Does Murphy get to 300?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will probably tear up the 2s tomorrow in a clear demonstration of the difference between the two levels and the reason why coaches persisted with him VS kids who weren't banging the door down in a comp where the standard is a mile lower.

Development is our major issue.

Come at me. :p
We'll know in a few hours I guess. Gut feeling says Murphy might struggle once again. Could be wrong though, let's see.

Pretty poor form dropping Murphy, this is just teague trying to prove he's not a push over, but seriously playing Cottrell and Levi all year, how can we take team selection seriously. If they were fair dinkum they would drop martin to earn his spot. Murphy had a poor game last week but he wasn't on his own. Why don't they just put him back in the middle where he's played his whole career and see if he can still cut because sure as hell he'd probably do better than the rest of em apart from Walsh cause they have all been deplorable but keep getting games, Cripps included.
Hi Marc

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Good. Hopefully playing a VFL game offends his ego enough that he goes absolutely ballistic on the field. Then we can bring him back in the seniors with a gentle reminder that the same effort is required to keep his spot.

I'm happy for him to get to 300 as long as he's busting his arse.
If he soccers of the ground once when he should have out his head over the ball then he doesn't come back in no matter how well he plays

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Pretty poor form dropping Murphy, this is just teague trying to prove he's not a push over
It was very, very poor form and even worse lack of effort that forced the dropping of murph. If teague wasn't a pushover it would have happened last year and murph would have begun his post playing career this year. Teague's favouritism is the only reason murph is still there and will make 300. He sure as s**t hasn't earned his last 20 games.

* me I hope murph gets to 300

made to play inside mid during the prime of his career (probably had to play 5-6kg over optimal playing weight) as a result destroyed his body

had a ripping couple of years 2010-2012

Agreed, feel the decision to leave him out is partly symbolic of the direction we want to go, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him struggle to get back into our best 22.
Agree especially as the side is now playing such insipid football .
Cant imagine any coach making a statement to the team after a lucklustre physical performance by bringing Murphy back into the team .

In fact i will be shocked if Murph gets a recall atleast for our next game .

Murph will get a recall.

It will mean he plays his 300th against the Pies and would be the clubs wet dream scenario.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Agree especially as the side is now playing such insipid football .
Cant imagine any coach making a statement to the team after a lucklustre physical performance by bringing Murphy back into the team .

In fact i will be shocked if Murph gets a recall atleast for our next game .
this season is toast so it is now about preparing for the next. IS murphy part of that forward thinking? We need to get this club going in the correct direction.

this season is toast so it is now about preparing for the next. IS murphy part of that forward thinking? We need to get this club going in the correct direction.
Couldnt agree more 300 games is now irrelevant imo every game now is about player development and finding out who is fair dinkum about the clubs future .
We are at the crossroads personally wouldnt give him another game .

Murph will get a recall.

It will mean he plays his 300th against the Pies and would be the clubs wet dream scenario.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

got to sell the paraphernalia they would have already produced and chair him off after losing to the pies...... :handok:

If Marc Murphy isn’t selected after our teams performance effort against GWS our executive has total lost the plot and need to be removed.
Half of the team was disinterested, dejected , running around fumbling like headless chooks.
A disgrace, we’re probably the worst for performing team in the competition, our ladder position is faltering actually.
I hope this review verifies situation, without error &omissions , and gives a working plan on how to rectify.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Under Teague- Murphy will be given another one year contract if he wants to play on - 100% guaranteed.

If Marc Murphy isn’t selected after our teams performance effort against GWS our executive has total lost the plot and need to be removed.
Half of the team was disinterested, dejected , running around fumbling like headless chooks.
A disgrace, we’re probably the worst for performing team in the competition, our ladder position is faltering actually.
I hope this review verifies situation, without error &omissions , and gives a working plan on how to rectify.

Sounds like marc's last 2 season of AFL footy......i wonder where the others got this from? :think:

I doubt Murphy will get another contract

Arguments can be made that he has outperformed both Martin and McGovern so far and is running neck to neck with Williams - way way above Docherty in terms of contribution as well. We are paying A grade dollars for McGovern ( Teague's boy) / Williams our gun midfield recruit , A- for Saad and Martin - Murphy is probably a value money ball play compared to these bandits.

Arguments can be made that he has outperformed both Martin and McGovern so far and is running neck to neck with Williams - way way above Docherty in terms of contribution as well. We are paying A grade dollars for McGovern ( Teague's boy) / Williams our gun midfield recruit , A- for Saad and Martin - Murphy is probably a value money ball play compared to these bandits.
Geez I could place a cardboard statue of Mark Maclure at CHF and it would outperform McGovern. Martin has been overtaken by Owies, and really gives us nothing. Saad shows glimpses, but his kicking is atrocious and his opponents get a lot of the ball. He is not a natural defender and should be given a run on the wing for the rest of the year to let him use his pace. Williams...enough said...

As much as I don't like the idea of carrying a player through to reach milestones, I think the damage this could do to the club by denying him the opportunity to could be far worse. Yes his form's been patchy, but he ain't exactly Robinson Crusoe there at the minute.

We need all the feel good stories we can muster right now...denying him just leads to more splitting of the club's fabric IMHO. Surely he has a couple of games and a few "medical sub" games in him.

Geez I could place a cardboard statue of Mark Maclure at CHF and it would outperform McGovern. Martin has been overtaken by Owies, and really gives us nothing. Saad shows glimpses, but his kicking is atrocious and his opponents get a lot of the ball. He is not a natural defender and should be given a run on the wing for the rest of the year to let him use his pace. Williams...enough said...

McGovern is a serious disapointment - nowhere near a developed hardened AFL body.
Martin is nowhere near fit enough to play - just look a the strapping he is wearing - ridiculous nothing like the player he was last year.
Williams - I am very very disapointed in nowhere near the player he was at GWS - I am totally shocked by his lack of defensive efforts and teh Club must feel pretty poor about his inability ( for whaatever reasons) to be the star midfield recruit it chased and paid for.
Saad - I think he is playing as well for us as he did at Essendon - he gets more than a pass mark from me anyway.

As much as I don't like the idea of carrying a player through to reach milestones, I think the damage this could do to the club by denying him the opportunity to could be far worse. Yes his form's been patchy, but he ain't exactly Robinson Crusoe there at the minute.

We need all the feel good stories we can muster right now...denying him just leads to more splitting of the club's fabric IMHO. Surely he has a couple of games and a few "medical sub" games in him.

Its easy to get him to 300 - play as the sub, including game 300. :handok:

McGovern is a serious disapointment - nowhere near a developed hardened AFL body.
Martin is nowhere near fit enough to play - just look a the strapping he is wearing - ridiculous nothing like the player he was last year.
Williams - I am very very disapointed in nowhere near the player he was at GWS - I am totally shocked by his lack of defensive efforts and teh Club must feel pretty poor about his inability ( for whaatever reasons) to be the star midfield recruit it chased and paid for.
Saad - I think he is playing as well for us as he did at Essendon - he gets more than a pass mark from me anyway.
I don't blame Williams as he has admitted he has never played midfield even in his juniors. Somebody within the inner sanctum believed he could somehow miraculously transform himself into a mid??? Do these people have any idea about footy??

I don't blame Williams as he has admitted he has never played midfield even in his juniors. Somebody within the inner sanctum believed he could somehow miraculously transform himself into a mid??? Do these people have any idea about footy??
I thought he came over - becausae he was promised midfield duties...if that wasnt the case tehn someone(s) have certainly stuffed things up.

Sounds like marc's last 2 season of AFL footy......i wonder where the others got this from? :think:

Marc's has more football ability & IQ than quite a few of the teammates playing against GWS, that's pretty obvious to many supporters. But the braying hounds wanted action, Unfortunately there will always be detractors.

Marc's has more football ability & IQ quite a few of his teammates that were playing against GWS that's pretty obvious to many supporters. Unfortunately there will always be detractors.

and is softer than all of them out there - thats the reason he doesnt get a game at present - and shouldnt get a game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back