Does my son really want to work?

Remove this Banner Ad

YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAA!!
He's got himself a job at an Office Equipment place. He did his first 2 hours today so they could check out his customer service. All went well, and starts full time Monday week.

YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAA!!
He's got himself a job at an Office Equipment place. He did his first 2 hours today so they could check out his customer service. All went well, and starts full time Monday week.

Great News. Hope he Keeps it up.

He done better then I have Done when I tried to get a Part-Time or Casual Job. Basically to get me to do something.

Also would not hugely effect my Disability Pension

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dave would you work for Dominoes?

Do you mind if I ask how much your pension is? Is it hard to save up for holidays and buy a house?

I am on the Disability Pension so I have a Reason and I am not Bluging.

I could work for Dominoes but I don't think the Pizza would come out well and I don't have a Driving Licence

Sensational news Copes, and having done a fair amount of delivery work for some of the various fitness providers and gyms I can only say that your lad is in a hugely growing industry and has good prospects for advancement.

Tickled pink for you both :):rainbow::thumbsu:

I am on the Disability Pension so I have a Reason and I am not Bluging.

I could work for Dominoes but I don't think the Pizza would come out well and I don't have a Driving Licence
You wouldn't have to work for the dole for Domino's?! It's hardly helping the general community!

A disability pension is the Rolls Royce of benefits. It pays significantly more than Newstart and you don't have to apply for 10 jobs a fortnight. 10 jobs is a joke. How can anyone seriously submit applications for 10 jobs a fortnight? If you work for the dole, do you still have to apply for so many jobs?

The government is considering forcing people to accept work more than 90 minutes from home. That's a lot of travelling time.

You wouldn't have to work for the dole for Domino's?! It's hardly helping the general community!

A disability pension is the Rolls Royce of benefits. It pays significantly more than Newstart and you don't have to apply for 10 jobs a fortnight. 10 jobs is a joke. How can anyone seriously submit applications for 10 jobs a fortnight? If you work for the dole, do you still have to apply for so many jobs?

The government is considering forcing people to accept work more than 90 minutes from home. That's a lot of travelling time.
This is a liberal government, the measures so far are just the start.

They never change.

They attempt to save us money we all sook about the cuts, etc then we go and put in a Labour govt and they spend spend spend and we're up the creek. Don't worry about who's in they all the same

Work may change Copeland's son from within. The income alone is such a motivator. Then comes the changed lifestyle, from the morning sleep-ins to early starts, which in turn adjusts the nighttime activities and patterns. You become something through working, you can call yourself a postman or a cook, a nurse or a plumber etc. You work colleagues become your friends and broaden your social circle and interests. The first sustained real job can set you up for life.

They attempt to save us money we all sook about the cuts, etc then we go and put in a Labour govt and they spend spend spend and we're up the creek. Don't worry about who's in they all the same
Some of the cuts are bad. Cutting foreign aid when it's already minimal is just mean. We have a standard of life worth protecting, but not at the expense of poor 3rd world people for whom every day is a struggle.

Abbott could start by dismantling the Liberal party's elitist parental leave entitlement, half of what the mother usually earns. If you are on $30000 you get $15000 pa. For $80000 you get $40000. In each instance, your relevant super is paid. Why not pay a flat rate and save the excess? The more a parent earns, the greater their ability to raise children. Why do the wealthy need to be paid so much more than the poor to have a kid?

There was a time when people made sacrifices to have kids and didn't anticipate getting a salary for having a child. Abbott's priorities are totally skewed.

The Labour Party do waste money. The school hall handouts and Garrett's insulation fiasco, perhaps even the $1000 gift so Aussie's could pump up JB HI FIs share price, were all cited by critics of Labour's 'extravagance'. The ALP would probably have survived the resultant shrapnel if Rudd and Gillard hadn't created such a huge target for the Libs. The rest is history.

God hes such a slow coach, I'm sure he must be almost late for work, has 1klm to drive and leaves at 5 min to.
Perhaps he has a tolerant employer. How long has he lasted so far in the job?

EDIT: Only a week! What time does he start?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back