Review Dogs 167 slaughter Roos 39 - Rd 3 2021

Shadesof54

Debutant
Sep 18, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Play of the match about half way through the first. Camera zooms into a mum in the stands who screams excitedly in baby/toddler's face. Kid gets a fright and slaps her fair across the face! Camera cuts off and noone says anything!
Saw this with my kids, we rewound several times and cracked up !!

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I reckon the 22 on our list who weren't in the ones today could've stretched Norffff.

Consider;

Khamis Young Crozier
Butler Cordy R.Smith

Richards Jong Lipinski
Sweet Maclean West

Cavarra Schache Garcia
Wallis Ugle-Hagan Hannan

Weightman Hayes Bedendo

That's a pretty balanced list of 'reserves'. This Sammy Power fella seems to go about his business in a pretty competent manner...

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I reckon the 22 on our list who weren't in the ones today could've tstretched Norffff.

Consider;

Khamis Young Crozier
Butler Cordy R.Smith

Richards Jong Lipinski
Sweet Maclean West

Cavarra Schache Garcia
Wallis Ugle-Hagan Hannan

Weightman Hayes Bedendo

That's a pretty balanced list of 'reserves'. This Sammy Power fella seems to go about his business in a pretty competent manner...

Our 2s forward line is better than their 1s forward line.

Triple Baileys

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
giphy.gif
missed with a high 5?

Sep 14, 2003
Williamstown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
LA Angels, Maple Leafs
So was I mate. My god Marra is a long way off being fit enough for senior footy. He was absolutely gassed after half time.

Some of this has to do with the new rules in the VFL - the new rules being experimented have turned the game into a farce. It like watching the NFL, where they have 1 play then stop for 5 minutes while the umpires check that everyone are in the right positions. I noted that a lot of the AFL clubs and head coaches are complaining loudly to head office about it.

The moment that really sums up the NMFC as a football club right now was when Bruce was lining up for goal number 10, and at least half a dozen of their players were more interested in punching on with Libba Jr. They spent more energy with their faux tough man antics than they did trying to win the footy in the whole 2nd half.

It really was embarrassing, and really shows how far this once mediocre football club has fallen.

It was the sort of crap you see in division 3 of the WRFL.

CDBulldog

All Australian
Mar 31, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Stef's inclusion has been huge for Timmy!! As he isn't gassed all the time from Solo rucking he can cover the ground better. And can get forward and be a real aerial threat. And finishing off his work by kicking straight was top shelf loving his work
Agree. Makes him impossible to match up on if he goes forward. Notice he often is jumping at the ball with an opponent who is 15-20cm shorter as their big KPDs are busy with Naughton and Bruce. Works beautifully.

CDBulldog

All Australian
Mar 31, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I reckon the 22 on our list who weren't in the ones today could've stretched Norffff.

Consider;

Khamis Young Crozier
Butler Cordy R.Smith

Richards Jong Lipinski
Sweet Maclean West

Cavarra Schache Garcia
Wallis Ugle-Hagan Hannan

Weightman Hayes Bedendo

Stretch Norf, no, instead win comfortably, yes. There is no way our seconds team would lose by over 100 points to our firsts. I’d predict a 50-60 point loss. Lol Norf!!!

D Mitchell

Premiership Player
Jul 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
The moment that really sums up the NMFC as a football club right now was when Bruce was lining up for goal number 10, and at least half a dozen of their players were more interested in punching on with Libba Jr. ...
Smith started it. Ziebal backed into the contest between McKay and Bruce. Smith raced in, mouthed off at Ziebal and shoved him in the chest. I can’t work out why because Ziebal was in front and it was McKay who gave Bruce a shove after the mark. Libber came in on Ziebal who went back at Smith, all you see is Ziebal moving towards Smith, can’t see what contact was made but after that you don’t see Ziebal in the action. When the camera comes back, it’s pushing and shoving, no punches or wrestling. Libber ended up on the turf because he went to ground trying to sling throw Simpkin, Thomas still had hold of Libber’s jumper from behind. It broke up pretty quickly. It was all silly but blame Libber. Smith’s young and a bit of a hot head, Libber’s now senior, he should have cooled Smith down instead of joining in against Ziebal. The kick could have been reversed. Stupid.

It was Joyce, and he was sacked after it. Lost by 87 to Brisbane in Brisbane round 1, 131 to North round 2, then gone
Not quite. He offered his resignation, it was rejected. He coached us for another 2-3 months and then offered to resign again and it was accepted after that (we lost to Sydney in Sydney).

You are correct.

Joyce offered his resignation after a loss against the Swans at the SCG (featured in the Year of the Dogs) doco and the board accepted it.

After that Round 2 loss to Norf, Joyce offered his resignation but the club didn’t accept it.

Wallace coached the week after the Swans game, against the West Coast Eagles at the Whitten Oval, and was signed to full time coach at the end of 1996.
First game for Wallace was against Collingwood at the G wasn’t it? The “I’ll spew up” game

Sharpiesadog

Team Captain
Sep 8, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Derby County
First game for Wallace was against Collingwood at the G wasn’t it? The “I’ll spew up” game
It was indeed.

Re the horrible North loss in ‘96, my friend who I go to the footy with had a massive hangover and didn’t want to go that day. I persuaded her to go.

After the game when we were drowning our sorrows I apologised to her for persuading her to go and vowed never to do so again. I have kept that promise, but we still go anyway.

I didn't really appreciate William's excellent kick to Bruce to set up that 10th goal until watching it on replay. It looks better every time I watch it.

Back