Review Dogs 57 def Giants 33. There’s bite in the old dog.

Remove this Banner Ad

I still can't get over the coin toss thing.

2 games after the incident occurred, when they've had their own players kick, punch and eye gouge ours (all incidents with far worse intent than what Bont did), yet they try to take the moral high ground and get one back on him. Then to play like they did immediately after.

It's just so embarassing.
They really are a 💩 club.

Interested to see if anything comes out of the melee or the afl let it slide.
I think some melee/wrestling fines are likely but secretly the AFL and the networks will be loving it because it sucks in the viewers more than the anti-septic game they've turned it into. Very watchable stuff.

I'll be more interested to see if the MRP follows up on the Naughton-Whitfield collision. You can bet GWS will be cheerleading the MRP on that - and providing a very early medical report on Whitfield's condition.

The players might as well go play something without body contact like netball or lawn bowls if the MRP brings a charge against Naughton for that.

Huh?
Last year Lachie Young put together arguably the worst first string of individual games in AFL/VFL history. The reason I think it is a very strong contender for such a record being that prior to Bev I don't think any other coach in AFL/VFL history would have allowed a player to put together a string of games as bad as Lachie's first 5 let alone reach number 6. He should count himself lucky he is still on an AFL list.

Now I'm not saying that he should never come back into selection calculations again, but before he does I think he needs to put together a solid resume of outstanding VFL performances before being considered to replace anyone in the side, let alone a proven senior performer like Suckling.
His Richmond game was outstanding for a first year player. It was the next two games (4th and 5th) that were poor

Last edited:
The thing that annoys me most about GWS's rough-house crap is that they're coached by Leon 'never went near a contest let alone a fight' Cameron....

it’s hilarious

he was a pea heart I couldn’t stand him

Alex Keath is a deadset psycho, absolute competitive animal.... full on crazy eyes. Love it.

Libba has always had elite disposal by hand and food. Good to see it back.

Williams, Caleb, Smith, all very good. Most players played well or at least did their role.
He is so energetic down back. As soon as he took a mark, every single time he'd be frantically instructing the players. He's definitely that backline commander that we've been missing

I think some melee/wrestling fines are likely but secretly the AFL and the networks will be loving it because it sucks in the viewers more than the anti-septic game they've turned it into. Very watchable stuff.

I'll be more interested to see if the MRP follows up on the Naughton-Whitfield collision. You can bet GWS will be cheerleading the MRP on that - and providing a very early medical report on Whitfield's condition.

The players might as well go play something without body contact like netball or lawn bowls if the MRP brings a charge against Naughton for that.

No medical report needed if it's not a reportable offence

Alex Keath is a deadset psycho, absolute competitive animal.... full on crazy eyes. Love it.

Libba has always had elite disposal by hand and food. Good to see it back.

Williams, Caleb, Smith, all very good. Most players played well or at least did their role.
Agree. Not enough love for Keefy imo. Arguably in his 3 games at the club, he's consistently played his role as well as anyone in the team.

Had a reputation as a 3rd tall interceptor, but he's big and strong enough to go toe to toe with the likes of Cameron no probs. Is also mobile and confident enough to zone off when the opportunity presents.

Keath and any 3 of Cordy, Williams, Wood and Crozier rotating is starting to look like a pretty mobile, versatile deep defensive unit for mine, especially with English pushing back to assist.

A week or two back I said we had two, maybe three elite players. Bont, Naughton and maybe Bailey Smith. Well I'm updating that tonight. We have a definite three. Keep this up and Smith is a chance for AA. When Knightmare said in late 2018 that Smith was the best midfielder in the draft (which included eventual #1 pick Sam Walsh) I was sceptical. I'm starting to think it was the right call. He has that unmistakable quality of always seeming to have time with the ball. You can see him looking around as he takes his first steps with it. He seldom wastes it (94.1 DE% tonight). Oh and he also has a pretty handy rig, eh? As Carey said, if you're built like that you go topless all the time.

I think Smith vs Walsh will be like Bont vs Macrae. Both elite midfielders, but Walsh being more of an incredible accumulator/quiet achiever and Smith having more of an ability to break a game open.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

8 kicks and 1 handball for 314m gained tonight. He makes good decisions, is quick and uses the ball well. Has some mongrel in him as well.
I would just like him to get more of it.
Growing in confidence is noticeable. Took On his opponent a few times. Good stuff.

Shaw's a nutbag. His eyes at the last stouch looked like he was goddamn possessed.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk
Reminds me of the 2016 prelim when Tory kicked the goal. Heath fired up and Libba did the finger around ear crazy gesture and got a similar wide-eyed reaction from Shaw. He is certainly mouthy for a bloke whose done nothing since going up to GWS...

I am not wanting to start an argument with you (if that is indeed possible) but that is not my memory of Leon Cameron. I loved him as a player and his performances for us and I was sorry to see him go.

We all watch players differently and that’s your opinion so it’s not wrong to you

As mine is not to me. I saw him as soft and wasn’t unhappy to see him go.

Being “soft” doesnt mean you can’t be a good footy player. Craig Bradley played 2737733 games without ever getting a hard ball and I don’t think anyone would say he wasn’t a very good player.

Huh?
Last year Lachie Young put together arguably the worst first string of individual games in AFL/VFL history. The reason I think it is a very strong contender for such a record being that prior to Bev I don't think any other coach in AFL/VFL history would have allowed a player to put together a string of games as bad as Lachie's first 5 let alone reach number 6. He should count himself lucky he is still on an AFL list.

Now I'm not saying that he should never come back into selection calculations again, but before he does I think he needs to put together a solid resume of outstanding VFL performances before being considered to replace anyone in the side, let alone a proven senior performer like Suckling.
Yeah I'm surprised people are wanting to bring him in, didn't do that well last year as I recall unless he is going better this year.
More of a fan of Le Young, think he could do well for us.

Yeah I'm surprised people are wanting to bring him in, didn't do that well last year as I recall unless he is going better this year.
More of a fan of Le Young, think he could do well for us.
I suspect a lot is based on his end of 2019 VFL form which was very strong from what I saw.

Far far better performance last night than the previous two hit outs. Our execution was bang on and it was nice to see the players in a better frame of mind. Kudos to the players and coaches as a whole.

Some very good individual performances amongst a very good 22 (bar maybe a couple).

Naughts didn’t have big numbers but had a real presence around the ground. The Whitfield hit being the highlight. Flew for plenty and made it a difficult night for their defenders.

Caleb Daniel was his regular elite self down in defence. Such great composure and his elite decision making ties so many of his team mates in to the game during transition.
He conceded 3 goals when being caught one out deep in the oppos goal square against a tall fwd, but other than those indiscretions, he was near best on. Again.

English, WOW. Took another big step in the right direction. Was a lot better in the ruck contests and dominated a more seasoned player in Jacobs around the ground. Love seeing the confidence he has when he rolls back and chops out his teammates in defence. Took a number of strong pack marks and could’ve had more if he’d held ones he should have.
His week to week match output is still a bit of a roller coaster and we will no doubt see some stinkers but last nights game was a huge positive.

Libba outstanding. Not big numbers but had a real presence around the contests. Must admit, his teammates do walk taller with him in the side.

Smith good again. He looked a good player last year but he’s starting to play and carry himself like a 5-6 year veteran. Another who bring confidents to his teammates.

Loved seeing the team as a whole flying the flag when needed. We’ll never be a team that goes in to a game with an aggressive attitude as we tend to focus more on the game and contest, but it’s nice to see us fire up when needed.
It doesn’t have to be the whole team but if you’ve got a few that just won’t take any s**t and jump in to back a teammate out when needed, it can build confidence amongst the rest of the team and from what played out last night, i think Libba, Bruce, Naugts, Smith, Keath are those core players.

Outstanding win which was desperately needed. Just need to see consistency in our game and make sure our heads are in it every week. If it is the case next week, we shouldn’t have any issues beating the Swans.

Last edited:
Multiple Goal Kicker would be good, but a win is a win.

It would be good. But, having a good spread isn’t too much of a bad thing as it means we’ve got multiple avenues to goal and creates the need for more accountability from oppositions teams. Which is a big positive for us.
If we can maintain a decent spread but also have Naughts and Bruce and to a lesser degree your Wallis and Dale types getting their numbers right up, we’ll be in a pretty good position.

Must admit though, I love it when our main key forwards are firing and kicking mini bags.

Can't wait to see Leon's reaction :tearsofjoy:

If you need to self isolate for two weeks in these COVID19 times, Lachie Hunter needs to self isolate for a year after being infected with Norfitis*

*symptoms to check for include

- Constant moaning, complaining or whining

- A large chip developing on one or both shoulders

- A victim complex

- A persecution complex

- A siege mentality

Remove this Banner Ad

Back