Review Dogs 105 defeat Crows 55 - Rd 20

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d love to know how Schache feels about it.
There was a post-match interview last week -probably still on the club website if you're interested - where he sounded like he was really enjoying it.
Still, what else was he going to say? Especially if the alternative is playing VFL and maybe getting traded out or even delisted in 12 months.

We are in the same boat Mutt Im moving for work, the wife and I have been watching Stefanos SBS food shows in preparation
Let me know when you get here. I'll show you around. I'm hardly even an alcoholic at all, so you've got nothing to worry about ;)

There was a post-match interview last week -probably still on the club website if you're interested - where he sounded like he was really enjoying it.
Still, what else was he going to say? Especially if the alternative is playing VFL and maybe getting traded out or even delisted in 12 months.

To me, he looked relieved. The new challenge seemed to rejuvenated him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Tenacious and hard at it he's like a hybrid of Dahl and Clay Smith.. Love Sonny
I would add that Garcia has a bit of Libba in him as well. Really good at getting the hard ball. With experience I think he could become Libbas replacement. This kid is an unpolished diamond.

Anyone else get the sense Garcia hasn’t really been getting much attention from the commentators? Been really good since coming in.
That tells you alot about the quality of the commentators. Garcia is likely to be one of our best picks given he was in the 60s. The kid is really tough and scores goals. He has been unlucky with injury, but with two or three more big preseasons he is going to be gold.

I’d love to know how Schache feels about it.
It's hard to really know but to me his body language looks much better. That little more time and space with the ball and less direct pressure in the contest must be some relief after all the weight and pressure of being a struggling kpf.

The extra $5k a week playing 1s for a Premiership contender vs an uncertain future, playing 2s and possibly having to take a basement deal from a struggling club to stay in the comp after next year.

What's not to like?

Mallee ????????? I thought it was Sunraysia.
I guess the Mallee usually refers to the unirrigated part of northwest Victoria: the dryland farms and the mallee scrub and desert. Sunraysia is the fruit bowl - the irrigated land on both sides of the river.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess the Mallee usually refers to the unirrigated part of northwest Victoria: the dryland farms and the mallee scrub and desert. Sunraysia is the fruit bowl - the irrigated land on both sides of the river.
Grew up in the Dust bowl that is Ouyen in the Mallee. Mildura is a much preferable location 😉

Roarke is quietly becoming a very, very solid depth player.

Yup, we've been crying out for someone that can genuinely hold down the opposite wing to Hunter and Smith is at least able to come in and play that role well. The important thing about our list is that our 20-30 range players can come into the team and play their role, it doesn't feel like an injury or two will derail us like some other teams.

I think that both parties would be happy to retain Roarke on our rookie list.

AFLCA Votes
Dale the unanimous BoG. Daniel and Macrae get a 4 and a 3 each.

Western Bulldogs v Adelaide

10 Bailey Dale (WB)
7 Caleb Daniel (WB)
7 Jack Macrae (WB)
2 Tom Liberatore (WB)
2 Lachie Hunter (WB)
1 Rory Sloane (ADEL)
1 Bailey Smith (WB)

LEADERBOARD

101 Clayton Oliver MELB
94 Marcus Bontempelli WB
90 Samuel Walsh CARL
89 Ollie Wines PORT
85 Touk Miller GCFC
79 Jack Steele STK
77 Zach Merrett ESS
70 Darcy Parish ESS
66 Christian Petracca MELB
61 Max Gawn MELB
61 Rory Laird ADEL
61 David Mundy FRE
59 Hugh McCluggage BL
59 Nic Naitanui WCE
58 Jack Macrae WB
57 Jarryd Lyons BL
54 Tom Stewart GEEL
51 Tom Mitchell HAW
50 Jordan De Goey COLL
50 Cameron Guthrie GEEL

I was thinking more if another club came for him offering a fey forward role. I’d hope he’d think long and hard about what position is going to give him the best chance of a career.
Whod be silly enough to offer him that? His body of work up forward at the top level is pretty conclusive. And hopefully hed be looking at the future, as you say theres a lot more upside to the dogs atm than any other team out there. Much more chance of being a "Premiership Player" here than anywhere else youd think.

Whod be silly enough to offer him that? His body of work up forward at the top level is pretty conclusive. And hopefully hed be looking at the future, as you say theres a lot more upside to the dogs atm than any other team out there. Much more chance of being a "Premiership Player" here than anywhere else youd think.
Wasn’t that long ago that people in here were speculating he could do a job forward for Collingwood types. Hopefully he’s happy and can make a real go of the role. Love me a marking key defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back