Review Dogs 71 def Cats 55 // Rd 16, 2019

Braybrook Son

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Schache made a few nice leads into spaces, we just didn't kick it to him those times or hesitated to long kicking inside when marked just outside the 50 allowing Geelong to cover with extra defenders. Played well, just sometimes you have those games where you don't have the goals to show for it. Thinking we will see Naughton and Schache alternating week in and week out as the tall with the bag of goals. If we ever have a game where both kick a big bag each, then damn it will be a sight to watch. Will take more time for them to work around and compliment each other.
Exactly. Just like the Eagles, some weeks Kennedy kicks a bag, some weeks, Darling. They don’t always both kick a bag every week!

Mar 19, 2011
WARRNAMBOOL, VICTORIA
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Is Bailey Smith our best first year player since Chris Grant?

I watched Griffen, Cooney and Higgins in their debut years and saw flashes of brilliance. But Smith is a different kettle of fish, as he’s capable of the flashy but even more capable of doing the heavy inside lifting. He has such an appetite for getting in and under. Never gives up on a contest, really cool head with the ball, eye for a goal. He looks like a third year player. Brilliant .
Im calling it now I think he will be the equal or better than Johno 😁

Maybe your next lesson could be explaining the difference between compliment and complement. Will Naughton and Schache compliment each other or complement each other?

"Mr Naughton sir, please accomodate yourself in the space I have vacated to mark and goal, your kicking action is exquisite. I should only sit back and admire it."
"Oh dear Mr Schache, surely it must be your turn to accumulate six points for the team. Most humbly I beseech you, outstretch your magnificent upper limbs and grab the ball while I discombobulate this lumbering ox of a defender into row X."

Mar 19, 2011
WARRNAMBOOL, VICTORIA
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
"Mr Naughton sir, please accomodate yourself in the space I have vacated to mark and goal, your kicking action is exquisite. I should only sit back and admire it."
"Oh dear Mr Schache, surely it must be your turn to accumulate six points for the team. Most humbly I beseech you, outstretch your magnificent upper limbs and grab the ball while I discombobulate this lumbering ox of a defender into row X."
I am enjoying this It’s a pity my grade 1 teacher hadn’t walked my fingers for spelling errors but that’s ancient history

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
Lions and Giants away are our toughest remaining games. The rest of our games are very winnable. We haven't lost to Essendon once under Bevo and hopefully we don't start this year. I'd give us a good chance to beat Adelaide in Ballarat. The rest of our games we probably go in favourites. It's not unimaginable to think we could finish on 13 wins and sneak into finals. Still, given our fluctuating form this season, winning 6 out of 8 games is a long shot. Regardless, we've now taken some good scalps and I'm happy with how we are building for next year.

Next Waiting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 19, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
......, winning 6 out of 8 games is a long shot. Regardless, we've now taken some good scalps and I'm happy with how we are building for next year.
I thought there were 8 games left too. Turns out we've played 15 games at rnd 16 because of the split/bye round.
There are 7 regular season games left.

I haven't seen the dogs beat the cats live since Billy Brownless knocked us out of the finals after the siren in 1991...... Slept like a baby!! Thanks Lads

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ugly first half but great response. We went and they couldn’t stay with us. We have an elite mid that was actually a little quiet tonight. I thought Bailey Smith was great tonight, first half he had the right attitude. Dragged a few with him that was incredible.

You know what, I reckon that is the same for me...I think every time we've beaten them I've been away..another curse broken...thank * I turned my scarf around in the first quarter....

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Lions and Giants away are our toughest remaining games. The rest of our games are very winnable. We haven't lost to Essendon once under Bevo and hopefully we don't start this year. I'd give us a good chance to beat Adelaide in Ballarat. The rest of our games we probably go in favourites. It's not unimaginable to think we could finish on 13 wins and sneak into finals. Still, given our fluctuating form this season, winning 6 out of 8 games is a long shot. Regardless, we've now taken some good scalps and I'm happy with how we are building for next year.
It would be tough .. since we only have 7 games left

Is Bailey Smith our best first year player since Chris Grant?

I watched Griffen, Cooney and Higgins in their debut years and saw flashes of brilliance. But Smith is a different kettle of fish, as he’s capable of the flashy but even more capable of doing the heavy inside lifting. He has such an appetite for getting in and under. Never gives up on a contest, really cool head with the ball, eye for a goal. He looks like a third year player. Brilliant .
2nd best.
This bloke finished 4th in the B&F, and has backed it up so far:

TBH if we didn't win against Port I don't think we beat Geelong.

The Port game was an away win in the rain where we laid 109 tackles, season record. Port had beaten Geelong the week before.
It was the closest thing he have to the 2015 Swans SCG victory with the current group.

Please don't use the word "period" like that. It's such a cringy American thing.
And while we're in grammatical mood, don't say "a couple weeks", it's "a couple of weeks".

This is great, isn't it? We're clearing up so many things you've all been wondering about, it's called education. :)

You're welcome.

Jan 1, 2015
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
And while we're in grammatical mood, don't say "a couple weeks", it's "a couple of weeks".

This is great, isn't it? We're clearing up so many things you've all been wondering about, it's called education. :)

You're welcome.

Wow! As a teacher for 32 years, I have been ignoring grammatical errors on forums for years, thinking it was bad etiquette to correct errors. We appear to have opened a can of worms this week. I’m going to be a very busy boy from now on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There was one stage late in the game when we were streaming out of the back half, it could have been Toby with the ball, and there were no Geelong players in their half. A Geelong player stopped him with what's called a professional foul in soccer - he deliberately held up play to avoid an almost certain goal, or at least a long break into their half. It made me think there should be harsher punishment than just a free kick; a 50m penalty should result.

Last edited:
There was one stage late in the game when we were streaming out of the back half, it could have been Toby with the ball, and there were no Geelong in their half. A Geelong player stopped him with what's called a professional foul in soccer - he deliberately held up play to avoid an almost certain goal, or at least a long break into their half. It made me think there should be harsher punishment than just a free kick; a 50m penalty should result.
Totally coached into the Cats, also rife in Hawthorn. Delay returning the ball, lie on the ground a couple of seconds longer, argue with the umpire, crab a few feet on the mark, give away a free if there's nowhere to kick to allow defenders to rush back. Probably all teams do it to a certain extent, but Cats and Hawks are notorious.

Sep 27, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
New York Yankees
I want to see us win 3 in a row first before setting my sights on 4,5 or 6 :)

Apr 8, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We covered the loss of Daniel pretty well, our ball movement from thr backline was still solid. Also looked much more dangerous with JJ and Suckling taking kick outs
I wasn’t that fussed when we recruited him, another half back, but when he is a very good player

Still question though with Caleb to come back what is Bayley Williams long term role as he was very good against cats back in his best position at half back
I said this a few weeks ago, but I don't think we use Daniel well at half back. His creative 35m kicks would be much more damaging going into F50 rather than out of the back half.
We looked much more dynamic with JJ (and Duryea and Williams) bring it out at pace and distance

But then
I said this a few weeks ago, but I don't think we use Daniel well at half back. His creative 35m kicks would be much more damaging going into F50 rather than out of the back half.
We looked much more dynamic with JJ (and Duryea and Williams) bring it out at pace and distance

Though he rarely turns the ball over from deep. There were some ridiculous turnovers on Saturday, Trenners being the obvious example. Though I'd love to see him playing more forward myself. Bont tries too hard at times, Caleb could chop him out as creator. Sucklings creative output has faded as he's pushed forward.

ringa5

CRAZY HORSE
Jun 1, 2009
goldcoast
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Agree in the most part.I think in depends on
Opposition match ups and needs.
Well organised teams isolate him too often.
Then Bev should be more flexible .And move him up the ground.Taking kickouts
Well they should mix it up.Unpredictability
Is best.
Naughton the same ,he needs to be where
The play is.Bev can undermine an advantage by being stubborn to move the
Chess board when the need arise..

Back