Does the AFL administration do more to hinder the game than grow it

Remove this Banner Ad

But if your satisfied, and easily pleased, well done!
Just the opposite.
As I said, "If you are dissatisfied with the AFL or just enjoy Australian Football then support a different league. it's as simple as that.
I thoroughly enjoy going to the WAFL and I shouldn't have waited as long as I did.
I can just rock up to a WAFL game an enjoy good football, good umpiring, good facilities at a good price
without any hassles or pressures AND I don't feel the urge to complain (anymore)".

The idea that the AFL must 'grow' the game is the problem.. It was great 10 years ago before they felt the need to grow it, its bigger now but is definitely an inferior product. The obsession with growth which is what has ruined the passion for the game that most supporters used to have. it started with removing suburban grounds for the plastic giant stadiums.

Your comment, it's definitely an inferior product, is perfect. Because that is exactly what has happened. Expansion and dilution, it has maybe only by degrees , but without a doubt, it has stolen the top line elite FOOTBALLER, footballer I mean too, from the game where they, those who actually have footy nous have to become some sort of magicians to not get fee kicked every time they play their natural game.
I understand the worries about concussion etc, but surely that is a risk any sportsperson is prepared for in playing a sport at the top level.
For me the AFL has gone so far over the top beyond the pale with non-contact rules, because, and I guess this is correct, the fear of litigation down the road.
All footballers must be insured and looked after, after football as well.
All clubs have to be protected from massive lawsuits, and all involved need a system where no one needs to be worried about being left in the lurch.
So why isn't there contracts being prepared for accidents and injury, for these people playing at the top end, they don't hold back, these people put everything into the game. They take the risk walking n the ground.

AND EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM IS PREPARED FOR THE RISK! As is anybody who plays footy rugby boxing whatever.

Even if its in the backyard kindergarten leftovers, it is still prone to injuries.

But rules changed I 'd say for two reasons, on both definitely related to dollars, one way is the AFL want to draw more of the gentlemanly and ladylike types and to indulge those, who may not like seeing a broken leg or a shirt front, encouraged to come along to out lovely game.
I truly believe that is one reason, and some Mums too. That's understandable, that's life.

Not that simple of course, but the more people who may watch the more that they will pay , thats what the AFL is all about.
The other reason with money is fear of being sued, it is all about not losing one dollar, and if the delicate side of the football viewing public don't like the way this game is played, I don't care, I don't care if the AFL lose money as long as they don't keep killing this sport , if my club went and jopined the Eastern Suburbs leagues or whatever , I 'd follow them those colours that name, that's what footy does for me, right now its frustrating over the last 10 to 15 years, and I have raved on like this for years, but nothing changes, pointing to the fact that the many fans followers members are never ever taken any notice of and the game whatever degree you think changes, is definitely robotic and lacking in contact these days, therefore lacking in CONTES?

You all know the stupid rules I am talking about.
All I can hope for this year is that the AFL grow some brains, but we're already overloaded with too many teams to not, spoil the product some more!

Just the opposite.
As I said, "If you are dissatisfied with the AFL or just enjoy Australian Football then support a different league. it's as simple as that.
I thoroughly enjoy going to the WAFL and I shouldn't have waited as long as I did.
I can just rock up to a WAFL game an enjoy good football, good umpiring, good facilities at a good price
without any hassles or pressures AND I don't feel the urge to complain (anymore)".

Like I said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back