Review Dogs 57 def Giants 33. There’s bite in the old dog.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else see this cheap sucker elbow from Jacobs on Bont?

yet apparently Bont gets fined for engaging in a melee and Jacobs got nothing. Great job MRP

What a guy

I am not wanting to start an argument with you (if that is indeed possible) but that is not my memory of Leon Cameron. I loved him as a player and his performances for us and I was sorry to see him go.
Cameron was a fantastic player for the Dogs, won a Charlie Sutton, also was a very good player at Richmond. Laughable he could ever be questioned on here as a player. I would love to see him back at the club one day. I reckon he is a very good coach, not his fault his players cant finish the job off. All a coach can do is have his team contending and with a bit of luck and right timing, anything can happen.

Anyone else see this cheap sucker elbow from Jacobs on Bont?

yet apparently Bont gets fined for engaging in a melee and Jacobs got nothing. Great job MRP

Surely the capacity exists for AFL to cite Jacobs for the cowards punch/elbow if a member of the public (or Tom Brown after trawling BF) brings it to their attention

Watched the game back.

Keath impressed me so much. His D work was fantastic, and his left leg adds a lot on the offensive side.

McLean and libba. FFS beveridge. Pick the boys.

The bont is so out of touch. Playing v poorly.

Good intensity but where’s our ball movement gone from last year? Playing very very clunky football.

Surely the capacity exists for AFL to cite Jacobs for the cowards punch/elbow if a member of the public (or Tom Brown after trawling BF) brings it to their attention
Can someone forward it to him and others on twitter?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if they're "privately seething" over Naughts running through Whitfield?

Actually, why wouldn't they be?

GWS remind me of the schoolyard bully who loves dishing it out, but then runs squealing to the teacher when it
comes back :D

Last edited:
Watched the game back.

Keath impressed me so much. His D work was fantastic, and his left leg adds a lot on the offensive side.

McLean and libba. FFS beveridge. Pick the boys.

The bont is so out of touch. Playing v poorly.

Good intensity but where’s our ball movement gone from last year? Playing very very clunky football.

I don't think that it's fair to compare the fluid ball movement that we finally achieved toward the end of last years uninterrupted season, with that of an unsettled team that is two games into a heavily compromised season.

If Beveridge and the players can maintain the intensity at the level that they displayed on the weekend the fluidity of ball movement will come.

I don't think that it's fair to compare the fluid ball movement that we finally achieved toward the end of last years uninterrupted season, with that of an unsettled team that is two games into a heavily compromised season.

If Beveridge and the players can maintain the intensity at the level that they displayed on the weekend the fluidity of ball movement will come.

Agree re compromised season. Shortened qtrs have teams playing high intensity, contested footy. Not many getting a good run at fluid ball movement.

I like that Vandermeer always bursts away with speed with the ball in hand before deciding what to do next with it. Definitely not a panic merchant.
His sidestep late was a thing of bueaty hopefully he goes on with it. Could become a damaging winger with some more development

Cameron was a fantastic player for the Dogs, won a Charlie Sutton, also was a very good player at Richmond. Laughable he could ever be questioned on here as a player. I would love to see him back at the club one day. I reckon he is a very good coach, not his fault his players cant finish the job off. All a coach can do is have his team contending and with a bit of luck and right timing, anything can happen.

Agree re playing career. Strongly disagree re the bolded bit. Their targeting of our players has now happened repeatedly, and that is on the coach. Also, remember Cameron voluntarily appearing in the 'Lost Dogs' poster. Have it on very good authority that Ward and Griffen were told it was just a photo to foster some friendly rivalry, and were not aware of the context beforehand. But the coach was fully aware of the accompanying text, and in fact approved his appearance in it. That's literally rubbing your former team's face in it. A very good coach doesn't repeatedly instruct his players to use gutless cheap-shots and target the opposition's best player. A very good coach realises after the first failed attempt (2016 prelim) that the opposition's best player already handed North's cheap shots to them on a plate, and can play through it. I'd hate to see Cameron welcomed back to the club in my lifetime, in any capacity.

To make the Giants coin toss play even more embarrassing - Bont didn't even realise why Haynes was there until after the game. He thought it must've been a milestone game or something.
Haynes did not look happy, he’s not that sort of player. Wonder whose idea it was, Shaw?

Weird coaches votes this week. 8 players scored votes.

Coach 1: 5 Smith, 4 Macrae/Keath, 3 Libba/Perryman, 2 Daniel, 1 Bont
Coach 2: 5 Daniel, 4 Macrae/Keath, 3 Libba/Perryman, 2 English, 1 Smith
based on Bev's presser I'm going to be pretty confident thinking it was:

LC: 5 Smith, 4 Macrae, 3 Perryman, 2 Daniel, 1 Bont
Bev: 5 Daniel, 4 Keath, 3 Libba, 2 English, 1 Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back