Autopsy Dogs def Pies- rnd 1

Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This was the most influential on the team's performance I think. I'm a bit boring I guess and instinctively think well Campbell has to come in so it was fascinating to hear Bev speculate in the presser about going the other way and having a big mid in the ruck or no ruck at all. Part of me would love to see something experimental but maybe not against Sydney! (he even mentioned tossing one of the smaller blokes in the air which I believe I already patented in an earlier post!)
Maybe we can combine the helmets into one player. Boyd running around with Daniel on his shoulders

Next Waiting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 19, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It seems some people are having far greater pleasure in sticking the boots into Jong than actually celebrating the win and discussing how and why we won.
We could talk about the ruck battle. We could talk about a few of our defenders playing up the ground - Moyd should have kicked two, JJ up forward for periods.
We can talk about how our rebound from defence and our structure behind the ball was our saving grace after losing the ruck/midfield battle. We hardly ever lost the midfield battle last year, but our team as a whole has improved to the point that we can still win games of footy with our defensive and attacking lines getting the job done.

But no, take pleasure into sticking the boots of a player after he played a part in a winning team.
I find it curious that Jong spent more time on the ground than all but Boyd (Tom in the ruck)), Murph, Morris, Roberts and Cordy (all defenders with Murph floating a bit). Jong 85% TG, Libba 77, Dahl 75, Bont 82 and Macrae 79. Why would that be if he was playing his role so badly? I think a big part of his role is to be a physically robust foil for some of those players and to do a lot of the donkey work to allow those guys more bench time. How well he's performed his role in the eyes of MC will determine if he's selected next week but it wouldn't surprise me much if he was.
In other news, I was really impressed with Roberts. He looked very composed throughout the match and had a surety in his demeanour that wasn't there last year. A player whose belief has grown considerably on the back of last years finals series.
The ruck situation is interesting. It is what it is till Campbell and Roughy are available and we managed to win despite being smashed in the hit outs (50 to 25). Bev seemed relatively unfazed by and accepting of the situation and seemed confident that they'll work out a way to deal with it/overcome it by conventional or unconventional means. Love that about Bev. Nothing is impossible and he believes that a way exists and they can find it whatever the circumstances.

Leon

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2004
Bound for Germany 2006!
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Harry's Heroes
Just watching the replay...I don't mind BT as a caller but he often mistakes players or calls them they're wrong name.

Before the Bont's first goal he called Libba as Murphy...WTF?

Super Hans

marcus proudson
10k Posts Pokemon is Life SuperCoach Club Board Championship League Member
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
TrailBlazers, Juventus, Raiders
What did Matty Boyd's game look like on tele?? Thought he was good in a different role at the ground.

Super Hans

marcus proudson
10k Posts Pokemon is Life SuperCoach Club Board Championship League Member
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
TrailBlazers, Juventus, Raiders
So shocked to see people complain about the umpiring. Looks like they'll have an excuse if we win the flag.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
No bloke who plays regular or semi regular AFL footy is fundamentally a bad footballer. They are actually an elite footballer. I don't know how much footy you've played, but it's hard enough to play well and influence a game at local level, let alone dominate at VFL level and contribute at AFL Level.

Absolute twattle

So everyone that plays AFL is elite? Lol wow

Compared to div 7 VAFA they are elite but that's not who is playing on the G in a Friday night and basically being irrelevant to the game.

We are discussing AFL players and In that bracket there have been many very poor Afl level players and we have had our fair share. Zeph Skinner says hello.

If your selected in a top AFL team in the midfield you are selected to influence the game and get possessions as you are if your selected in Keilor seniors.

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Absolute twattle

So everyone that plays AFL is elite? Lol wow

Compared to div 7 VAFA they are elite but that's not who is playing on the G in a Friday night and basically being irrelevant to the game.

We are discussing AFL players and In that bracket there have been many very poor Afl level players and we have had our fair share. Zeph Skinner says hello.

If your selected in a top AFL team in the midfield you are selected to influence the game and get possessions as you are if your selected in Keilor seniors.

You said he was fundamentally a bad footballer. If you're playing AFL, you're not.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
You said he was fundamentally a bad footballer. If you're playing AFL, you're not.

Rubbish

In Jongs defense he isn't a footballer he is an athlete but to say he does have fundamental issues that will never be fixed is wrong and again to defend him he isn't the only AFL player that has these issues.

Mick Martyn played an entire career with fundemebtal kicking issues.

Can't remember if it was tv or radio, but one of the commentators said we are the best handballing team he has ever seen, ever.

Midfield lived up to the hype tonight generated by CD, smashed the bulldogs midfield. Still lost the game though,dogs just too classy and insane ability to move the ball in traffic by hand while being tackled.

It's called throwing.

Some flog went fishing for likes (and got bites) with the second comment, my reply to him was deleted when I asked him to post clips of them all. This bigfooty group mentality is out of hand, people don't understand how good we are at handballing so it's easier to say we throw it all of the time.

Back