Opinion Dogs are humans too

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t want to step on the moderators tootsies , but may I plead to the better part of you and ask that we don’t abuse our own players this year?

The anger dished out to Gowers and Gardiner in particular was way over the top. I’m no angel, I was involved in the pile in on Billy. As I’m sure you remember he acknowledged us passionate supporters when he left the club but I bet he doesn’t miss us.

Why not take a deep breath and say 12 ‘Hail Libbas’ before you hit the post button? Take a Bex before the game?

Sure we’re not as bad as Facebook, Insta or those f**kwits who think players care about their multis. But we could do better. I want to see those 7 out of 10s turned into 9s or 10s.

Being passionate doesn’t mean you have to be cruel.

Last edited:

I don’t want to step on the moderators tootsies , but may I plead to the better part of you and ask that we don’t abuse our own players this year?

The anger dished out to Gowers and Gardiner in particular was way over the top. I’m no angel, I was involved in the pile in on Billy. As I’m sure you remember he acknowledged us passionate supporters when he left the club but I’m sure he doesn’t miss us.

Why not take a deep breath and say 12 ‘Hail Libbas’ before you hit the post button? Take a Bex before the game?

Sure we’re not as bad as Facebook, Insta or those f**kwits who think players care about their multis. But we could do better. I want to see those 7 out of 10s turned into 9s or 10s.

Being passionate doesn’t mean you have to be cruel.
More cancel culture!!!

Maybe we can use a code instead - the more praise we give someone, the worse we think they are.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

John Kennedy Snr had a useful quote in an after-match presser back in the day to make his point about umpiring (**** knows what he'd make of umpiring today, but I digress):

"Normally I have no comment about the umpires. Today I have absolutely no comment about the umpires."

So, rather than posting "Player X is a useless ****, and one of the worst players who's ever pulled on the jumper, blah, blah, blah", the point can be made equally well by posting "Player X - I have no words." But I ain't holding my breath about it on here. Nice sentiment though.

Good luck with that Bresker. Some on here pour s**t on the club and players like it is their mission in life.

Fair write up to stress the following;

Play the ball, not the man.
Or more to the point, criticise the form but not the man.

I've posted this in the past but I'll post it again as it's a new season:
I try to think before posting "would I say this to the player's face?" (or if you like - would I say it to his best mate/his missus/his mother). If not, then perhaps it's not a fair criticism.

If it's fair and especially if you can support it with evidence they might not agree with you but at least they probably won't snot you one for saying it.

Of course sometimes I forget to ask myself that question :embarrassedv1:, but in general I find it's a good measure of what's fair commentary.

Nobody that uses a footy forum has any right to question the heart. passion or ability of blokes playing senior football.

You can get frustrated at the action but seriously, leave the personal rubbish out of it because it's only a reflection on yourself.

Nobody that uses a footy forum has any right to question the heart. passion or ability of blokes playing senior football.

You can get frustrated at the action but seriously, leave the personal rubbish out of it because it's only a reflection on yourself.

Spot on. Anyone who uses a football forum is a pathetic wimp.

Spot on. Anyone who uses a football forum is a pathetic wimp.
Hahaha, I don't have an issue with people using a forum. But use it for what it's intended for, have an opinion on the game, have a constructive opinion on players - but leave the personal *ery out of it.

Dig deep at the top of the heap
Now you've bitten off the hand that feeds you
You got nothin' but your soul to sell
You got nothin'

When the River Runs Dry - Kings of Leon Pearl Jam

Really? Mis-crediting those lyrics when they were penned by a casual Bulldogs supporter who happened to front one of the great Melbourne bands!
Sacrilege! Lift your game Mr City!!! :) :bulldogs:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back