Review Dogs 167 slaughter Roos 39 - Rd 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I was away in the high country for an extra long weekend and didn't get a chance to watch nor listen to the the game live. National parks in mountains seem to make for lousy communications it would seem. However after watching the game last night. Ive gotta say something got lost in between as that was the dullest, most boring, witches hat avoiding, training run imaginable. Im sure it was somewhat exciting live, but for me if its possible I found the entire viewing experience of watching the dogs put a young inexperienced norf to the sword by 128 points to be pretty meh.

yeah, nah it was a boring game. I mean, it was necessary, but as a spectacle, way down on th list.

My bro in law who gave me a lift wanted to leave early, about 10 minutes before the final siren, and I said 'no, wait , lets see one more goal...' I was out of my seat and walking back to the car within 10s. :-/

As I mentioned in the thread I started about our double-digit goal kickers, if you sat through the hidings we got from North and others in the 70s and 80s, games like last Friday are mandatory watching. I loved it, every bloody minute, every turn of the screw into a hopeless opponent who had no qualms handing out thrashings to us when they were an on-field power. I could watch that game again every night for a week, and enjoy it more each time.

As I mentioned in the thread I started about our double-digit goal kickers, if you sat through the hidings we got from North and others in the 70s and 80s, games like last Friday are mandatory watching. I loved it, every bloody minute, every turn of the screw into a hopeless opponent who had no qualms handing out thrashings to us when they were an on-field power. I could watch that game again every night for a week, and enjoy it more each time.

Don't forget they stole Dempsey as well.

* Norf

Stole ? Dempsey was a better player at North, he used to park himself across half back and pluck marks at will. The Club was pretty ordinary in those days.
Maybe gilding the lily a bit there :p Gary won a Brownlow with us, several B&F's and Team of the Century ruckman [from my memory :oops: ] and regularly plucked marks for us at will

Remove this Banner Ad

Back