Autopsy Dogs beat Cats - Rd 15, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed and great post.

My point is, in so that I've already come to the conclusion and become a fortune teller, that I highly doubt we'll come back from here.

We just seemingly don't want to join in on Scott's thinking, or just can't develop players quick enough.

I read somewhere, that in the glory years of 07-11 young kids coming into the team knew what to do. They were surrounded by people to follow; true team leaders. However what we have now is one or two players leading, with absolutely no one else to fill the chasm were we are lacking in team leadership.

I remember that not many players had less than 10 possessions several weeks in a row back then. Yet now we've got 3-5 players getting multiple weeks of low possessions and zero effect/impact on the game.

The level of leadership below Joel and Danger appears to be exceptionally low standard.

yeah, i dont really disagree with any of that!

i doubt chris scott will be our next premiership coach, but to reuse one of my own lines on that point, most current coaches wont be their clubs next premiership coach.

my personal read is that scotts been left behind. i dont think we have recruited to play 2018 football, and i dont think we play 2018 football in any event.

can he pick it back up? yeah, i think he knows the game well enough to. will he? im not convinced. i think he is fairly rigid in his approach, and if i could sum up my main frustration with him as a coach in a sentence it would be something like 'often trying to be too clever by half'.

but yeah, its a strange one... a few twists of fate, and he could be a 3 time premiership coach. the dogs could very well have frozen against us in the '16 GF if we had faced anyone but sydney in the PF. but they could have hammered us, too! and its moot, because sydney did hammer us, so...

im havent been around following the cats as long as some on here, being a pesky millennial, but just imagine going back to 1998 and saying to a cats fan:

'2018. one of the teams to beat for almost 15 years. 3 flags in the bank. one of the most dominant sides in VFL/AFL history in the recent past. 4 other PFs, although we flamed out early and spectacularly in 2... finals far more often than not... and still on track for top 4 if we get a little lucky!'

'no way! wow!' they would surely reply.

'yeah, and the coach simply has to go!'

stunned silence.

amazing how expectations can alter perceptions.

Agreed and great post.

My point is, in so that I've already come to the conclusion and become a fortune teller, that I highly doubt we'll come back from here.

We just seemingly don't want to join in on Scott's thinking, or just can't develop players quick enough.

I read somewhere, that in the glory years of 07-11 young kids coming into the team knew what to do. They were surrounded by people to follow; true team leaders. However what we have now is one or two players leading, with absolutely no one else to fill the chasm were we are lacking in team leadership.

I remember that not many players had less than 10 possessions several weeks in a row back then. Yet now we've got 3-5 players getting multiple weeks of low possessions and zero effect/impact on the game.

The level of leadership below Joel and Danger appears to be exceptionally low standard.
we need to remember the current talent pool is poor
we recruited a freo man, and are playing freo football

yeah, i dont really disagree with any of that!

i doubt chris scott will be our next premiership coach, but to reuse one of my own lines on that point, most current coaches wont be their clubs next premiership coach.

my personal read is that scotts been left behind. i dont think we have recruited to play 2018 football, and i dont think we play 2018 football in any event.

can he pick it back up? yeah, i think he knows the game well enough to. will he? im not convinced. i think he is fairly rigid in his approach, and if i could sum up my main frustration with him as a coach in a sentence it would be something like 'often trying to be too clever by half'.

but yeah, its a strange one... a few twists of fate, and he could be a 3 time premiership coach. the dogs could very well have frozen against us in the '16 GF if we had faced anyone but sydney in the PF. but they could have hammered us, too! and its moot, because sydney did hammer us, so...

im havent been around following the cats as long as some on here, being a pesky millennial, but just imagine going back to 1998 and saying to a cats fan:

'2018. one of the teams to beat for almost 15 years. 3 flags in the bank. one of the most dominant sides in VFL/AFL history in the recent past. 4 other PFs, although we flamed out early and spectacularly in 2... finals far more often than not... and still on track for top 4 if we get a little lucky!'

'no way! wow!' they would surely reply.

'yeah, and the coach simply has to go!'

stunned silence.

amazing how expectations can alter perceptions.

Yup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That’s an absolutely ridiculous comment! Freo man freo style.

Hopefully you’re taking the pi$$.

I think you'll find this problem is league wide. Due to the two expansion teams getting such a good run (where in hindsight it doesn't appear very good).
Alas, in any competition, expansion often leaves a dearth of players to attract. The NBA when it expands is a good highlight of this point. With less good quality players to
go around, with more teams, means less quality players are on your team.

The expansion of the NBA has shown that not only European players are found and utilised, but they too are looking at other countries to fill teams.

What frustrates me the most though, is as they are aware in bringing in Ablett, the time is now to strike to gain another premiership due to the expansion clubs players
not having enough experience yet to compete for the flag (or injuries have totally impacted their ability to win a flag).

So we have the cattle to win I think, but it's the way we are coached or something far worse, that the selection of young kids that either don't have it now or won't ever have
it.

Oh, I agree with you that Kelly is homesick, but not to the extent that he wants to leave Geelong, as Caitlin does, + return to WA.

You know the saying, 'happy wife, happy life'. Although, while family is important, marriage is about compromise + an AFL career is very short.

Perhaps I'm old fashioned, but to me loyalty is a very important characteristic + after being rejected by WCE + Fremantle in prior years, now that Geelong has given Kelly the opportunity to play AFL, I believe Kelly should stay. Get Caitlin all the help she needs, fly the family over for games + visits. Fly Caitlin + the three boys to Perth to visit for a few weeks. There are plenty of solutions.

Play it Sam - are you up for some babysitting for Tim Kelly's boys? ;)

'll make them some of my famous pork & veal sausage rolls. Then he'll kick a few more.

lloyd and scott are both ex freo

I know that but Scott wasn’t there for long and freo has been well and truly ‘rossified’ since.

I think of the Scotts as Matthews devotees.

The crap that’s happened to them would test many.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back