Analysis Does Venables remind anyone else of Judd?

Does Venables remind of you of Judd at points?

• Yes

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • No

Votes: 74 49.7%
  • Sort of.

Votes: 35 23.5%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 29 19.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
Both Woosha and Carlton have had / do have Judd mentor young lads (Merrett and Setterfield), so why don’t we? Listening to Kerry on Coast To Coast talk about Judd being a forward as a junior and then coming to West Coast, Juddy taught himself how to find the footy. Imo we should be getting in touch with Judd to be a mentor to Venners.

Why can’t Priddis be used as a mentor to Venners ..And teach him to be a tackling beast that finds his own ball ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Spuddigger

Senior List
Oct 19, 2018
Australind WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur.
I've been watching quite a lot of Chris Judd highlights recently (probably too much), and I just keep thinking how there are very few players that are similar to him. That 04-07 period was fantastic, and I haven't seen anyone emulate that since, which is fair enough, really. Peak Judd was up there with the best of the best, and that sort of form only happens once in a lifetime. But I still crave it, and so, that brings me to Venables.

I watched Venners pretty closely this season, and I just kept seeing flashes of Judd whenever he picked up the ball - small, but very much there. The way he twisted and turned, gave the ball off, kicked off both feet seamlessly. I didn't want to get my hopes up too high at first, but after watching Judd highlights obsessively, I just can't shake the feeling.

Could Venables be a similar player to Judd, once he puts it all together? I highly doubt what we've seen this year of Venables is anything close to his best; injury has been a massive problem for him for the past 4 years, and he's probably quite a ways back from where his peers are.

How good could he be?
Petrocelli reminds me of Scott Waters.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Why can’t Priddis be used as a mentor to Venners ..And teach him to be a tackling beast that finds his own ball ..

Met matt the other night in gero as i picked dad up from the airport.

Hands like dinner plates and its like he does bicep curls with each finger and thumb.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah get him in the guts. Barely saw him in the guts on the weekend and when he went in there he made an impact.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast

Thats very interesting. Sheeds contested game and hands in tight are so good and he spent years learning off Priddis (its a pitty his tackling didn't rub off on Sheeda).

Maybe Boots and Yeo should take DV into their wings.

I don't want to stroke HT's ego but it's not a bad idea to use DV on a wing instead of a masten. Think Sheeds improved his tank enough to work hard two ways on the outside and i think him and Redden could combine to replace Masten on a wing. DV could be used as burst outside player to break the lines and take the game on for us. On a wing i can see him being that 16-20 possy player.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Wish Sydney left Florent (pick 11) on the board for us. Kid will be top 3 from that draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Venables is less Judd and more Steven Armstrong.

He's starting to look like our second luckiest premiership player.

Great physical attributes combined with zero football nous. I'm losing faith quick.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
A nothing footballer at the moment. Cripps, Ryan, Rioli and Petch are all ahead of him as a half forward and he has a s**t tank, has inconsistent intensity, doesn’t win much ball and is overrated ball in hand. He isn’t going to be a mid anytime soon.

Extended time in the WAFL is beckoning especially when Rioli is back.

Back