Autopsy Dogs beat Cats - Rd 15, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Went down to the game (and Melbourne is colder than Canberra IMO ;)). The thing I noticed, which has been pointed out in the more recent posts of this thread, is the number of smothers executed by the Dogs, which blunted our attack and often left us open in defence. Effort from them, but also lazy skills from our blokes.
Speaking of lazy skills, I was disappointed with some of the 'rookie-like' clangers from GAJ, yes he had a reasonably good game and his goal in the last put us within striking distance, but a player of his standing shouldn't be making errors like that.
We have a pretty stiff run home, and making the 8 is far from certain (luckily Hawthorn lost this week, but the rest of their draw is pretty soft and I will spew bricks if they make the finals and we don't)

30 touches, 8 marks and the goal to being us withing 3pts.

What the **** is wrong with supporters of this club?

*LIKE* *LIKE* *LIKE* *LIKE* *LIKE* *LIKE* *LIKE* *LIKE* *LIKE* *LIKE* *LIKE* *LIKE* *LIKE* *LIKE* *LIKE* *LIKE*
*LIKE* *LIKE* *LIKE* *LIKE* *LIKE* *LIKE* *LIKE* *LIKE* *LIKE* *LIKE* *LIKE* *LIKE* *LIKE* *LIKE* *LIKE* *LIKE*

Thanks Kitty, nice interview.

Your'e welcome, patience. Narkle's a lovely young guy + I thought he spoke well. Lovely to see how enthusiastic his family are + excited for him.

I have been very vocal about how poor our performance was but the injury card can't fully be played by Footscray when the players replacing the injured ones were having an absolute blinder. We beat Richmond last year without 5 of our best 22. We were missing Hawkins for example, whom everyone would consider a massive loss, but not really when you have Taylor kicking 4 goals on Rance. Same thing with the Bombers game this year. Yes, they were missing Daniher but Mckernan played the game of his life.

Last edited:
Disappointing to lose, but it was a gem of a match. Good to see Stanley continue with his improvement and encouraging signs from narkle. Probably not our year, and may not be for a few to come.

How silly does breretons ducks ars
e hairdo look?

giphy.gif

Dermie be like. . .
y7awtw.gif

Objectively it was a great game as a spectacle. We had our chances in the last and almost pinched it, just wasn't meant to be. The Dogs brought the heat all night and played out of their skins, especially with their injuries. It's shithouse what the loss does to our top 4 hopes but we can't depend on kicking 2 goals in the last minute of the game to get the points. We blew a lot of chances before that in that last qtr so in no way can you put the loss on Harry. Tim Kelly take a bow, Christ did he will himself at the end. Danger, Sel and Ablett were great contributors all night, Duncan as well. Guthrie was solid enough in his return and Narkle showed a lot in his debut, really optimistic about this bloke. Blicavs and Henry were great down back and Tuohy and Stewart played their roles well enough. Hawkins looked bloody dangerous when he had a decent chance at the pill. So really there's still a lot to be positive about. I've been big on Kolo this year but tonight he was abominable, Parsons a liability as well. I dunno what's going on with this team. How can we lose so consistently after the bye, especially tonight with so much on the line in terms of ladder position? It seems to be mostly between the ears with this lot, same old story as every other year - we've got a great crop of talent but the attitude is in serious need of adjustment.

Standing Ovation Applause.gif

Now you sir, should post a lot more!

One of Murdochs biggest problems is he can only kick goals either right in front or from the left pocket. Put him in the right pocket and he'll shank it every time because he can only kick with his left leg. When he was going for goal tonight in the last quarter from the right pocket even my missus shouted, "It'll be a point."
The miss when he had Parfitt in front of goal was really disappointing. Very selfish of Murdoch, who should know it on his wrong side. The great thing about Tomahawk is that he's so unselfish, Murda could learn from Hawkins, put the team first.

John Ralph in the post game. Was direct quoting his manager who conceded that Kelly and his family are missing home and that both WA clubs are throwing the kitchen sink at him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought Ralph said, Kelly's wife is homesick. Happy to be corrected.

The other thing about Kelly being courted + wooed by both WA Clubs, why would he want to leave Geelong, who gave him a chance to play AFL? He was overlooked in a lot of drafts, so, I'd have thought there'd be some loyalty to Geelong.

I thought Ralph said, Kelly's wife is homesick. Happy to be corrected.

The other thing about Kelly being courted + wooed by both WA Clubs, why would he want to leave Geelong, who gave him a chance to play AFL? He was overlooked in a lot of drafts, so, I'd have thought there'd be some loyalty to Geelong.

You answered your own question in the first paragraph. Family comes first and so it should.

You're right, that's what will happen, but I'm sick of it from the Cats.

This is a bloke who was overlooked by these two teams what, 10 times between them. Then Geelong give him his chance and he turns out to be an absolute A grader just when we are about to need to replace Selwood. If he wants to go then it's time for Geelong to finally play hard ball. He's not a free agent, he won't want to sit out a year, the club should simply name its price (very good player plus early first round pick) and if the Eagles or Dockers really want him they can put something real on the table.

THIS, THIS, THIS ^^^

You answered your own question in the first paragraph. Family comes first and so it should.

John Ralph in the post game. Was direct quoting his manager who conceded that Kelly and his family are missing home and that both WA clubs are throwing the kitchen sink at him.

I wasn't asking a question :p

It's Kelly's partner, Caitlin, who is missing WA. From the articles I've read, Tim loves it at Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cam got out of tackles a few times, but why was he in them in the first place? He needs to get out of his running into play mentality and work out how to move away from traffic and refind his ball skills to better his output. This is why his play has gone backwards over the last two years. Against the more mature teams they will stick those tackles and he will lose us games trying to be a hero.
Murdoch also tries to be the hero.
Remember, our successes came from best option footy. Team first footy. Those two are full of themselves and need to rectify that. Narcissism has no place at geelong. Understand your flaws and fix them.
Kolo also runs into the play and gets caught. Bloody rabbits in the spotlight players. Needs to be trained out of them immediately.
Parsons now has to be put in the zuthrie pasture.
Cannot have players scared when the pressure is on.
Hell probably get two more years now.
Dont understand it
If I was coach Id put guthrie, Zuthrie, Parsons Murdoch, gregson and kolo in the twos and tell them none of them will play for the ones again until they have 3 consecutive games without even one error where they act selfishly or do anything outside their skill set.
Team footy or piss off.
Narkle was terrific on debut.
Kelly was wonderful again
Menegola good
Sel dangwrcand ablett all did what they are there for
Duncan solid
Hawk great
Henry blitz bews stewart tuohy all solid and playing important roles
Get hendo down back for kolo
Scoot in for guthrie
Cocky and menzel in for murdoch and parsons
McCarthy also in the wings
Ratagolea and smith in waiting. Buzza too
We should still field a strong team soon

I agree mostly but Cam Guthrie is no narcissist.....that is a laugh. Very down to earth kid. The breaking tackles thing is irritating no doubt but he’s not alone. Can he clean that up is the question?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You said “why would he want to leave Geelong, who gave him a chance to play AFL”?

I have no doubt that Tim loves Geelong (the club).

:thumbsu:
I was correcting your quote that Kelly + his family are homesick. Whereas, it is his wife, who is homesick + it's understandable with three boys who are under three (or is it two).
:):):)

:thumbsu:
I was correcting your quote that Kelly + his family are homesick. Whereas, it is his wife, who is homesick + it's understandable with three boys who are under three (or is it two).
:):):)

Fair enough.

I’m not convinced that Kelly isn’t homesick too though. Loving Geelong (the club), and loving Geelong (the city), are two totally different things.

Fair enough.

I’m not convinced that Kelly isn’t homesick too though. Loving Geelong (the club), and loving Geelong (the city), are two totally different things.

Oh, I agree with you that Kelly is homesick, but not to the extent that he wants to leave Geelong, as Caitlin does, + return to WA.

You know the saying, 'happy wife, happy life'. Although, while family is important, marriage is about compromise + an AFL career is very short.

Perhaps I'm old fashioned, but to me loyalty is a very important characteristic + after being rejected by WCE + Fremantle in prior years, now that Geelong has given Kelly the opportunity to play AFL, I believe Kelly should stay. Get Caitlin all the help she needs, fly the family over for games + visits. Fly Caitlin + the three boys to Perth to visit for a few weeks. There are plenty of solutions.

Play it Sam - are you up for some babysitting for Tim Kelly's boys? ;)

Oh, I agree with you that Kelly is homesick, but not to the extent that he wants to leave Geelong, as Caitlin does, + return to WA.

You know the saying, 'happy wife, happy life'. Although, while family is important, marriage is about compromise + an AFL career is very short.

Perhaps I'm old fashioned, but to me loyalty is a very important characteristic + after being rejected by WCE + Fremantle in prior years, now that Geelong has given Kelly the opportunity to play AFL, I believe Kelly should stay. Get Caitlin all the help she needs, fly the family over for games + visits. Fly Caitlin + the three boys to Perth to visit for a few weeks. There are plenty of solutions.

well, he was rejected by geelong in those years as well... and 15 other clubs. hasnt he also said he wasnt ready for AFL then, in any event?

no one knows how tim and his family are feeling except tim and his family, and whoever they have confided in about it. its a career and life decision. geelong drafted him, but that doesnt mean he needs to sacrifice his wishes, or those of his family. drafting a player gets you 2 years out of them. if the club can convince him to stay, great. if he decides this year or next offers from elsewhere suit him better, fine.

as it stands, tim 'owes' geelong 2 years of service, which the club will get, unless by mutual agreement they part during the trade period this year.

Danger is a s**t kick. Harry's shot was embarrassing skills wise for an AFL footballer.

Why were the Bulldogs allowed to string all the way across the Oval? Geez, even the Poos+Wees don't do that lol + I like Footascray, despise Poos+Wees. They just looked like stupid d!cks!

We cannot blame Harry, so many other goals were missed! But mostly Bulldogs won the game by winning the Contested Possessions.

Danger needs to spend time practising his goal kicking, as do a few others. Remember when Luke Breust had the yips + Hawthorn had Sam Newman coach him. Do we have a goal kicking coach? It's my utter bête noire, Geelong's inaccuracy in front of goals.

well, he was rejected by geelong in those years as well... and 15 other clubs. hasnt he also said he wasnt ready for AFL then, in any event?

no one knows how tim and his family are feeling except tim and his family, and whoever they have confided in about it. its a career and life decision. geelong drafted him, but that doesnt mean he needs to sacrifice his wishes, or those of his family. drafting a player gets you 2 years out of them. if the club can convince him to stay, great. if he decides this year or next offers from elsewhere suit him better, fine.

as it stands, tim 'owes' geelong 2 years of service, which the club will get, unless by mutual agreement they part during the trade period this year.

Not according to the articles I've read, Kelly wasn't on Geelong's radar. BUT, one of the WA teams looked at him + rejected him. Kelly had other teams contact him + was rejected. Geelong didn't ever contact him. That is the point I was making, obviously badly lol

No, I don't necessarily agree with your italic. . .
Dame Edna - Call Me Old Fashioned-Smaller.png
my ethos is that before you make a commitment, you think about it long + hard, but once you agree, then you must to honour it. When Kelly was recruited by Geelong, his partner remained in WA until their twins were born. Now everyone knows just how difficult three boys under three are + how hard it is to move to another state. It's not rocket science! Kelly has wanted to play AFL, but was rejected for a number of years. As I said previously, marriage is about compromise + Caitlin should be offered every bit of assistance. AFL careers are very short + I think there has to be compromise, otherwise, in the long term, it becomes an issue. It's all very well saying he should be allowed to play for WCE or Freo, but every team is different + there's always a risk in leaving a team where you're happy, respected + playing well.

Anyway, we can agree to disagree, I do respect the points you've made barmy.

It’ll be dissapointing if his wife dictates his career , I’m in a different mindset she agreed to be supportive of his career and should try and make it work. From all reports the club is bending over backwards to give the appropriate support around her.

I’m glad I’m not married and having to bend to the will of a partner emotional state to dictate my daily choices.

so either he stays married or gets divorced

simples

You're a genius!

Caitlin is referred to as his 'partner' so not married, so that makes it a lot easier, doesn't it?

Yeah, send her + the brats back to WA - we'll find Kelly a lovely Geelong girl!

Simples!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back