Review Dogs def Freo 93-65 - Rd 13, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Some brilliant up and coming talls in the 2017 draft. I think they’ll be hailed more broadly in a couple of years.

Some would say it's taken him 16 games and counting.
Poor guy just isn't AFL standard.

Cordy of all people saved his arse numerous times and we have had calls to delist him.
I will always back Cordy in because he has a bit of mongrel in him and he knows his limits when it comes to disposing of the ball...
Gardner... mmmmm, I need to keep reminding myself that he improved at the end of last year

With the long blond hair, good hands overhead, chirpy nature and bit of campaigner in him, Cody reminds me of Nathan Brown

Better comparison than some criminal flog who has to face court for reigning sickening blows on an outnumbered individual doing his job, kicking a vulnerable opponent square in the head, forcefully pulling the hair and ramming the head into the ground of a defenceless opponent pinned to the ground, scratcher, spitter, pincher etc etc etc

[QUOTE="bobs head soup, post: 70509509, member: 166240"

Better comparison than some criminal flog who has to face court for reigning sickening blows on an outnumbered individual doing his job, kicking a vulnerable opponent square in the head, forcefully pulling the hair and ramming the head into the ground of a defenceless opponent pinned to the ground, scratcher, spitter, pincher etc etc etc
[/QUOTE]

"...gotta love the way he goes about it..."

With the long blond hair, good hands overhead, chirpy nature and bit of campaigner in him, Cody reminds me of Nathan Brown

This is a much better call.

Can't believe anyone would compare him to Greene, they are nothing alike. Disgusting call really.

I was making the comparison for onfield attributes. The type you love to have on your team but hate as an opposition fan. Anywho, is what it is.
Greene is filthy onfield, would never compare them. But I see what you mean about being hated by opposition. I think it could go the other way with Cody, he is a lovable larrikin type that could get cult status with opposition fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations on the win.

Dogs were easily the better side. Yes Freo had injuries in the backline but Dogs took advantage of it.

Scoreline flattered my mob. 13.15.93 the dogs scored. Dogs could of easily of kicked 15-20 goals.

Saying that..... A lot of dockers fans have talked about Aaron Naughton. Its an interesting Debate. Freo had picks 2 and 5 and used them on Andrew Brayshaw and Adam Cerra instead. Dogs Got Naughton at pick 9.

There were rumours that he didnt want to play for freo and wanted to play for a Victorian Club.

To me, I wont deny Naughton has been good at the dogs. Would I of loved freo to have got Naughton in the draft? Probably. but I dont think he might of been playing well at freo compared his current form at the dogs.... Also, Freo has had a history of 1st round picks having their careers smacked with injury such as Anthony Morabito who was pick 4 in 2009 and Michael Apeness who was our pick 17 in 2013.

Naughton was very Damaging on the weekend.

Good luck for the rest of the Season. I dont mind you dogs fans.

Mofra and David Schwarz , you are among my favourite posters on the main Board and Bay 13. lol

Congratulations on the win.

Dogs were easily the better side. Yes Freo had injuries in the backline but Dogs took advantage of it.

Scoreline flattered my mob. 13.15.93 the dogs scored. Dogs could of easily of kicked 15-20 goals.

Saying that..... A lot of dockers fans have talked about Aaron Naughton. Its an interesting Debate. Freo had picks 2 and 5 and used them on Andrew Brayshaw and Adam Cerra instead. Dogs Got Naughton at pick 9.

There were rumours that he didnt want to play for freo and wanted to play for a Victorian Club.

To me, I wont deny Naughton has been good at the dogs. Would I of loved freo to have got Naughton in the draft? Probably. but I dont think he might of been playing well at freo compared his current form at the dogs.... Also, Freo has had a history of 1st round picks having their careers smacked with injury such as Anthony Morabito who was pick 4 in 2009 and Michael Apeness who was our pick 17 in 2013.

Naughton was very Damaging on the weekend.

Good luck for the rest of the Season. I dont mind you dogs fans.

Mofra and David Schwarz , you are among my favourite posters on the main Board and Bay 13. lol
Cheers for your respectful post. Naughton is a generational talent the likes of which Doggies supporters haven’t seen in our forwardline since Templeton in the late 70’s. Apart from the wayward goal kicking all his skills were on display against your mob. It reminded me a bit of what he did against Richmond 2 years ago when he took 13 contested marks and kicked 5. Dimma said and I quote ‘We could have put Jesus Christ on Naughton tonight and it wouldn’t have made a difference’.
I have no doubt he is the best player to come out of the 2017 draft.

But…but…Mel Doyle says he’s a lovely young man!

First game back after 6 weeks off, give the bloke a break ffs

Agreed. I didn't think he was as bad as some here make out. Yes he didn't kill a contest that resulted in a goal, but otherwise he was reasonably solid with minimal game time following injury.

Going to need him against the cats and eagles.

At our best in 2016 we had hamling, roberts, Moz and wood.

Agreed. I didn't think he was as bad as some here make out. Yes he didn't kill a contest that resulted in a goal, but otherwise he was reasonably solid with minimal game time following injury.

Going to need him against the cats and eagles.

At our best in 2016 we had hamling, roberts, Moz and wood.
I believe we will look at playing all 3 of Keath, Gardner and Cordy form permitting for the rest of this year to counter opposition 3 headed monsters. We do need to recruit at least 2 more KPD's to improve and have back up in this area

I believe we will look at playing all 3 of Keath, Gardner and Cordy form permitting for the rest of this year to counter opposition 3 headed monsters. We do need to recruit at least 2 more KPD's to improve and have back up in this area

I doubt he plays those 3 AND Wood.

Thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back