Review Dogs Completely Out Coached By Beveridge: Lose Badly To Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

bit easy for their best player to come and say that. he knows his position is safe.
wood on the other hand knows his time is up and would have the balls to front the media and issue an apology
The coach apologised to the fans in the press conference.

Can we actually stop the pissing contest in every thread, come on to read other people’s views on the game and the issues causing us to perform like we are and have to go through 10 pages of pissing contests.

It’s constant in every thread people arguing on who was right and who was wrong about this and that, here’s a thought who gives a crap who was wrong or right. Then the crap about inside knowledge in the club and alluding to it but refusing to say it. If you have information about the club then say it or don’t bring it up at all and then the crap of people attacking other posters who bring inside knowledge up derails threads even more.

Here is an idea, stick to the topic of the thread, stop the pissing contest, stop alluding to rumours unless your going to share them and stop attacking each other or make a pissing contest thread for it all and this isn’t directed at one side it’s both sides of the arguments on here it’s no wonder so many people don’t contribute on here anymore.

We are all angry in the last three weeks we have lost to Gold Coast and got flogged by Carlton but there is no point taking it out on each other

The coach apologised to the fans in the press conference.

well they are a huge club/ huge fanbase who demand results. and big clubs usually do these kind of things, i know arsenal in the past have refunded away fans for pathetic away performances.

i dont think bevo is the kind of guy who wants to admit his faults.
did bevo apologize to the fans at the start of last year?

Last edited:
Just come back from the match, absolutely disgusting performance. By far the worst all-round performance i've been at the ground to witness. I wasn't expecting the Gold Coast match to be surpassed but it has been. I left about 15 minutes into Q4, first time i've ever left a match before the final siren (mainly due to having to catch an infrequent train).

Harry McKay completely carved us up, wasn't impressed with Cordy's defensive work on him. The turnovers were absolutely ridiculous, it was like precision kicking to Carlton players.

The goalkicking was absolutely disgusting, 7.15 is not good enough! Easy shots were being missed as well, Toby McLean missed two on a trot in the last quarter, the second one was most certainly not a difficult kick.

I believe that performance was worse than the McCartney era, we made Carlton look like the reigning premiers. It was a match I had an uncertain feeling about, but it turned out worse than I would have ever imagined.
I think we set Cordy up for failure on two fronts. Firstly he is not a KPD he is more a 2nd or 3rd Tallish Defender. Secondly our lack of foot speed put no pressure on the Carlton ball carrier, allowing them to deliver lace out

I kind of expected something like this:

I wasn’t surprised by not seeing something like it our leadership group is terrible.

Wood - forgetting his form, yesterday multiple times he let players drift out the back off him cause he was ball watching, he doesn’t direct traffic or control the backline like moyd and Morris would.

Hunter - shirks contest after contest, long one arm tackle attempts to avoid contact

Jj - quickest bloke on our list, how many run down tackles has he made? How many times is he the first man back in defence?

We lack leaders, strong teams have strong leadership, we have terrible weak leaders

I wasn’t surprised by not seeing something like it our leadership group is terrible.

Wood - forgetting his form, yesterday multiple times he let players drift out the back off him cause he was ball watching, he doesn’t direct traffic or control the backline like moyd and Morris would.

Hunter - shirks contest after contest, long one arm tackle attempts to avoid contact

Jj - quickest bloke on our list, how many run down tackles has he made? How many times is he the first man back in defence?

We lack leaders, strong teams have strong leadership, we have terrible weak leaders
Sure miss Picken and Moz

its simple guys. we need to absolutely dominate the midfield for us to even have a opportunity to win in a tight game. if the mids dont dominate we get smashed. we got no plan B

we have been playing macca levels for over 1 year now

Sure miss Picken and Moz

We certainly do but we seem to be rewarding players with leadership roles because they play well or they get a lot of the ball or their the best player in their postion.

The best players aren’t usually the best leader, yes sometimes you have the leader who leads the way through their play on field and that drives the team. But sometimes your best leaders are those that just play their role and are the loudest and read the game and can direct traffic.

Bont tries to take the team with him but outside of him I don’t see who our leaders are.

I kind of expected something like this:

The club talks the talk, but there's little respect for fans. They want us to buy memberships and show support, which we do, and then dish up incompetent selection policies, no semblance of a game plan, no team structure, no pressure or leadership and basic errors.

I'll pay my money and always will, but won't sit through garbage like yesterday again.

The club talks the talk, but there's little respect for fans. They want us to buy memberships and show support, which we do, and then dish up incompetent selection policies, no semblance of a game plan, no team structure, no pressure or leadership and basic errors.

I'll pay my money and always will, but won't sit through garbage like yesterday again.

but thats bevos gamestyle , a grind fest. outside of 2015 and the first month of 2016. every game has been similiar to this. the only games i can think of when we played free flowing was essendon and cats last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are three groups of people to blame for the position we are currently in:

Coach and assistants - team selection has constantly been stupid, they have failed to fix a forward line in 2 preseasons, constantly pick players who aren’t good enough to get in the team in their main position and then play them out of position. For those people that say yeah but he did that in 2016 and look what happened, did he really?
We had 2 talls up forward during finals (toyd and Cordy) 3 natural forward types (stringer, Dickson, Smith) 3 talls down back (Roberts, hamling, Morris) we actually had a well structured team and well balanced during that final series.

Leaders - we don’t have strong leaders, our captain is out of form, shouldn’t even be getting a game and is in no way leading by example or directing players on field to make up for his lack of form. Hunter and jj, both avoid contests, don’t tackle enough, jj only uses his speed going forward. If our leaders aren’t leading the way with voice and doing the hard things why should other players.

President - Gordon achieved his life desire to see the club when a premiership whilst he was at the helm now he appears to have lost the passion and investment he had in the club. There should of been a football review at the end of last year

The most frustrating thing is I think everyone can see the moves that need to be made. Just the club refuses to do them.

No one outside of Liber, Macrae, Bont, Dunkley and Smith should attend a centre bounce the rest of the season. It’s an absolute joke that we have these clearance beasts and we choose to go with Billy *n Gowers instead. A bloke whose only real strength is marking.

Feel sorry for Caleb. Everyone seems to think it’s his fault that he gets caught one out on key defenders. He’s a really good player, it’s no surprise that he’s the one who gets caught 1v1 when when the only one who tracks back besides Crozier.

Some home truths: Cordy is not up to it. Try him forward or trade him. Gowers and Dunkley aren’t forwards. Dickson is DONE. Easton Wood is done. Richards and English need a spell. Hunter is a very average footballer who doesn’t hurt teams. Why did we sign him for 5 years ffs. Why did we sign Trengove for 4 years when we’re not gonna play him? Serious questions need to be asked from Chris Grant to the match committee and Bevo why they didn’t pick a side to give us the best chance to win the game yesterday. The whole situation yesterday should be looked at for tanking.

Great Post !!! Hunter is so overated its not funny. As l have said before yes he does gut run but his disposals just dont hurt the opposition and as such he is not heavily tagged. His ball movement is so slow and predictable. He learnt to handall with Dalhaus the way they float the ball. Probably the owrst Sutton Medalist in the last 25 years. Not sure what McRae and a few others did so wrong last year not to get votes.

The most frustrating thing is I think everyone can see the moves that need to be made. Just the club refuses to do them.

No one outside of Liber, Macrae, Bont, Dunkley and Smith should attend a centre bounce the rest of the season. It’s an absolute joke that we have these clearance beasts and we choose to go with Billy ****n Gowers instead. A bloke whose only real strength is marking.

Feel sorry for Caleb. Everyone seems to think it’s his fault that he gets caught one out on key defenders. He’s a really good player, it’s no surprise that he’s the one who gets caught 1v1 when when the only one who tracks back besides Crozier.

Yep everyone blames Caleb but he’s always caught out cause he works back harder than anyone else.

Don’t completely agree with no one else should attend a centre bounce you need midfield depth but we can’t be picking guys and playing them out of position just so they can go in the midfield for 5 mins a quarter. Pick your best 6-7 mids and then if one or two of your forwards can give a short spell here and there so be it but we need to stop picking 10 mids then cutting everyone’s time and playing them out of position to fit them in

Great Post !!! Hunter is so overated its not funny. As l have said before yes he does gut run but his disposals just dont hurt the opposition and as such he is not heavily tagged. His ball movement is so slow and predictable. He learnt to handall with Dalhaus the way they float the ball. Probably the owrst Sutton Medalist in the last 25 years. Not sure what McRae and a few others did so wrong last year not to get votes.
Go easy there, Hunter had more 30 Possession games than the Richmond football club last season and they
were minor premiers. The midfield got schooled yesterday and like it or not that is where our game starts
and ends, a tradesman will tell you "You can only use the tools you have" and we shop at ALDI.

No one outside of Liber, Macrae, Bont, Dunkley and Smith should attend a centre bounce the rest of the season. It’s an absolute joke that we have these clearance beasts and we choose to go with Billy ****n Gowers instead. A bloke whose only real strength is marking.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Libba warming up with the forwards. Then we had Williams and Gowers in at centre bounces, Naughton, Dunkley and Bont in the ruck. Two talls in the entire side, both of them babies in AFL terms. Two newbies in for their first games. I'm all for flexibility and innovation, but surely trying every mad idea at once in the same game isn't the way to go about it.

So, can I perhaps state a positive that a couple of posters have mentioned in passing? Results like yesterday make us turn to draft threads - as it becomes increasingly apparent that we will have a high pick this year. If our first selection in the 2018 draft is anything to go by, we should not be worried about the post-Dalrymple era. Bailey Smith - take a bow. This kid has played five - FIVE - games, and already looks to me like a leader. Players like Walsh have received more hype - and he also looks like a star in the making. But Bailey could well turn out to be the best of the lot. I just get the feeling that he is someone you'd want to be in the trenches with. I can't say that about a couple of our more experienced mids. In a dark, dismal hour for the club that we love so dearly, I feel heartened by the feeling that we absolutely nailed our top selection with Bailey.

Bev is slowly losing the players.
When he announced the two debutantes last week naturally the team were happy for them.
However, at the same time they realized they were facing a loss due to the playing standard of the two players and how other better credentialed players were left to sink or swim in the seconds team.

Bev has a great even temperament that is suited to the heat of play on match day. However, he needs to learn how to use his emotions (not just stories) to raise the spirits, motivation and energy level of the players. If he doesnt change his ways...the premiership will be unfortunately seen as a fluke, a once in a lifetime sequence of events when everything just fell into place.

Last edited:
Go easy there, Hunter had more 30 Possession games than the Richmond football club last season and they
were minor premiers. The midfield got schooled yesterday and like it or not that is where our game starts
and ends, a tradesman will tell you "You can only use the tools you have" and we shop at ALDI.

Mate your a long time poster and l respect your opinion however the point l make is quality over quantity. 15 Bont possessions are always more damaging than 30 Hunter. He constantly goes sideways and looks for the easy out. He has trained as a outside mid however at the end of the day there are times where you just need to go. He doesnt do that . Anyhow agree to disagree. Cheers

Cripps 1 inside 50 and 80m gained playing 100% time in the middle. Had 11 clerances.
Bont playing half the game there had 7 clerances, 7 inside 50's and 500+m gained.
Cripps game is seriously overrated today and his just not damaging enough.

I was actually stunned that he managed only 83 meters gained with 37 touches. That goes beyond poor and enters into "wtf how has he managed to actually do that?" territory. Just cannot imagine Danger/Fyfe/Martin/Ablett ever doing that once in their career. He was actually scared to kick the footy.

So, can I perhaps state a positive that a couple of posters have mentioned in passing? Results like yesterday make us turn to draft threads - as it becomes increasingly apparent that we will have a high pick this year. If our first selection in the 2018 draft is anything to go by, we should not be worried about the post-Dalrymple era. Bailey Smith - take a bow. This kid has played five - FIVE - games, and already looks to me like a leader. Players like Walsh have received more hype - and he also looks like a star in the making. But Bailey could well turn out to be the best of the lot. I just get the feeling that he is someone you'd want to be in the trenches with. I can't say that about a couple of our more experienced mids. In a dark, dismal hour for the club that we love so dearly, I feel heartened by the feeling that we absolutely nailed our top selection with Bailey.

Hear hear! He had a couple of pretty impressive cool-headed bits of play, got into a bit of push and shove, really tried to take the game on a few times where nobody else seemed interested. A massive improvement over only five games and can't wait to see where he goes next.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back