Autopsy Dogs belt Aints 84 - 56

Remove this Banner Ad

O Captain! My Captain!

Bont was awesome. And those who think that JUH will improve more in the VFL...well...hope you watched tonight's game.

I like Garcia and West in the side. Genuine hard campaigners like Clay Smith. Gard’s was good tonight. Our defence looked to have improved with Buku down there, he looks very solid.

Buku in defence was great (disposal pending). Saints are a disgrace so hard to take much from that but still alive and bring on the fanless Dees.

its like we want to relive the trauma of the last quarter and a bit of the grandfinal over and over again.

i dont think ive watched a win that more emphatically sums up why we are mediocre at best, we could have easily given up 50 points in the last 35 minutes to a side that was dejected.

i'd love to understand what happens, its now a pattern

We played 'crudlington', they just played more 'crudlington' and for longer.

Tonights the classic list management reason as to why you don't spend huge assets on defence.

You can find interceptors from anywhere. If reason enough was Buku playing a good game intercepting you look at the saints and there best player is a rookie draft selection who was intercepting at will for the entire night.

2 rucks and another win when we don’t allow ourselves to get run over in the guts

Bill Murray Fainting GIF by filmeditor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our midfield always beats up lesser midfields, not much to take away from that. Glad Bruce got through unscathed. Last quarter was a concern as we need to be primed to have a proper 4Q crack each of the next few weeks.

What on earth is up with English? Not sure how he appeared on tv but at the game he was horrible. Still suffering from affects of concussion? Maybe he's got the flu?

Concussion, he’s been the same after every head knock he’s had and it takes a few weeks before he can play his natural game again

Not a great finish, but a number of positives from the game. Bont obviously, Libba good as usual, thought Garcia played well, West is absolutely best 22 now, as is Richards who looks great back there. Jamarra kept dropping marks but at least hit the scoreboard.

English not great (again), compounded by Sweet not doing much either. Keath looks way below his best, and obviously injured tonight. Smith rarely kicks to a bulldogs player, Williams still not back to full confidence, and although I thought Dale was ok the decision making in some of those incredibly risky kicks in defensive 50 is still off.

Melbourne licking their lips watching that tonight though. Saints didn’t turn up, kicked poorly and still were within 5 goals at the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back