Analysis Does Venables remind anyone else of Judd?

Does Venables remind of you of Judd at points?

• Yes

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • No

Votes: 73 49.7%
  • Sort of.

Votes: 34 23.1%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 29 19.7%

• Total voters

eagles rule

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
I was impressed with Venners 1st quarter last week ,did fade but watching last night v Saints he looks like he was involved with some strong contested marks and tackles also kicked a good goal .. He could have a real breakout game soon

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wirra44

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Force,WAWarriors,SA Spurs
Good step in the right direction for venners, has the talent just needs to have a few more performances like that.

WCE_phil

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
The glimpses have been what has kept him in the side and what got him drafted where he did.

For him to become a good player he needs to develop much better game sense and consistently put in performances at and above the level of last night and against good sides.

ATM he reminds me much more of a young Gary Rohan than a young Judd type (he doesn't have Rohan's blistering speed) but he has all the attributes that can make for a great player bar one. Game sense and the ability to read the play as it happens.

Falco

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco Lions, Ferrari, Minardi
I think he needs time on the ball to get him into the contest. But I agree with you WCE_phil he lacks game sense and the ability to read the play.

If anything, he needs time in the side. I saw a lot of positives in his game against the Saints - I hope he gains confidence from this and carries that momentum forward for the rest of the season.

Bacchus

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
Not even a poor mans Judd at this stage but he's getting better. He's only 20 y.o and has just played 20 games so there is a long way to go. Some players make a big splash immediately, others are more of a slow burn.

FKASC

Account Deleted
AFL Club
West Coast
None of his good glimpses have taken place deep in the forwardline though, so rather than a forward pocket I wish we would try him as a tagger or something or at least encourage him to roam up the ground more as a marking high half forward.

He’s lost as a deeper forward

HoneyBadger35

Friends, Family, Flex
AFL Club
West Coast
The one (and only one) area that I see parallels is the burst of speed in traffic/after gaining possession. We haven't seen it nearly enough to warrant Judd comparisons yet, but I'd be lying if I hadn't seen parallels the few times Venners does get up and running. A couple of examples I could recall:

That's a very niche area of the game though and, otherwise, no, no comparisons. Hopefully with an uninterrupted pre-season and some more midfield opportunity he can build into a nice dynamic mid long term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
West Coast
The one (and only one) area that I see parallels is the burst of speed in traffic/after gaining possession. We haven't seen it nearly enough to warrant Judd comparisons yet, but I'd be lying if I hadn't seen parallels the few times Venners does get up and running. A couple of examples I could recall:

That's a very niche area of the game though and, otherwise, no, no comparisons. Hopefully with an uninterrupted pre-season and some more midfield opportunity he can build into a nice dynamic mid long term.
Maybe he just needs a game against Brisbane in nice dry daytime conditions...

kerr87

All Australian
AFL Club
West Coast

He doesn't have a pure raw break-away pace that Judd had, but he's quick enough has good agility.

Top Bottom