Review Dogs 167 slaughter Roos 39 - Rd 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

It was Joyce, and he was sacked after it. Lost by 87 to Brisbane in Brisbane round 1, 131 to North round 2, then gone
Joyce wasn't sacked immediately following the North round two loss.

The first game Wallace coached was against West Coast IIRC, which was roughly round 13ish.

Leon

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2004
Bound for Germany 2006!
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Harry's Heroes
Joyce wasn't sacked immediately following the North round two loss.

The first game Wallace coached was against West Coast IIRC, which was roughly round 13ish.

You are correct.

Joyce offered his resignation after a loss against the Swans at the SCG (featured in the Year of the Dogs) doco and the board accepted it.

After that Round 2 loss to Norf, Joyce offered his resignation but the club didn’t accept it.

Wallace coached the week after the Swans game, against the West Coast Eagles at the Whitten Oval, and was signed to full time coach at the end of 1996.

I’d be concerned if I was Hall, Polec, Atley, Walker and Turner at years end. Gonna be another big culling.

Turner is in their leadership group... he’s a small forward who hasn’t kicked a goal since mid 2019 (missed 2020).

genuine s**t truck. Wish.com Mitch Honeychurch

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
Will Gardner's injury now mean Naughton moves back?
If it was my call I'd be tempted, especially against Brisbane but I don't think MC will do that.

Not having Naughton up forward was what cost us the game against Brisbane last year. The crowd who want Naughton to go back have forgotten how impotent we were last year when he was out. I don't think we would kick a winning score against them with Naughton back.

Aug 15, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not having Naughton up forward was what cost us the game against Brisbane last year. The crowd who want Naughton to go back have forgotten how impotent we were last year when he was out. I don't think we would kick a winning score against them with Naughton back.
Cordy would be the obvious like for like replacement for Gardner. No need to switch Naughton back.

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Keath probably will get Daniher, not sure Young has the pace to go with Hipwood (not that Cordy is super quick either), will need the likes of Wood to assist.
Feel that Cordy is just a bit too vulnerable aerially against that Duo so Young may be a better fit for this game. Absolutely will need 3rd man up support. This could be the opportunity to see Young break through and become the BIG KPD that we need if he gets a crack fingers crossed

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Great first game to go to as a member living in Melbourne, never thought I’d see a dogs player kick 10! He was awesome and the crowd behind him was great

Kudos of the day goes to Timmy though, some of his off the ball running was insane and sometimes went unrewarded. Must be a nightmare matchup as someone like Goldy isn’t going to be able to follow him 50-70m across field, at least twice he took big marks after covering that type of distance. A couple of goals capped it right off for the big man!
Stef's inclusion has been huge for Timmy!! As he isn't gassed all the time from Solo rucking he can cover the ground better. And can get forward and be a real aerial threat. And finishing off his work by kicking straight was top shelf loving his work

bigboysdontcry

All Australian
Apr 19, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It was Joyce, and he was sacked after it. Lost by 87 to Brisbane in Brisbane round 1, 131 to North round 2, then gone

Joyce wasn’t sacked after that match. Haven’t you watched year of the dogs from the 96 season? Was sacked half way through the season.

You’re thinking of Terry Wheeler in 1995 when he was sacked after Round 2 getting belted by Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think McNeil keeps spot. Scott I’m not so sure about.
McNeill's pace seems to unsettle the oppo defenders as they are feeling inferred pressure that they may be run down, and he certainly closes down time and space for them. He does need a bit more compsure ball in hand he will get there I think and be a good player for us.

gangsta deluxe

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Rajasthan Royals!!!
I don’t know if this one has been posted yet but LOL
FCBE7E1F-D53C-4253-A79F-C34064D11B05.png

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I’ve never seen a KPF recover so quickly at ground level after an aerial contest. Naughton is going to be very, very special. I wouldn’t be moving him anywhere.

Well done Josh Bruce. He’s really turned it around on and off-field and I couldn’t be happier for him. I was told by a very realiable source he wasn’t the most professional in the hub (not going into specifics). Seems some truth in it after his post game comments being sober for 93 days. You can clearly see his body shape is better for it. A special moment watching with my son to see him crack 10.
Carey who knows a bit about the forward caper was raving about him throughout the game and highlighted his recovery skills and off the ball work

Remove this Banner Ad

Back