Autopsy Dogs 60 defeated by Swans 79 - Rd 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Kudos to the Swans. They were clearly the better team on the day.

More pressure. More spread. Used the ball better. Set up well. They hunted us.

If you told me that Franklin, Papley and Heeney would score 2 goals between them for the day, I’d pencil in the win. So the Swans really have played a team game.

Our kicking was atrocious. Contested marking poor. Slow transition. We were strangled again.

Felt sorry for JUH. He tried hard but looked nervous. He seemed to apply some good pressure and got to some nice spots, but showed no capacity to take a mark. In fairness it wasn’t an easy day in our forward line.

We need a decent ruckman going forward. English must play as second in line only and play predominantly in the forward line. We looked a lot more dangerous with this set up.

Gold Coast will give us a good run next week. Hope we bounce back. Lots to improve.

Everyone had a great game today. Specially English with his dead on accuracy and juhs hand skills were superb. Sorry to the lads I offended in the game thread. On to next week!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weightman getting full of himself and thinking he can take mark of the year every contest because of 20 minutes against the wooden spooners. The amount of times he flew for the most unrealistic of marking attempts, the ball spills, we have no crumbers and they rebound was astounding.

Hopefully no injuries out of the game. Move on. We just didn’t click today. Let’s get back into some good form next week. Last few weeks we’ve looked off.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I know that there is a lot of hate for hannan on here, but I thought that he offered more than wallis did today. Wallis looked slow, constantly fumbled or dropped the ball and offered little to no pressure. Hannan at least offered an option, and hit a couple of nice passes.

Marra was a hell of a lot more dangerous than both.

Lots of players down on form and a few holes in the structure

Hi, I am new here but I would like to say we missed Naughton today, he's worth 3-4 goals and pressure. Marrah didnt do too bad considering hes a first year player, but Naughton is a best 22 player, good to see Marrah get a go and he now knows what is required in an AFL game. Marrah needs a few more pre seasons in him yet. Naughton and hopefully Dunkley back in next week.

Some selfish habits creeping into the team. Hannan and Wallis the big offenders. They both definitely can't play in the same team, and I think we're probably better without either.
Honestly i've been rather pleased with Scott lately. He's still doing what he needs to be doing.
JJ had a few good games early on after his role change but now offers nothing.

No way did we deserve to win that game today - And even when we had a chance miraculously in the last quarter down by 12, the yipps kicked in yet again fluffing simple shots when going for goal ( JJ, Bruce, English the main culprits etc)

Swans far better today. Many of our blokes had butter fingers dropping simple marks and fumbling etc

Today we never really looked like it. Got to get a few of our best 18 back and drop the time wasters..

Hannan is walking on eggs - Just offers absolutely nothing..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back