Review Dogs 167 slaughter Roos 39 - Rd 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

No way Naughton moves back.

He is way too important to our forward line and one of the best developing forwards in the game.

Also, if Naughton moves back, then English or Bruce get the best defender. This will have a knock on effect to their performance.

We should be backing in our midfield to win the contest and distribute it forward.

Naughton should be playing mostly forward and drift up the ground when necessary.

Stoked for Brucey.. he’s clearly put in the work and deserves results.

brilliant second half and we put them to the sword.

still scratching my head at their game plan of chipping sideways. A young team should be running and gunning.
Its a reaction to our great team defence

I might disagree with beveridges tactics and selection at times but the way he included the young kid in his press conference just shows his character and the guy he is. Have to give him credit
The fact that he actually knew about him and his background shows what sort of person he is

We are lucky to have a coach who understands what real empathy is

It’s genuinely embarrassing that Kayne Turner is in their leadership group.

Is Shaun Atley a lock to be the worst 300 gamer ever?

I know McNeill has not set the world on fire but I thought he was actually ok today. Puts a fair bit of pressure own the opposition inside our 50 and he does present front and square at a lot of contests. Kid just needs some time
His pace is a big plus

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the same as Treloar didn’t spend the next 20 minutes catching his breath and the going off with a career threatening injury only to return 5 minutes later
I’d forgotten about all that grimacing and stretching he used to do on the sideline like he was trying to pass a stool after a night on the turps & kebabs

a bit of fun statistics, since 2012 of all the teams that started with 3 wins, 54% made the top4, 75% made the top8 and only 25% did not play finals. So three games is a small sample but considering we played West Coast and Collingwood at the MCG and that we now have a great percentage, the best is yet to come.

The fact that he actually knew about him and his background shows what sort of person he is

When he finally leaves footy, there is a mountain of work in Canberra for him if he wants

Couple things that stood out to me at the game.

Bruce the obvious booting 10 goals, couldn’t tell you the last time a dogs player has done that.

Treloar was exceptional and kicked a couple of his trademark goals streaming in from the centre, he’s going to be huge for us, offers something else from our other midfielders.

Naughton was excellent at ground level, won a couple 50/50 contests which really he had no business winning against the smaller more agile north players.

Bailey Dale hit the contest real hard on a couple of occasions, it really stood out at the game, had to do a double take that it was Dale doing that, looks like he’s taking the next step in his career.

Bruce the obvious booting 10 goals, couldn’t tell you the last time a dogs player has done that.

Treloar was exceptional and kicked a couple of his trademark goals streaming in from the centre, he’s going to be huge for us, offers something else from our other midfielders.

Naughton was excellent at ground level, won a couple 50/50 contests which really he had no business winning against the smaller more agile north players.

Bailey Dale hit the contest real hard on a couple of occasions, it really stood out at the game, had to do a double take that it was Dale doing that, looks like he’s taking the next step in his career.
Are north's smalls really more agile though?

When did Dale get the ability to just walk through multiple blokes trying to tackle him? Thought the last thing we needed during preseason was more half backs, but he's been as good as any of them

The boy and his family were guests of the club. I think they were also in contact prior to covid, iirc.

When did Dale get the ability to just walk through multiple blokes trying to tackle him? Thought the last thing we needed during preseason was more half backs, but he's been as good as any of them
His core strength has probably been worked on during the preseason with this role in mind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back