Religion does the catholic church have a problem with repressed homosexuals

Remove this Banner Ad

TimmeT

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
think that they do on the accpunt of tje fact that they have suddenly been repromoting and reinforcing the fact that they want to ban.homosexuality and discourage membership from engaging in homosexual processes. not to mention the fact that they have had a number of people shown to have engaged in homo sex too.

It applies to sexuality as a whole. The OP bizarrely singled out homosexuality.
it seems there is a large amount of homosexual sexual assault happening and not to mention the fact the church bizarrley singled out homosexual activty when telling members such as priests to refrain from it.

there are very legitimate reasons to single out homosexuality.

it seems there is a large amount of homosexual sexual assault happening and not to mention the fact the church bizarrley singled out homosexual activty when telling members such as priests to refrain from it.

there are very legitimate reasons to single out homosexuality.

There was a US report as far back as early 90s that found that most molesters of boys did not report sexual interest in adult men. Plenty of reports since that back that up.

Throughout history minorities have been blamed for many things to strike fear of them. Jews accused of sacrificing Christian babies in Middle Ages. Blacks attacking whites women in the US.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just my view and with some unfortunate first hand experience I think I’m well qualified to comment. Of all it’s bullshit beliefs and dogmas the persecution of LGBTI has to be one of its biggest hypocrisies and when you understand that Roman Catholic Church is a Church of hypocrisy you get the gravity of the situation. There is no question that amongst the current priesthood there is a high % of gay men - possibly as high as 80%. I can name plenty that are gay - it matters not whether they are practicing or not - as a homosexual within the Catholic Church they are living a lie and that’s very sad.

Why did this come about?

Because of the “shame” associated with being gay in tight country catholic communities, boys exhibiting “signs” were pushed to the Priesthood. The strong moved away to the cities and escaped the small mindedness of their parents and the indoctrination of the church. The week stayed and became Priests with problems or Brothers.

I’m in my mid 40’s - a family I know well has a young priest within their family, they think it’s great - when he is home he avoids me like the plague - because he knows I know that he’s gay. I couldn’t give a rats arse as long as he’s happy, but here he is - living a lie in order to keep everyone happy. It’s a car crash waiting to happen.
It’s bee happening for a hundred years or more, fortunately it’s declining but it’s still an issue.

It applies to sexuality as a whole. The OP bizarrely singled out homosexuality.

Exactly. Christian churches generally have problem with sexuality. Pretty much they have a set of narrowly defined sexuality stereotypes, one for men and one for women, that everybody must conform to. Their concept of morality has become warped into a reflection of how closely you abide by your alloted gender stereotype, anything outside of the narrowly defined stereotype is considered immoral.

Don’t know about repressed, didn’t a pizza delivery guy discover a drug fuelled gay clergy orgy on Vatican grounds?!
Yes, yes he did!

Isn't the modern spin that they don't have a problem with homosexuals but homosexual acts are sin? So a theological look but don't touch type deal.

With the whole forgiveness thing can't you just go full Freddie Mercury your whole life and then repent your sins at the final hour?

St Peter: 'Are you not gay? That is sin.'
Dude: 'Well I was, ****ed 100s of guys actually. But that was wrong. I see the error of my ways now.'
St Peter: 'Righto then, in you come.'

How pathetically sad to repress your sexuality for some morbid fear of the afterlife.

There was a US report as far back as early 90s that found that most molesters of boys did not report sexual interest in adult men. Plenty of reports since that back that up.

Throughout history minorities have been blamed for many things to strike fear of them. Jews accused of sacrificing Christian babies in Middle Ages. Blacks attacking whites women in the US.
Muslims killing gays

Remove this Banner Ad

Back