Review Dogs 118 Def Suns 56 - Rd 5, 2021

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Melbourne City
Good win, ordinary second half but when we're on it's scary good.

Sweet showed up Bevo for not debuting him last year. Clearly would have been capable of making an impact earlier, good first hitout.

adammonerz

Senior List
May 31, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea
Time to drop Bailey Smith been selfish as of late do a Macrae on him and drop him to the vfl for a few weeks

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
I'm still really angry about that free against Macrae. I forgive the umpires for getting it wrong fairly often because it's a hard game to umpire. But to make up rules on the spot? I'm sorry but that unforgivable.

Jackson has been ducking under tackles literally for years now. It's a big part of his game. He's not trying to draw a free; he doesn't stop and wait for the whistle. He does it to make himself hard to tackle so he can get a clean handball away (which he did in this instance). And he is well within his rights to do that. There's no such thing as paying a free against for "ducking". If you want to call him putting his head down relinquishing his prior then fine, that's fair, but he's disposing of the ball legally.

I don't give a s**t that we played poorly for a quarter. It was a good game to have our drop off. But * the game is hard to watch when the umpires don't even know the rules. And don't get me started on goal reviews. Max Barry wrote a fantastic blog article on how they destroy the suspense of the game.

Not worried about the 3rd qtr slowdown and a 60+ point win is nothing to snub the nose at. Sure another 100+ would have been a nice to get but FWIW this has traditionally been one of the upset games we’ve seen.

BulldogJake

All Australian
Jul 24, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Played 3 quarters of perfect footy, then one quarter that was pretty poor while Gold Coast played well in that quarter.

Naughton always seems like his close to another 6-7 goal game, but things don't always go his way (goal review, unpaid mark 10 metres out).

Sweet looked good and it'll be interesting to see whether we rest Martin again next week before the Richmond game or he comes back against GWS.

Surely Daniel will come back in for Scott. Midfield was elite in those 3 quarters. Not much else to say besides go dogs.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Melbourne City
The umpires clearly felt sorry for the Suns and did their best to adjudicate every possible contest in their favour. Shizen umpiring performance, think they only paid one holding the ball all night.

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Mattdougie how was Bailey Dale today?

gangsta deluxe

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Rajasthan Royals!!!
Not worried about the 3rd qtr slowdown and a 60+ point win is nothing to snub the nose at. Sure another 100+ would have been a nice to get but FWIW this has traditionally been one of the upset games we’ve seen.

Disagree. We should be disappointed with that effort. We should’ve beat that team by twice that margin.

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Poor second half but we still outscored them. No idea how, but we did and if we can play that poorly and still do that we’re going alright.

Their #4 in the back line had a bit of the Heath Shaw about him

Back