Society/Culture Does the Australian flag have an image problem?

Remove this Banner Ad

They are the ones dying for it.
Conservative right wingers often make this nonsensical argument. If they're dying for the flag, why don't we just give one to those wanting to kill for it?
I think our soldiers are risking their lives for a little more than a flag.

Why are conservatives right wingers so keen on having the flag of another country on our flag? Why do they feel so inferior to the English when there are so many Australians to whom they can justifiably feel inferior?
Please show some pride and stop kowtowing to foreign powers. It's embarrassing.

Why are conservatives right wingers so keen on having the flag of another country on our flag? Why do they feel so inferior to the English when there are so many Australians to whom they can justifiably feel inferior?
He posts without a hint of irony.

Off thread but I'm curious as to why someone like you is attracted to right wing, conservative ideology?

Your hate-boner for conservatives is pretty sad at this point.

I know you’ve got your little schtick about how you’re smarter than everyone. But honestly, there is basically zero chance that you’re more intelligent than the people you are trying to troll on this website.
I've never claimed that. You're making stuff up again. In fact I've stated at least a couple of times that no one's ever accused me of being the sharpest tool in the shed or the smartest kid on the block.
Although I do agree with you that being smarter right wing conservatives is setting the bar very, very low.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never claimed that. You're making stuff up again. In fact I've stated at least a couple of times that no one's ever accused me of being the sharpest tool in the shed or the smartest kid on the block.
Although I do agree with you that being smarter right wing conservatives is setting the bar very, very low.
And I do agree that you are clearly of modest intelligence. It just seems like a weird thing to troll about given your own limitations.

Well obviously not but they certainly know who they are fighting for because the flag is everywhere . If the flag is meant to be symbol then this is where it does it’s job and serves its ultimate purpose.
But a symbol is not the concept itself.
You can change the symbol of the concept without changing the concept.
Especially if the concept has evolved so that the symbol no longer represents it accuratley.

I would be interested in knowing how many great nations have existed with one glad from beginning to end. I wouldnt be surprised if it was none. I cant immediatlry think of any.

On SM-G955U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

And I do agree that you are clearly of modest intelligence. It just seems like a weird thing to troll about given your own limitations.
You and others have successfully established on a couple of other threads that even someone of modest intelligence is likely to be much brighter than your average right wing conservative.
This thread's about our national flag. Do you think we should kowtow to a foreign power or have our own flag?

This thread's about our national flag. Do you think we should kowtow to a foreign power or have our own flag?
That question betrays how simple all of these issues appear to you. They are not. You call it “kowtowing” to insist that retention of the Union Jack is purely a humiliating and bad thing, as if there’s no other possible interpretations.

Do you have anything in your trick bag other than shitposting-in-the-form-of-a-question?

I bet you're not even trying to be ironic :D

Anyway stop being such a grumpy whinger. Repeatedly posting your insecurities is derailing this thread.
Mate, you literally cannot stop bringing up this “gravitate to conservative ideology” thing despite admitting you yourself are not smart. It’s your shortcomings that are on show at the moment, not my insecurities.

Mate, you literally cannot stop bringing up this “gravitate to conservative ideology” thing despite admitting you yourself are not smart. It’s your shortcomings that are on show at the moment, not my insecurities.
Doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome is not the definition of brilliance you've been led to believe :)

You and others have successfully established on a couple of other threads that even someone of modest intelligence is likely to be much brighter than your average right wing conservative.

I understand this argument about the brits flag on our flag.

IF we change our flag so it is not there that won't change that the brits are part of our national history post settlement / invasion (whatever term one wants to use).

As for 'kowtowing' - well we do that already and have been since post first nation inception, do it with the yanks too.

UK / US = Super powers that tell us what to do

Aus = They need us but we do what they say.

Blunt reality. Don't like it, but we're a lap dog, a very much needed by them lap dog none the less.

I understand this argument about the brits flag on our flag.

IF we change our flag so it is not there that won't change that the brits are part of our national history post settlement / invasion (whatever term one wants to use).

It gives us our own identity, time to cut the apron strings.

Conservative right wingers often make this nonsensical argument. If they're dying for the flag, why don't we just give one to those wanting to kill for it?
I think our soldiers are risking their lives for a little more than a flag.

The red and blue ensign were interchangeable in WW1.
The RAAF and RAN have their own ensign.

Soldiers dies for the country, mates, ideals. Not a piece of cloth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back