Review Dogs beat Pies 99-51

Remove this Banner Ad

BL I respect your opinion but I firmly believe we could play both. Sweet does have some forward craft can take a mark, and isn't horrendous at goal kicking.
Park him in the forward pocket to be another long option deep, with the objective of marking or bringing it to ground not allowing intercept marking.
MC is probably more likely to side with your assessment, but I feel he could have a place and fulfill a role. Hopefully to help maximise our midfield strength
He may get a chance when English returns as English could be short of fitness but your option won’t work. Whilst he can occasionally take a pack mark he is not a great lead and the opposition will run off him easily

How do you reconcile these posts.
Go easy on McComb because it's only his 4th game as a 27 year old mature ager.

But go for your life on a 22-23 year old Sweet in his 6th(?) game and especially keep bringing up his poor performance against the best ruck in the competition last year in his 4th ever game...

Seriously some of you people will tie yourself into knots trying to justify the poor decisions our coaches make.
Sweet has been on our list for 4 years or so. we have seen enough in both VFL and AFL to know he will struggle. McCoomb is in his first year on the list.

Thats how

And the club who won the flag had 2 ruckmen? What’s your point?

Who says a 2nd ruckman has to be able to play other positions? Every other club seems to do fine, couldn’t care less if Sweet plays 40% game time and only rucks & sits on the Bench. Still more useful than the s**t campaigners we’re playing as an extra runner like possibly the worst player currently in the afl, McComb
My point is he club that won had 2 good ruckman that can play multiple positions

My point is that Sweet will be a liability for 80% of the game that English rucks. Sitting a bloke on the bench is nonsense it only puts more stress on the running players

And seriously you comparing Sweet and McCoomb 2 totally different positions

Point I’m trying to make is I think Sweet in the side is better for the team and to some extent the fact we have won 5 games of the 6 his played in adds weight to this understanding it’s doesn’t tell the full story.

I would play English and Sweet this would benefit both and makes it harder for the opposition rucks.

We have more to gain playing Sweet instead of a Mcomb McNeil etc
Will people stop comparing Sweet with McComb McNeil that’s just nonsens. Sweet is not a running player he is a slow ruckman. Btw McNeil was in most of those wins as well

Bevo spoke well of Sweet's efforts and impact.

Stop being abusive to people you disagree with.
Btw saying BS about a post is not abusing the poster it’s an opinion on the posters post and it’s as justified as the post a commentEd on

Will people stop comparing Sweet with McComb McNeil that’s just nonsens. Sweet is not a running player he is a slow ruckman. Btw McNeil was in most of those wins as well
Not comparing them like for like just saying one less runner we can do with and play two rucks.
Plenty of McComb types in the EDFL

Last edited:
Northernsoul74 & ScragCity in a heated battle to see who can downvote more posts, riveting scenes here
Jesus you’re pathetic. One “downvote” from me. Yeah real riveting. You are aware that the “downvote” is actually “disagree” which is a completely valid opinion to have on a forum literally based on opinions.
Can’t wait for your next childish melt over the next single inconsequential thing to go slightly wrong at the Bulldogs.
You’re a huge contributor to how very poor the quality of this board has become in recent months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus you’re pathetic. One “downvote” from me. Yeah real riveting. You are aware that the “downvote” is actually “disagree” which is a completely valid opinion to have on a forum literally based on opinions.
Can’t wait for your next childish melt over the next single inconsequential thing to go slightly wrong at the Bulldogs.
You’re a huge contributor to how very poor the quality of this board has become in recent months.
Your comments aside, I'm genuinely concerned about the decline in civility, not only on here but in general society. And the lack of a sense of humour, unless it's heavily ironic or political. Plus censorship rising in concert with the aforementioned, fuelled by Twitter etc.

9e741e_185c70c1e60242afb37bdb51539ac487~mv2.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back