cheap shots playing by the man instead of the ball
Maybe you should read what he said?

Nobody is disputing his performance, people are just suggesting he exaggerates injuries and loves himself. You can be a w*nker who feigns/exaggerates injury and still be a good player, just ask any soccer player.

How do you know dangers ribs weren't broken?
I never claimed they weren't. You're the one who called Jenkins a bitch in comparison to Dangerfield as you said they both had bruised ribs. You're the one telling the story. I'm just letting you know it came out that Jenkins had 2 cracked ribs not bruised so if what you say is true there's no comparison to be made.

Danger didn't exaggerate it; the commentators did.
Players all react differently to being hit. I don't think he exaggerates generally speaking but the media does it for him. They love the "Danger on one leg", "superhuman effort', "this is unbelievable" and "this is one for the ages" hyperbole. Clearly the injury was nowhere near what they thought it was or he had a local injection which made him feel no pain which allowed him to play on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a tough player but he likes to let the crowd and cameras know
I think this sums it up perfectly. I do however think that kane crossed a line saying that the crows players had to sit him down for a talking to. If that conversation happened it should have stayed private and just because kane knows about it that doesnt mean we all need to.

Danger is one of the best players in the league right now, but is leading the FIGJAM cup by the length of the flemington straight

But yesterday was a disgrace, he got a few really soft frees and 50's and if you look at his highlights his ankle couldnt have been that bad. His football output is sensational but his personality has the ability to create disharmony and fractures at any football club.

#ownbackyardoliver
Oliver's dive wasn't anywhere near that level, come on.
I think this sums it up perfectly. I do however think that kane crossed a line saying that the crows players had to sit him down for a talking to. If that conversation happened it should have stayed private and just because kane knows about it that doesnt mean we all need to.
Rubbish, that's fantastic sports journalism right there.

Don't really care one way or the other, but why would this harmless 'revelation', which was probably banter, be a state secret. Its not like he slept with a teammates wife.

Danger is one of the best players in the league right now, but is leading the FIGJAM cup by the length of the flemington straight

But yesterday was a disgrace, he got a few really soft frees and 50's and if you look at his highlights his ankle couldnt have been that bad. His football output is sensational but his personality has the ability to create disharmony and fractures at any football club.

Really mate. Maybe he got an injury and played well.

He looked like he had been shot, then 2 minutes later he was sprinting and marking and playing fine.

Still had 90% gametime - 4th most for the Cats.

So much media attention for a just niggling injury.

He's no Selwood, Hodge or Brett Kirk. Those guys play through pain without a whimper.

The commentators were carrying on like he had his legs chopped off

Look at what he has says, "Adelaide leadership group had to have a word to him about it" he obviously knows this to be fact or else he wouldn't say it.

"...but one other player, and he plays for Carlton, is a very good chance of heading home, that is Patrick Cripps of the Carlton footy club, their next captain-in-waiting at Carlton, potentially wants to move home.”

Yep. Must have known it to be fact.

Don't really care one way or the other, but why would this harmless 'revelation', which was probably banter, be a state secret. Its not like he slept with a teammates wife.
No not a state secret or anything like that. I just think that it was a private situation that doesnt need to be splashed about as clickbait. If i got pulled into the office by my boss and told that something i was doing looked bad and that was spread around the office, let alone the country, i would be embarrased. Its just nobodys business is all. He could have made his point with examples other than that one

He looked like he had been shot, then 2 minutes later he was sprinting and marking and playing fine.

Still had 90% gametime - 4th most for the Cats.

So much media attention for a just niggling injury.

He's no Selwood, Hodge or Brett Kirk. Those guys play through pain without a whimper.

You're kidding aren't you? It was a running joke on here for years about the whincing, grimacing Hodge. It was almost like he knew when the cameras were on him.

On a more serious note. How many people have ever played any sort of sport and picked up a niggle during a game? It hurts to walk or jog on it but once that ball gets into your area, the adrenalin and competitive juices take over and you don't feel a thing. As soon as the contest has passed, it hurts again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back