Does my son really want to work?

Remove this Banner Ad

Having trouble with my 19yo son. Wants get a trainee-ship in IT, but there's not a lot around. Wont do factory work and doesn't spend many hours a week looking for work. But he does spend up to 12hrs a day on his pc. He did get a job at JB HIFI but they put him off saying because they just put a manager on there was not enough work for him, but I think it may be his work ethic. He works with me occasionally at a service station and does the bare minimum, I'm afraid it will permanently damage our relationship because I'm always on his back. I have given him 3 months to get a job or he will loose his pc but he hasn't changed his ways. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
The key here is money. Don’t give him anything. He will need money to buy things and go out with his mates. Only a job can provide that.

The key here is money. Don’t give him anything. He will need money to buy things and go out with his mates. Only a job can provide that.
The dole can provide that.
But if you make him contribute to rent, electricity, gas, food, then there isn’t much left of the dole.
Gotta be cruel to be kind.

So you rather kids/people live on the Street and turn to Crime to get Money?

Just an update on the lad. At 28yo he's gone back to College and says he's doing very well. Doing a diploma in IT or something, reckons at the years end he can be a teachers aid.

That Great to Hear Copeland

Man, coming to this thread so late was like reading an emotional book! Glad to hear your boy and yourself (as well as your cat) are all doing well Copeland :)
Thanks very much. We have a dog in the family as well now, he's awesome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back