Does the AFL need more personalities like Kane Cornes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just directly continued the Cornes lineage from Graham of being deliberately provocative to drive ratings/clicks etc. Would hope we’d be smarter in this era but some will always get sucked in. Best ignored.

He is one of the most controversial figures in the media. He says things to get people frustrated, without a doubt.

However, think of all the controversial topics that are completely ignored or brushed over by basically all media personalities.

COLA - Was largely ignored by main personalities, fan frustration was huge however

Ducking - A few take an issue but they usually blame the players

Most importantly, the medias complete circle jerk over certain players and their inability to criticize them.

Yes- he’s great, has the guts to give his actual opinion.

I like his superstar watch - calling out when media call a player a superstar when unfounded.

Kane has some non click bait opinions that are reasonable but he doesn't have a very smart analytical mind. His reasoning is often surface deep and reactionary.

Too many times he shoots his mouth off with bold statements. For instance he rubbished Melbourne's plan to use Hogan in short midfield bursts because he's the Dees best forward. Absolutely no recognition of the multiple benefits - gets him in the game if he's well held up forward, gets him chasing and competing at ground level, provides a midfield target mismatch, opens the 50 for a small ball set up with better forward pressure and allows Petracca to be the main target whilst also resting.

The AFL Media doesn't need personalities. The games are the stories. It needs smart reporters capable of writing or producing for tv good football stories in a variety of categories including:

Human interest stories about players backgrounds and personal lives;
Analytical game or team reviews using stats and/or gif's/highlight videos;
Round review or preview stories that capture important moments or match ups.

Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and everyone's opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.
Did you just assume OP's gender?

Kane Corne is practically a liar. If your happy eith ridiculous hottakes then yeah sure. But as thread title suggests. You are a fan of shithouse afl media

Dunno about liar, like the best online trolls around there's usually enough truth in his opinion to cause ripples of discontent.

Just making a name and differentiating himself in the media by putting up excessively hyperbolic and definitive opinions designed to rile. I don't particularly like it but there's a market of suckers ready to get outraged by it ensuring he remains relevant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anything AFL needs more actual journalists - people willing to double check and verify a story before plastering it on social media. Sensationalism and retelling half truths may not be anything new in the journalism scene, but it's certainly becoming more 'normal'.

If anything AFL needs more actual journalists - people willing to double check and verify a story before plastering it on social media. Sensationalism and retelling half truths may not be anything new in the journalism scene, but it's certainly becoming more 'normal'.

Yes and cut about a thousand or so of the hangers-on who offer nothing.

I just hope Crows supporters have to put up with Kane for as long as we've had to endure Graham.

All the clickbait he generates to rustle their jimmies probably helps pay for his son's medical bills.

Does Triple J need more wimpy ball-less dorky bands on their playlists? Do cinemas need more childish tween superhero flicks shoehorned in?

There have been very few AFL players that I have actually personally disliked. Kane and his brother Chad are front and centre of that small group. When it comes to Dave Warner like obnoxiousness, the Cornes brothers were the poster boys. Hardly surprising then that Kane admitted during the week to loving the sledging tactics of the Australian team and being disappointed that they were going to clean up their act. Total prat.

If anything AFL needs more actual journalists - people willing to double check and verify a story before plastering it on social media.

You mean, unless they write something bad about your club.

I just hope Crows supporters have to put up with Kane for as long as we've had to endure Graham.

All the clickbait he generates to rustle their jimmies probably helps pay for his son's medical bills.

You forget Rucci.

Kane is just another commentator added to the soup of these self-important people in the theater of commentators commenting on commentators.

Just directly continued the Cornes lineage from Graham of being deliberately provocative to drive ratings/clicks etc. Would hope we’d be smarter in this era but some will always get sucked in. Best ignored.

Imagine if Graham had twitter/facebook in the mid 90s.

The odds of Chad ending up as the most likeable Cornes would have paid off my mortgage a few years back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back