Conspiracy Theory Does the afl try to manufacture narratives?

Does the AFL try to manufacture narratives?

• Yes

Votes: 215 77.6%
  • No

Votes: 62 22.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it’s a video made by design, highlighting free kicks for one team only without any context or critical thinking.

No different to the crackpots who sit in their basement and make videos about the earth being flat with handpicked pictures they’ve found on google.

It’s not evidence of anything. It’s a constructed video to portray one side of a story, without any critical analysis or a counter point of view.

I was at the game. No matter how that video is 'constructed' they can't CGI what's going on. I along with other Crows fans and several Richmond fans sitting nearby were in shock at the umpiring.

Laughable whinge from a Crows supporter no doubt (not Plugger, I mean the video creator). Half of those are the grey decisions every team in every game gets because the umpires simply don't spot it, and there are some howlers, sure, but I'll bet that anything Adelaide got past scrutiny didn't end up in this video. The free kick count was 24-19 in Richmond's favour...not exactly a clear bias towards a team that managed 30 more contested possessions even though the overall disposals count was almost identical.

There should be a stat for flaccidity...Adelaide would have blown the top off the meter measuring that one after half time...

And if you're an umpire bagger, become an umpire...

Grey decisions? Rubbish.

The Hawthorn player is running away from the ball carrier looking over his shoulder and Ballantyne runs directly at him to check him.

Contact is made and the unsuspecting player goes down.

I know you’re one of the biggest crackpots on this site who thinks the AFL is out to get the non-Victorian teams, but just try, try, to understand why the umpire would pay a free kick when they see a player get felled 20 metres off the ball by a serial offender.

Contact was initiated by the Hawks player who took a dive that wouldn't have been out of place at the Olympics.

You're missing the point completely about how players/teams are umpired differently....that is a form of corruption.

The umpire went all #freekickhawks because they were instructed to instead of paying things without taking the name of the player into account.

They saw it was Ballantyne so they paid the free kick straight away....even you have to acknowledge that this trashes the integrity of umpiring but sadly based on past replies, you might be a bit thick in this regard.

I told my Crows friends that I would bet my house that Richmond get a free within the first five seconds of the GF.

Am I a fortune teller or is it just that obvious how the AFL go about it?

And I said in the fourth quarter watch for the random bullshit frees to the Crows to try and even the ledger a bit before the end of the game and sure enough....

Contact was initiated by the Hawks player who took a dive that wouldn't have been out of place at the Olympics.

You're missing the point completely about how players/teams are umpired differently....that is a form of corruption.

The umpire went all #freekickhawks because they were instructed to instead of paying things without taking the name of the player into account.

They saw it was Ballantyne so they paid the free kick straight away....even you have to acknowledge that this trashes the integrity of umpiring but sadly based on past replies, you might be a bit thick in this regard.

Watch the 2012 Prelim Final. Worst umpiring in history of game in the first half.

This is simply a lie.

It’s fanciful bullshit.

Tinfoilhat.jpeg

Half correct. They saw Ballantyne run directly at a player who was nowhere near the ball, looking over his shoulder, check him, and they paid a free for off the ball contact to make a statement early in the match.

You don’t get to call people thick when you consistently post anti-Freo conspiracy theories.

I was at the game. No matter how that video is 'constructed' they can't CGI what's going on. I along with other Crows fans and several Richmond fans sitting nearby were in shock at the umpiring.
A Crows fan who thinks the AFL conspired to lose them the GF.

Color me shocked.

This is simply a lie.

It’s fanciful bullshit.

Tinfoilhat.jpeg

Half correct. They saw Ballantyne run directly at a player who was nowhere near the ball, looking over his shoulder, check him, and they paid a free for off the ball contact to make a statement early in the match.

You don’t get to call people thick when you consistently post anti-Freo conspiracy theories.

1) No lie there I'm afraid.

2) Unfortunately this is fact. Teams/Players umpired differently trashes the integrity of the sport.

3) Freo had all the momentum at that early stage.....AFL didn't want an all-WA Grand Final so who was the easiest team to dud somehow....Freo!

4) Hayden Ballantyne reached the spot before the Hawks player did hence Hawks player ran into him.

Anti-Freo conspiracy theories...you mean the one where the AFL told us that we were set up to win 0-1 game in our first season? That is fact...AFL didn't want us to succeed in our first seasons.

Or maybe Sirengate where the Freo players heard the siren but for some reason the umpires didn't? I'll leave that for you to judge.

Or.....the AFL making bullshit demands for money that should by rights be going to WA Football instead of going to AFL HQ to fund Victorian teams. This one is fact unfortunately as well.

Or with the fixtures every year, we get shafted off to some bullshit locations because the AFL don't want us playing at the MCG. Fun fact - in 2010 our first game at the MCG was the SF loss to Geelong.

Or appointing umpires to Freo games that have known issues with Freo - see Leigh Fisher, delisted twice by Ross Lyon so lets put him in charge of a game containing a Ross Lyon coached Freo. This is also a known fact.

Now, a lot of these aren't conspiracy theories as there is fact to them......so, maybe you need to get your Victorian blinkers off and realise that the A in AFL is Australian. Funnily enough, I am also Victorian but I can see that Victorian teams are looked after so much better while interstate teams are just cash cows for the AFL.

1) No lie there I'm afraid.

2) Unfortunately this is fact. Teams/Players umpired differently trashes the integrity of the sport.

3) Freo had all the momentum at that early stage.....AFL didn't want an all-WA Grand Final so who was the easiest team to dud somehow....Freo!

4) Hayden Ballantyne reached the spot before the Hawks player did hence Hawks player ran into him.

Anti-Freo conspiracy theories...you mean the one where the AFL told us that we were set up to win 0-1 game in our first season? That is fact...AFL didn't want us to succeed in our first seasons.

Or maybe Sirengate where the Freo players heard the siren but for some reason the umpires didn't? I'll leave that for you to judge.

Or.....the AFL making bullshit demands for money that should by rights be going to WA Football instead of going to AFL HQ to fund Victorian teams. This one is fact unfortunately as well.

Or with the fixtures every year, we get shafted off to some bullshit locations because the AFL don't want us playing at the MCG. Fun fact - in 2010 our first game at the MCG was the SF loss to Geelong.

Or appointing umpires to Freo games that have known issues with Freo - see Leigh Fisher, delisted twice by Ross Lyon so lets put him in charge of a game containing a Ross Lyon coached Freo. This is also a known fact.

Now, a lot of these aren't conspiracy theories as there is fact to them......so, maybe you need to get your Victorian blinkers off and realise that the A in AFL is Australian. Funnily enough, I am also Victorian but I can see that Victorian teams are looked after so much better while interstate teams are just cash cows for the AFL.
I rest my case. You’re cooked.

I rest my case. You’re cooked.

Not at all.

You're just in denial of facts.

Those last ones are actually based on facts if you did some research (i.e. read articles) but I suspect you're too lazy to do so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Crows fan who thinks the AFL conspired to lose them the GF.

Color me shocked.

Explain the umpiring decisions on the video. Not one of them were "grey area" frees at all. Umpire right there and blatantly making s**t up to get Richmond frees while ignoring any for the Crows.

A moderator of the most popular football forum on the internet trying to s**t down any talk of the AFL manufacturing narratives. Colour me shocked.

And I said in the fourth quarter watch for the random bullshit frees to the Crows to try and even the ledger a bit before the end of the game and sure enough....

How does everyone know about the end of game even up'er frees? Is it some magical coincidence? Or is it perhaps people are capable of calling what they are seeing?

Not at all.

You're just in denial of facts.

Those last ones are actually based on facts if you did some research (i.e. read articles) but I suspect you're too lazy to do so.
#wewasrobbed #outtogetus #truther

Explain the umpiring decisions on the video. Not one of them were "grey area" frees at all. Umpire right there and blatantly making s**t up to get Richmond frees while ignoring any for the Crows.

A moderator of the most popular football forum on the internet trying to s**t down any talk of the AFL manufacturing narratives. Colour me shocked.
Yeah, I've been sent here by Gil. He's paying me and many others with a slice of the money he received from Richmond premiership merchandise that's been sold through each AFL shop.

Yeah, I've been sent here by Gil. He's paying me and many others with a slice of the money he received from Richmond premiership merchandise that's been sold through each AFL shop.

Everytime Steven Rowe on 5AA criticises the umpires his employer gets a phone call from Gill and Rowe gets a whack and he's admitted he will lose his job if he calls them cheats. The media can't even discuss it and they're the ones with any potential power. The media aren't on the take they're scared of losing their jobs.

Everytime Steven Rowe on 5AA criticises the umpires his employer gets a phone call from Gill and Rowe gets a whack and he's admitted he will lose his job if he calls them cheats. The media can't even discuss it and they're the ones with any potential power. The media aren't on the take they're scared of losing their jobs.
Of course. It's within the AFL's rights to say "If you're going to use your access to homes of millions of people, to accuse this establishment of cheating via umpiring, you have no business in being a part of this game and it's affiliations".

Fair enough, I would have thought.

Of course. It's within the AFL's rights to say "If you're going to use your access to homes of millions of people, to accuse this establishment of cheating via umpiring, you have no business in being a part of this game and it's affiliations".

Fair enough, I would have thought.

So who holds the umpires and AFL to account?

5 more frees in an 8 goal result, yep those biased umps lol

Did you watch the video? Did you not see my post where I talked about the umps evening up the frees in the fourth quarter? A simpleton looks at the number and comes to the conclusion the umpiring was ok but what about all the frees NOT paid to Adelaide?

The fans. If you think the sport is corrupt, stop watching it.

That's a really weak answer. People love their club and won't walk away from them. It's the medias role to hold large organisations and governments to account.

Back