Review Dogs 71 def Cats 55 // Rd 16, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

But then

Though he rarely turns the ball over from deep. There were some ridiculous turnovers on Saturday, Trenners being the obvious example. Though I'd love to see him playing more forward myself. Bont tries too hard at times, Caleb could chop him out as creator. Sucklings creative output has faded as he's pushed forward.
Its a good point, but i think given our forward issues moving Daniel forward could solve two problems.
1. More creative, precise entries into the forward 50
2. Quicker, more line breaking movement out of the backline

I said this a few weeks ago, but I don't think we use Daniel well at half back. His creative 35m kicks would be much more damaging going into F50 rather than out of the back half.
We looked much more dynamic with JJ (and Duryea and Williams) bring it out at pace and distance
I thought the complete opposite - for three quarters we really struggled with beating their forward press and the ball spent a lot of time in their forward half.

The changes at 3/4 time broke the game open for us.

You know what, I reckon that is the same for me...I think every time we've beaten them I've been away..another curse broken...thank fu** I turned my scarf around in the first quarter....

I remembered you saying that on the podcast. I turned mine around at half time. :)

Is Bailey Smith our best first year player since Chris Grant?

I watched Griffen, Cooney and Higgins in their debut years and saw flashes of brilliance. But Smith is a different kettle of fish, as he’s capable of the flashy but even more capable of doing the heavy inside lifting. He has such an appetite for getting in and under. Never gives up on a contest, really cool head with the ball, eye for a goal. He looks like a third year player. Brilliant .
How about The Bont? Not as good as Lewis Taylor of course but pretty good!

Coaches Votes

Bont 10
Jack Macrae naughts and lachie 6 each
Coupla cats 1 each
Bont is now outright 2nd overall, 8 points behind Kelly who was JMac'd sat nite. Yeah, he was JMac'd good
Bont should featurely pretty heavily in this year's Brownlow calculations. Best on (according to the coaches) against Geelong, Port, Collingwood, Gold Coast and Sydney, and will jag 1s and 2s in a number of other matches. Depending on how we finish off the year he should be a huge chance.

That was a super solid defensive performance
JJ and Wood back to something approaching their best. Crozier and Durea very committed.

It is plausible that Caleb’s presence down back creates as many problems as it solves.

Whilst effective in us retaining possession Caleb’s short pin point passes stifle quick movement.

On the other hand, those short pin point passes into our forward 50 could well help us destroy otherwise tough defensive structures.

I would like to see Caleb on the wing or high half forward - delivering 10 passes a game to a leading forward inside fifty. If we mark 5-6 of those a game - that could dramatically improve our scoring and make

Who would have thought that my lucky meal Dominos pizza would have won it for us!
And the luck continues... I received an email from Domino's to rate the pizza and service. I didn't open it until this evening but decided to reply. My review was not very good. I think I grabbed their attention when I wrote that it was the first and last Domino's pizza I'll ever have. About ten minutes later I got a call from the manager. He thought I had ordered it tonight. After he aplogized he offered me a free pizza, whatever I want, for pick up. Hmmm... dare I? I hate making important decisions. :think:

Wow! As a teacher for 32 years, I have been ignoring grammatical errors on forums for years, thinking it was bad etiquette to correct errors. We appear to have opened a can of worms this week. I’m going to be a very busy boy from now on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Please don't.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a super solid defensive performance
JJ and Wood back to something approaching their best. Crozier and Durea very committed.

It is plausible that Caleb’s presence down back creates as many problems as it solves.

Whilst effective in us retaining possession Caleb’s short pin point passes stifle quick movement.

On the other hand, those short pin point passes into our forward 50 could well help us destroy otherwise tough defensive structures.

I would like to see Caleb on the wing or high half forward - delivering 10 passes a game to a leading forward inside fifty. If we mark 5-6 of those a game - that could dramatically improve our scoring and make

On the topic- how good were Suckling's kick ins? 60 m passes onto the chest of a leading player. Give him the job.

Coaches Votes

Bont 10
Jack Macrae naughts and lachie 6 each
Coupla cats 1 each
Bont is now outright 2nd overall, 8 points behind Kelly who was JMac'd sat nite. Yeah, he was JMac'd good
With both coaches rating Bont BOG, some of the comments by our supporters in the match day thread look even more ludicrous....

A fine vehicle, very underrated. In my time I have also owned and driven the magnificent Chrysler Charger and the world renowned Austin 1800 (with the brilliant "east-west" engine that mechanics raved over).
My first car was an Austin A55 and loved Valiants. I had a CL panelvan and a CM sedan

And the luck continues... I received an email from Domino's to rate the pizza and service. I didn't open it until this evening but decided to reply. My review was not very good. I think I grabbed their attention when I wrote that it was the first and last Domino's pizza I'll ever have. About ten minutes later I got a call from the manager. He thought I had ordered it tonight. After he aplogized he offered me a free pizza, whatever I want, for pick up. Hmmm... dare I? I hate making important decisions. :think:
Guarantee there is spit on that pizza. Rule of life - never accept free food after a complaint haha

Fair dinkum Bont must have done some very team orientated things/set up the stoppages well as I would have J-Mac and Naughts clearly ahead of him.

I'm pretty surprised Bont got BOG coaches votes. At the game Macrae was just monumental. Naughton, a match winner.

Bont did some good things but also had some uncharacteristic mistakes. Just some real grubby kicking, few handballs to people's feet, caught HTB several times. Was a very un-Bont like game to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back