Review Dogs 100 def Eagles 93 - Rd 2, 2021

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I’m not sure Dusty is better than a lot of those guys at all. It’s just impossible to ignore his record in finals.

If you are playing Dusty head to head on Michael Voss for example, I feel Voss would likely win out.

Recency bias is strong with Dusty.

Could be right there.

For the ability to be just the clear difference dusty is awesome. Accumulation and tackles he just leaves to grunts like Jnr and Voss...

CDBulldog

All Australian
Mar 31, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ablett snr
Dusty
Gaz Jnr
Carey

In my time KH. Didn’t catch enough of Lethal.

Carey’s legend/reputation better than reality compared to the others for me.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Agree with Ablett Snr. On his day best player I’ve ever seen, and it’s not close. When he was on he was unstoppable.

Next Waiting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 19, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I thought he was kicking to Vanders
I thought that initially, especially the behind the goals angle looks like Naughts swooped in Vanders ball. But the angle from behind Vanders shows the lines both Naughts and Vanders were running. That angle suggests it was beautifully placed for Naughts to run straight onto, into space, untouched. Perfectly weighted. Millimetre perfect.

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I’m really just unsure what you’re trying to imply you want bevo to do. Come up with some wild revolutionary plan to negate Nic Nat? If he managed that, quickly copywrite it because 16 other teams will want the blue print.

you mentioned Kelly on the outside getting a few, yeah he sure did. But so did Bont and who was more damaging?

We’ve just got to limit the bleed in there with a guy like Nic. He’s a freak. It happens, freaks have unstoppable games.
No apparently it’s possible to stop every opposition star all game every game and if you can’t you are a useless coach

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Am I stupid? I look at Josh Bruce and I think he is such a spud, then he goes out and plays a pretty solid game this afternoon. What's the consensus within the doggies supporter base? Is he rated, or is he just a solid option while you wait for JUH / Josh Schache (I mean, maybe?!) to develop?

EDIT: Also; great win this arvo. What a classic. Both teams for mine are within the top 6, especially with the Saints showing me that their brand does not hold up against good sides.
Granted he is no Levi Casboult he goes ok but he will never dominate every week

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I thought the crowd was sensational being at the game. The roar in the last when that little gnome razor didn't pay the holding the ball against McGovern almost took the roof off. It was just so bloody good to be back around dogs supporters and seeing the joy on everyone's faces at the siren. I took my 4 year old to his first ever game today what a way to start his bulldogs journey! Exciting year ahead. Go dogs
It was fantastic but not every Dog supporter enjoyed it

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Tactically i love how WC play the game. They have set plays all over the ground. Wish we could do a bit of that rather than working so damn hard for our goals. Some big efforts by our boys in the last few mins, we know the obvious one but just want to mention Stef Martin and Bruce too
We play to our strengths and they to theirs

I bet they wish they midfielders who could win the ball when Nicnat isn’t sending it down their throats

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
In my opinion Bevo plays favourites quite often. He's obsessed with multi-dimensional players that can play multiple positions in the ground. I understand the attractiveness of it, but I don't think every player in the first 22 needs to fit that bracket.

I think he sees more flexibility in Gardener than Cordy or Young, though I still prefer both Young and Cordy to Gardener.
Every coach in history plays favourites, otherwise known as players playing the team game

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hahaha 😂😂😂 that’s a massive call, if that’s the case I think Schache will become a Jonathan Brown type of player in a few seasons!!!

Gardner is and always will be an average player and tonight was a prime example of it. People in here are wishful thinking other wise.
I thought Malthouses article was spot on and realistically where our list is at.
No

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Felt sorry for Martin, seemed like a lot of the centre bounces ended up right on his head so he had to stand and wait while NicNat had a clean run and jump. Hard enough competing against him when the ball is bounced straight. Impossible when it's on your head.
And razor was ready with the whistle to penalise as he did in Q1

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He’s way of the mark to be in the team, if you want “examples” just watch the match highlights there’s enough seen in that let alone being at the game watching him to show why.
Yeah they can be worked on in the VFL not in an AFL side trying to make top 4. I’m not saying he’s a bad bloke or doesn’t try or give effort, he’s just flat out not ready and it’s the coach/match committees problem more then his!
BS

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Accuracy is so important now with the kick outs being so dangerous. You really cannot afford to miss easy set shots and I’d even go as far as saying don’t take shots at goal you aren’t confident in, no more having an extremely low percentage ping around the corner. I’d rather overuse the ball and get done trying to get in good positions for shots on goal. As long as you set up defensively quickly you’d rather them get a free or probably even a crappy turnover inside 50 then a kick in.

We get sucked way too high on the press still, it was obvious WCE were trying to drag us as high as possible and get us over the back with their runners, which worked a number of times. Can’t afford to do that. Let them work up but we need to hold our defensive wall through the middle of the ground, no higher. I honestly don’t care how many numbers they push up around the ball hold that last line of defence further back and we’ll always be getting it back. We’re slowly getting better at getting the ball into the hands of our good users for that last kick inside 50, and we’re getting better at picking out players with short options just inside 50 rather than bombing into a congested forward line.

Got a few players in the team now quite capable of kicking set shots from that 50m range so need to utilise them when our forward lines being flooded
Talked about by Bevo on 360 as an issue

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Agree with Ablett Snr. On his day best player I’ve ever seen, and it’s not close. When he was on he was unstoppable.
100%.Ablett Senior was on a different plane.

Fox recently replayed a 1993 game, Geelong v Essendon. Ablett played most of the first half on a flank, then forward pocket. Kicked 14 goals in a losing team against the eventual premiers.

Noone else has ever played to that level.

Reminded me of one of his GF efforts.
And the PF. Remember when he emerged from the bottom of a pack with the ball, handballed it over his head to Stringer who tapped it on to Dahlhaus... well, we all know what happened next 😀

Back