Does Paul Hogan get enough respect?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad thing is Channel 9 destroyed a lot of the episodes as they had a habit of recording over old film to make way for new shows.
This seems like a continual problem of this time period where whatever recording devices tv stations used here meant week to week stuff could actually be recorded over and never kept copies. Sounds like it happened with channel 7's sport like the footy, channel 9 with shows like this and even probably the World Series Cricket that must have had thousands of hours of play from late 70's yet literally only an hours worth of footage of cricket from that period seems to be all that is left. Incredible really.

Yeah, was just looking there myself.
I do not trust it.
I struggle to remember how many times the show was on each year I watched. I was probably watching it in late 70's to early 80's. Maybe it was on Sunday nights after Sixty Minutes. Seemed like it was on a Sunday night from memory but I cannot recall if it was every week or every few weeks. Be hard to come up with continual skits from week to week. I suspect it was not regular and maybe on 6 to 10 times a year at best and after mid 80's maybe only a special show once or twice a year with a theme, like going to London to do one. Used to take piss out of other tv shows and music artists of the time. Hence why these things have to date. Used to take piss out of the cricket and even the Ayalltollah or whatever his name was.

You might be right.

There's only 5 eps on IMBD .

I don't know.

You might be right.

There's only 5 eps on IMBD .

I don't know.

I suspect, even though they list from 73 to 84 that whatever was in early 70's was not actual episodes but just some small segment he did on some other show. I saw some doco on youtube in last year and sounds like he had some random segment on an evening current affairs show that was meant to be some type of light hearted knock about bloke from street view of current affairs of the time. I think that is how he started off. I reckon his show itself was probably only on in late 70's. I could be wrong but that is my best guess. Kerry Packer must have thought this guy is funny, let's give him a show for an hour and see what skits he can come up with.

Last edited:
A bit before my time. Then again I can't remember much of Love Thy Neighbour either.
They were before my time too, but I suspect the shows were shown on delay to Australia years after they were shown on British tv. Just like Get Smart and lots of American shows from late 60;s were still very much on tv here just before the news each night until well into early 80's.

Love Thy Neighbour and On The Buses look like they probably from mid 70's but certainly on tv here in early 80's. Even by mid 80's they would have been seen as out of date but still on...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used to watch the morning kids version of Hey Hey It's Saturday too but for some reason we didn't get the prime time version for the first few years in Perth,
Must have got up bloody early as a kid in Perth then. I think it was on 8 am to 11 am here on Saturday mornings so in Perth that would be 6am to 9am assuming they showed it live like they did here.

Must have got up bloody early as a kid in Perth then. I think it was on 8 am to 11 am here on Saturday mornings so in Perth that would be 6am to 9am assuming they showed it live like they did here.

Nah it wasn't shown live here so we watched it at the same time here as you did there, same with the prime time version.

Paul Hogan is 80 years old and the bulk of his career happened over 30 years ago. He's not that far removed from Graham Kennedy, Bert Newton, Daryl Somers etc. in terms of age and when he was popular. When I was a kid I watched Crocodile Dundee and it was awesome, and I'd hope kids today still watch it. Beyond that I wouldn't expect anyone born after the 1980s to be watching old episodes of The Paul Hogan Show.

Paul Hogan was in the New World Order?

Yeah of course

nwo-hollywood-hulk-hogan.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back