Does this Club deserve your money?

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely the guys travelling to Sydney went expexting the possibility of a loss. If they didn’t, they were way too far ahead of themselves.
I went expecting a contest.

Not a complete and utter roll over.

Even if we lost badly, just fight.

Dropping uncontested chest marks and not keeping your feet was what i actually got

I went expecting a contest.

Not a complete and utter roll over.

Even if we lost badly, just fight.

Dropping uncontested chest marks and not keeping your feet was what i actually got
They stunk it up, there is no denying it.

Hopefully this is our Carlton game
From last year. The game that makes us pull our finger out.

Apart from that I kinda agree. No one likes flushing $ away to watch that. Feel sorry for the blokes who spent hundreds travelling to Sydney.

But that's part of the problem - why do we need a game or moment every year that makes us pull our finger out? Surely we should want to turn up and win and be successful from the start. We shouldn't need a loss or whack from the media to make our players actually care.

But that's part of the problem - why do we need a game or moment every year that makes us pull our finger out? Surely we should want to turn up and win and be successful from the start. We shouldn't need a loss or whack from the media to make our players actually care.

id like to say every team has the one game a year that puts them straight....hopefully that was ours...

absolutely not. if anything, I deserve their money.
Pfft

The best way for the club to get back to the glory years is for all the fans to pull our cash. Sponsors too.

DE91759E-3F3D-4DDE-B1A0-1DB0056CEEE9.jpeg

I’m disappointed in the JLT games and pre season preparations, also injuries don’t help. I think it’s also simply the lack of 100% effort from players for 1.5 hours on one day during the week. I understand the players have busy schedules, but surely you can be seen to be trying and working hard for 1.5 hours during a game, even if you make mistakes. Surely you want to be playing well and you enjoy working hard at the game.

The body language of players laughing after the game, shows little emotional reaction to me. People who work hard then lose are going to be exhausted and tired after a loss. I’m not saying don’t have a joke, I’m just saying, working hard to win is more likely to show players looking tired and a bit dissapointed.

The dropped marks, fumbles and missing kicks, it’s all just so amateurish. Doesn’t make much sense.

I’m disappointed in the JLT games and pre season preparations, also injuries don’t help. I think it’s also simply the lack of 100% effort from players for 1.5 hours on one day during the week. I understand the players have busy schedules, but surely you can be seen to be trying and working hard for 1.5 hours during a game, even if you make mistakes. Surely you want to be playing well and you enjoy working hard at the game.

The body language of players laughing after the game, shows little emotional reaction to me. People who work hard then lose are going to be exhausted and tired after a loss. I’m not saying don’t have a joke, I’m just saying, working hard to win is more likely to show players looking tired and a bit dissapointed.

The dropped marks, fumbles and missing kicks, it’s all just so amateurish. Doesn’t make much sense.
It’s like they were fixing games but are really bad at hiding the fact... that’s how rancid their performance was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I can say is do not let the door hit you in the arse on the way out !
True supporters get angry with the down times but they stick and support year in and year out even if the do implode after a game and vent.
Not a chance I would consider not paying up for my membership and going to 16 or so games a season.
The question maybe should be are you a true supporter ?

As a long -suffering member and supporter I agree with the loyalty and dedication part - but sometimes I worry that only us, the supporters and members, are there for the really long haul and we meanwhile automatically believe that the players, coaches and administration also crave a premiership and will do anything for the club to get one; Maybe that’s not always the case when many of them are only there for a 3-5 year tenure and focused on more individual short term resume-builder goals (ie, such as membership size, media activities, etc)? Anyway, hopefully this week the whole club will prove me wrong and we can actually start our season after the deplorable showings in the JLT + round one....

Of course, why jump ship? We played ******* terrible. Never seen us play that bad since the Matthew Knights era. Seeing Zach Merretts effort made me wanna spew up.

That being said, we have so far to go this season, it is literally making a storm in a tea cup. We were s**t, but we dont need to jump ship. Give it a rest.

True supporters get angry with the down times but they stick and support year in and year out even if the do implode after a game and vent.
Not a chance I would consider not paying up for my membership and going to 16 or so games a season.
Yeah true.

It was the old Sheedy line "supporter or just a barracker". But the loyalty at Essendon only runs one way. The club absolutely fleeces the support base and offers very little back in return. "Membership" is just an overpriced season ticket.

As long as it brings me entertainment, I'll continue to invest - and it's been fun for a long time yet. The good times easily outweigh the bad.

That being said, the club should be concerned that members feel this way after one loss. They can't even pass this up as fans being unreasonable either - they played like s**t and they've brought this reaction on themselves.

As long as it brings me entertainment, I'll continue to invest - and it's been fun for a long time yet. The good times easily outweigh the bad.

That being said, the club should be concerned that members feel this way after one loss. They can't even pass this up as fans being unreasonable either - they played like s**t and they've brought this reaction on themselves.

Same for me - it is entertainment (although Sunday was like a swift kick to the nuts - where is the fun in that!)

The problem for the club is that recently these listless performances are becoming a little more common. Hence why Hepp's comments saying that 'this isn't us' are not cutting through.

The members are always there - we're doing our bit.
What happens if: in one season the members simply didn't turn up? Sorry EFC - 'that's not me' I'll be 'back in' next year...
How would that go down?

It's not just one game. It's 15 years.

With close to half of that period, falling under the cloud of an extraordinary experimental regime. If any supporter base deserved to be cynical over their football club it would be Essendon supporters.

I honestly cannot blame anyone for turning against the club after what has gone down since our last finals win. We have, throughout that time, been one of the most poorly managed organisations in Australia - sporting or otherwise.

So..

Hows Round 2 looking?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back