Review Dogs 105 defeat Crows 55 - Rd 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Managed. So pretty much yeah he was rested because he's no spring chicken.
We’re clearly trying to lessen the burden on the vets (ie Bont not in the middle so much this week and Libba got a week off).

Great to be in a position where we can get away with that.

Interesting cruise to a win day. As soon as we started to focus we were in second gear the whole way.

Probably good at this time of the year in those conditions and allowed Bevo to try a few things - English back, another game of Schache, Libba and Bont both out of guts with Smith going into Libba’s role, Dale moving go sweeping back pocket in Duryea's role and more focus on Marra - who looked fantastic - especially his defensive chases. Kick straight and could have 4.

Was great to win with our best players in cotton wool: Bont, Libba, Naughton, Macrae (was still very good but average by his incredible standards. And Wood and Dunkley eased in.

The Schache experiment is working has was more than Ok and brings an extra dimension - for a second game on one of the best one on forwards in the game was most pleasing. Watching the VFL Lewy was OK but I think Schache has him covered which is bad for Young. West, Wallis, McNeil, Khamis and Cavarro were very good and VDM had a good run and should come in soon - his speed is something. Hayes got a lot of it but disposal let him down at times.

Was Lippy the sub? Crozier? Neither player VFL which is weird.

Not sure who goes out but Duryea, Richards, VDM, Trelor are good enough to make 4 people unlucky.

Interesting cruise to a win day. As soon as we started to focus we were in second gear the whole way.

Probably good at this time of the year in those conditions and allowed Bevo to try a few things - English back, another game of Schache, Libba and Bont both out of guts with Smith going into Libba’s role, Dale moving go sweeping back pocket in Duryea's role and more focus on Marra - who looked fantastic - especially his defensive chases. Kick straight and could have 4.

Was great to win with our best players in cotton wool: Bont, Libba, Naughton, Macrae (was still very good but average by his incredible standards. And Wood and Dunkley eased in.

The Schache experiment is working has was more than Ok and brings an extra dimension - for a second game on one of the best one on forwards in the game was most pleasing. Watching the VFL Lewy was OK but I think Schache has him covered which is bad for Young. West, Wallis, McNeil, Khamis and Cavarro were very good and VDM had a good run and should come in soon - his speed is something. Hayes got a lot of it but disposal let him down at times.

Not sure who goes out but Duryea, Richards, VDM, Trelor are good enough to make 4 people unlucky.

Lipi, so Crozier was probably a travelling emergency.

JJ very good. Dale unbelievably good. Has the best kicking skills in the AFL. It won’t be just Ben Dixon eating huge amounts of humble pie this weekend.

The real MVPs of this game.

View attachment 1192439

We may have just seen a preview of new stadiums in the age of COVID-19.

1627724242416.png

Rather than a grand stand that makes social distancing difficult, just build multi-level carparks all facing the oval so everyone can sit safely in their cars.

Have been concerned for a while about our bottom 4-6 players but they all had decent days today. Treloar back is a given and probably Duryea but don't think VDM will be a certainty and same with Richards. Don't forget Crozier and Lipinski are on the edge too. If Martin is fit he is a given because of the flexibility he gives us with English. Weightman is playing VDM's role at the moment and deserves his spot. Is Jamarra ready for a big final and he is developing nicely?

I think of the 22 today R.Smith and Garcia are the 2 most vulnerable but both were OK today and would be stiff. Scott was good today too so unless we get a few injuries there's going to be some disappointed boys in September. Glad I won't be having those awkward conversations with those who miss out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very happy with the result. Said earlier in the week we would win by 50, was bloody close!

Game was trickier than it looked because Adelaide disregarded all safety with the way they attacked the ball at times. All the power to them but their play was pretty reckless I thought, few touch and go moments as a result.

Game will serve as a good test run for playing Hawks in Launy for both conditions and the way we line up. Good move having Bont rest forward.

Nice win. First half was particularly impressive, Adelaide came out hot but we were able to slow them down and through the dominance in the middle we were able to build a really big lead.

Game fizzled out a bit in the second half and perhaps we didn’t take full advantage of the first half lead by pumping out a big win.

Would have Dale, Daniel, BSmith and Macrae as our best. Johannisen was also solid. Almost game from JUH, was great in the first half but missed some opportunities in the second half to turn it in to a big game. Nice to win when Bont isn’t at his usual high standards, it’s rare.

Schache was unbelievable in that first quarter but struggled a bit after. The experiment is definitely worth it and he should stay in until at least Keath is back. Not sure he is ready to anchor the defence though, think it would be beneficial for he and Cordy to have Young in the side.
Would like to see Schache as the second Tall defender with Keath back in the side. Can intercept and with very tidy disposal for a big bloke

Would like to see Schache as the second Tall defender with Keath back in the side. Can intercept and with very tidy disposal for a big bloke
Agree re Schache, he is classes ahead of Cordy, have a look at the Adelaide's goals, Number 12 for the Bulldogs featured in most of them, he is slow and his disposal is ordinary.

Cordy is becoming a problem to me. Don't believe he is in the 22. Unfortunately for him he just doesn't have any facet of his game that could be considered elite. Strength, Speed, Disposal, IQ, Reach. None of them.

At least with Schache his disposal is great for his size and you can tell at times his positioning can be really good. I think Schache should model his role on Jake Lever. He won't get to that level but there can be a few similarities there and he can perform that type of role. And if you give him a preseason with the defensive group he has room to grow. Cordy just doesn't have much growth that I can see.

Jamarra is building every single week.
I agree he is definitely getting more confident. I would still like to see him chase and try harder when he doesn’t have the ball. He can tend to give up pretty easily at times. Maybe that changes as he gets older and more physically conditioned.

I agree he is definitely getting more confident. I would still like to see him chase and try harder when he doesn’t have the ball. He can tend to give up pretty easily at times. Maybe that changes as he gets older and more physically conditioned.

Did you not see the 3 crunching tackles he laid today?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What a great fleet of medium defenders we have at the club atm. Daniel, Williams, Dale, Wood, Duryea, Richards, Crozier. That’s such a strength of the club when a few years ago it was basically JJ or bust when it came to transition D50.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back