Autopsy Dogs 82 beat Carlton 62. The Lewis Young Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Bob doesn't even look like he's enjoying it any more. Poor bugger.

I thought he looked scared of stretching out earlier in the game. But his chase on Murphy late in the game was very good. If he regains faith in his body he may be ok.

There was a game a few years ago in Cairns where I remember the commentators saying something like the young Dogs are making this their team as they took over from the old guard, those players on that day being mainly Stringer, Macrae, Bont, Hunter, Hrovat, Wallis & Libba.

Yesterday felt like that to me, McLean, Daniel, Dale, Cordy, Williams and of course Young Lewis Young (the Bont continues on majestically and still belongs in the young group). They made the difference yesterday and showed they're taking the next step in taking over this team.

Was that umpire the same one vs west coast a few weeks ago ?

The holding the ball rule against us is total bs. I'm not talking about yesterday but the whole 2 months now
Holding the ball was absolutely pathetic yesterday

Was about 3 times we were done for no prior and making an attempt to get rid of it but it was trapped in. Pickens HTB against where his opponent just fell on top of him was the worst, it's a ball up every day of the week, but nope free kick Carlton and shot on goal, lucky it was a point.

I find it hard that anyone could argue that there wasn't two interpretations for HTB between the two teams yesterday.

Was a poor performance.

Again, didn't affect the results. Never does really but that doesn't mean they should be free of criticism.

Completely agree decision to decision. Team to team I disagree.

Libba and JJ are the key for us. We look so much better on the inside and outside when these two fire.

I still feel Libba is our best player.
Libba and Dahl were better yesterday, but these stupid hospital handballs where they try and move it on at all costs could've brought us undone yesterday, lucky it wasn't. I liked Libba pushing forward a few times, he spotting up JJ with a centering kick was nice.

I think Stringer going down helped Wallis, Dahl and Picken a bit, they had to do more heavy lifting and did it well, this allowed McLean and Dale to run amok I felt.

I think we've really missed dunkley this year. He's so good in the air, even if just to compete when we go long down the line.

His hands are superb and he's a defensive beast in our zone.

Think he'll be a massive plus for us in 2018.

The forgotten man fronk.
Around the ground we are so small and uncompetitive in the air. He makes a huge difference in that aspect.

Bob got his average 20ish disposals but only the 6 kicks. Maybe he still feels a twinge in his hammy, not sure. He's certainly not that super general in defence with his drilling passes with both feet. Just hope he's 100% for September if we make it.

The forgotten man fronk.
Around the ground we are so small and uncompetitive in the air. He makes a huge difference in that aspect.

Yep, plus Jong out actually compounds that particular marking problem - annoyingly neither Dunks or Jong use it like Bont (who does though).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we've really missed dunkley this year. He's so good in the air, even if just to compete when we go long down the line.

His hands are superb and he's a defensive beast in our zone.

Think he'll be a massive plus for us in 2018.
Dunks reminds me of Picken a lot

I think it was the last quarter, near the goal square, Bob was on the ground and Bailey Williams bent over him and signalled to the bench. Maybe that Bob was ok. Then Bob got up and jogged away, the expression on his face was pure agony. Maybe he came off second best in a contest.

Morris had a great game yesterday. It doesn't change anything that I've observed from him this year though. Seriously doubt he will be back in 2018 - but hoping he goes out on a high note. Expect nothing but that from such a proud player.
"Cooked" and "finished" players rarely move and compete better as the year goes on and they get more consistency. Injured players however...

Last edited:
It was good to get back on the winners list and see the young brigade get us there. I thought Lewie's debut was first class. Wait till him and English bulk up in the next few years... on Roughies performance it may have been his best performance for the year but it was a long way short of his best... If the rucks were reversed and we had Cruzer we win by 40..

I understand the concept of conceding the ruck contests, particularly when Bev has been quoted as saying he doesn't value them that highly and when we play Bont or Jong there in the past but are you saying Rough deliberately or was instructed to play in a way that allowed Kreuzer to win more taps?
It's more that the role/instructions given to Roughy was to have a defensive mindset, and prevent Kreuzer influencing around the ground as well as helping Blues as a team win heaps of high-quality clearances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back