Review Dogs 57 def Giants 33. There’s bite in the old dog.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can today get any better? I just got a $10 refund from Uber Eats for my missing burger from my Burger Box Lucky Meal! So I got chips, a potato cake and a dim sim for free! Score! I never want this day to end! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did the Giants spend the week trying to work out how to scare Bontempelli (let's make Haynes toss the coin, genius!) and forget they had to also play a game of football?

Reminded me of the North game a few years ago, they should have brought Firrito in for some tips.

Another brilliant Leon Cameron idea

couldn’t stand him as a player and now I literally loathe him. Hopes he stays their coach for years because he isn’t winning anything

Wouldn't be fair to focus on any negatives after that win. We got a tough job done.

I saw some coaching tactics tonight. English playing behind the ball helping out the defense. Which is what Jacobs is pretty good at. Not only did English fill a hole, take a few grabs and have many spoils, he forced Jacobs to follow him and Jacobs had no idea what to do role often being 5 metres away from English, out of position and doing nothing. That is great coaching and i need to point that out after roasting the tactics last week.

Another brilliant Leon Cameron idea

couldn’t stand him as a player and now I literally loathe him. Hopes he stays their coach for years because he isn’t winning anything
Yeah I was going to add, Leon Cameron needs to learn how to drive his 'Ferrari'. He seems to rely on talent alone. Never a plan B.

Could have/should have been a bigger margin but will take the win over these muppets any day.
GWS butchered as many as we did.

Pro rata (opportunities inside 50) they were probably worse than us.

Great Win.

I don’t want to put too much of a dampener on it. GWS were with out Greene and Kelly. A win against them is still very satisfying.

Lloyd, Bruce and Dale also just as poor as the first two games is still concerning.

GOOD

Daniel, Keath, Crozier and Williams were absolutely brilliant down back. The latter 3 are surely locks for our best defence going forward. Daniel saw an important return to form after a disappointing start to the season. Cordy did well, just not on their level.

Bailey Smith is incredible. Lock him in ASAP because he's not far behind where blokes like Judd were at his age. He's our best midfielder right now on form in 2020, and would be leading the best and fairest.

Jong has really taken this opportunity and forced his spot in this side. He looks like a whole new player. Far less mistakes, and shows a desperation for the ball that few others on the list have.

McLean's return was long overdue, and he did some really good things.

Libba is the heart and soul of this team. We would never cop a thrashing like we did Round 1 so long as Libba is in the side. I don't remember him being such a good user of the footy, but I don't think I saw a single bad disposal from him.

English did much better. Lost the hitouts once again, but easily offered substantially more than Jacobs around the ground. Still think he could use help, but this was a huge improvement on the first two rounds.

Naughton and Bruce didn't hit the scoreboard apart from a single behind, but both did their jobs well. I was happy enough with their performances. Mitch Wallis was really good there.

Richards didn't see a lot of the ball, but every touch had big impact. A great kick, used his pace well and made good decisions. Very happy with him this week. Vandermeer did some really good things too. I'm happy to see him keep his spot for a little while, he's showing great signs.

BAD

Dale, Lloyd and Suckling have all fallen off a cliff this year. I'd rather have minimal changes this week, but these 3 are in danger. Sucklings kicking was just mindblowingly bad. I've never seen such a bad game from him. I'd like to think he's just a bit rusty, but I worry about him honestly.

I think it's about time that Lloyd comes out for Dickson, West or Weightman. He offers absolutely nothing

Wouldn't be fair to focus on any negatives after that win. We got a tough job done.

I saw some coaching tactics tonight. English playing behind the ball helping out the defense. Which is what Jacobs is pretty good at. Not only did English fill a hole, take a few grabs and have many spoils, he forced Jacobs to follow him and Jacobs had no idea what to do role often being 5 metres away from English, out of position and doing nothing. That is great coaching and i need to point that out after roasting the tactics last week.
Could have had 2 goals to go along with it.

Big big fan of Alex Keath. As solid as they get off field, and just so good at reading the ball in flight.

Great Win.

I don’t want to put too much of a dampener on it. GWS were with out Greene and Kelly. A win against them is still very satisfying.

Lloyd, Bruce and Dale also just as poor as the first two games is still concerning.

Bruce at least flew the flag

Dale and Lloyd are basically irrelevant

Yeah I was going to add, Leon Cameron needs to learn how to drive his 'Ferrari'. He seems to rely on talent alone. Never a plan B.

Hard to believe that he was once a favourite of mine because now I can’t stand the sight of him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not a fan of Beveridge since we won the flag but we had amazingly good structure and held our defensive zone with such discipline tonight - so... well coached Bevo. Kudos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back