Review Dogs 87 def Hawks 64

Remove this Banner Ad

You mean Beveridge's list?
We lost Dal because of him. It's fair to say he deserves to live and die by that list and the decisions he makes with it.

And the notion of getting greedy is as BS as the old "accepting mediocrity".

Is it greedy to expect the same issues most noticed in 2018 (and some earlier) to have been addressed by now?

Is it greedy to expect any of weaknesses to be addressed in that time?

That's genuinely all most are wanting and we are still watching teams open us up in the middle, key forwards dining out on us, inability to score for large periods of time, teams taking record intercept marks against us and us getting opened up out the back of contests.

This is all on Beveridge as is not one top 4 finish in his time.

He's a very good coach and I'm grateful for him but he is in desperate need of new ideas around him.
I am concerned about the noise about Dal and Bev for sure. I certainly hope Bevo is not our head recruiter and our club addresses some of our later draft pick issues.

You say he deserves to live and die by it. To a large extent I agree. I think he’s run a flawed footy club despite his brilliance and should have next year to fix it.

I think firing him this year 12 months after getting us to a GF would be greedy. Pretty fair. That’s why I say one more year.

From your concerns..

In 2016 and 2021 key forwards didn’t really dine out on us. Not sure they necessarily have this year either compared to other teams.

Being opened up in the middle? Not sure what you mean there, can’t be about midfield performance though because we’ve been excellent off clearance for three straight years.

Intercept marks conceded? Wouldn’t mind seeing the stat. Definitely think we need to improve our uncontested entries at times. Very high scoring team but could be better.

Opened up out the back? GF aside I don’t see this as an issue in the midfield. I’ve flagged our ground ball defence as a concern that needs to be looked at. Was absolute superb last year though so likely had to do with Keath regressing and Duryea missing time, trying to replace Cordy and that not really working. Missing Wood. Losing Daniel for a bit which was weird because he’s a bad defender but sweeps it out quickly which we missed.

Just got to your last line and couldn’t agree more.

Im getting a lot of responses that seem to assume I think he’s perfect but we end up having the same view which is that he’s very good but isn’t running the ship as well as he could and needs to change it.

Im getting a lot of responses that seem to assume I think he’s perfect but we end up having the same view which is that he’s very good but isn’t running the ship as well as he could and needs to change it.
I'd say you just post in a lot more balanced manner. That might read to some that you're on the other end of the spectrum.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back