Autopsy Dogs def Suns by 54 points

Remove this Banner Ad

s**t commentary by Derm, Lynch and Russell.

He spoke crap the whole game. But him saying that Bontempelli was going around starting fights (he says this while the vision clearly shows Hanley elbowed him in the face) was just bizarre. He spent almost the whole first quarter having a go at Bont for it, but then he shoots his load when Mumford snips people.

Last night was one of the worst broadcasts I can remember. We should request Huddo for every Fox game.

Just wanted to echo these sentiments. These blokes embarras themselves weekly. I wonder if they ever sit down and listen to themselves on a replay and hang their heads in shame. They pay the game lip service and are genuinely disrespectful to the players and fans as a result. I'm over it.

Ah, but I'm not in this regard. If you regard me as one of the worst I must be doing something right.

I've clearly ruffled the feathers of a few here, which wasn't my intention, so I'll take my leave.

There are some sensitive souls on this board. A 6 goal Essendon win is hardly a ridiculous prediction.

Williams will be a good player. Many on here are far too reactive and fixated on minor issues. Short memories and no foresight. Second year players get caught with the ball when they get hospital handballs. If they don't, then they're the Bont.

Anyone remember Ryan Griffen in his early years? He got caught four times a game because he was told to use his natural strengths and take the game on and learn when the break a tackle and when to dish it off. Williams' strength is his poise and balance.

I was thinking of Griff too. IIRC he was told by coaching staff to "take them on" and they were pepared to wear the occasional HTB. Builds confidence if he has been given some license and develops his natural attributes.

I was thinking of Griff too. IIRC he was told by coaching staff to "take them on" and they were pepared to wear the occasional HTB. Builds confidence if he has been given some g abilittylicense and develops his natural attributes.
I always think of Williams as on inside not outside mid. Look at the size of him. Not the guy I would have breaking the lines He got 54 possies as a junior once so obviously has ball winning ability

Williams will be a good player. Many on here are far too reactive and fixated on minor issues. Short memories and no foresight. Second year players get caught with the ball when they get hospital handballs. If they don't, then they're the Bont.

Anyone remember Ryan Griffen in his early years? He got caught four times a game because he was told to use his natural strengths and take the game on and learn when the break a tackle and when to dish it off. Williams' strength is his poise and balance.
Koby Stevens did the exact same thing. Why didn't he get the same leeway?

Koby Stevens did the exact same thing. Why didn't he get the same leeway?
I'll probably get shot down for this, but I reckon there's a couple of posters on this board where when they claim a bloke is/is going to be a gun most people just jump on with them. Have noticed it's happened with Williams.

Not saying it's a bad thing or that he isn't gonna be a gun, just an observation.

Nothing to do with getting the ball Fossie. It's more his disposal efficiency and decision making. The poise that has been the hallmark of his great career seems to have evaporated completely. He also seems to have lost a yard of pace and so that extra half second he used to have to spot up the correct target is now gone. His kicking at goal is pretty poor also although he kicked a nice easy long goal at the end of the game yesterday.
His handball back to Williams was an example of his issues, he has made howlers like that in nearly every game he has played this year.
Has to retire....great career but this year he has been poor. Moz unfortunately was the only one of the 3 veterans I would have perservered with and now...after this injury I am suggesting he has to go also. Boyd is cooked so he has to go.
Bob really hasn't had the continuity this season with injuries forcing him in and out of the team and a lot of changing personnel around him too. Give him a few consistent weeks to make a real judgement on his form and future.

I'll probably get shot down for this, but I reckon there's a couple of posters on this board where when they claim a bloke is/is going to be a gun most people just jump on with them. Have noticed it's happened with Williams.

Not saying it's a bad thing or that he isn't gonna be a gun, just an observation.
In my view it's more that there's no middle ground with young player assessments. Good signs = future gun, lack of good signs = won't make it, delist. Much tougher to categorise when a player shows both good and bad signs, leading to divergence of opinion depending on what a person is more fixated on (e.g. Webb, Williams). There are very few cases where people look at a young player and go, "He'll probably be a good, honest type," when in reality most end up that way or worse.

Notice the same thing. Some of them at highly regarded posters, for reasons I can not agree with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That last quarter is what we needed to build the confidence for next week.

Our record the next week after a Cairns game is terrible though, 0-3.

The boys need to rested up otherwise Essendon will run is off the ground. Playing Sunday helps.

Build up next week week will be big. Looking forward to going to a big game, this season has provided little excitement to date

I think we had the game under control and had periods where we didn't exactly run full tilt. Bont was in second gear for most of night, the last quarter was a cakewalk and the middle quarters when Gold Coast just chipped it around meant for low intensity footy. I think we came back to Melbourne with half a tank still left. Hope I'm right. Think we will be fresh for Sunday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just wanted to echo these sentiments. These blokes embarras themselves weekly. I wonder if they ever sit down and listen to themselves on a replay and hang their heads in shame. They pay the game lip service and are genuinely disrespectful to the players and fans as a result. I'm over it.
Any broadcast that has Dwane Russell, turn the sound down.

I lost interest in what he said every time he went beyond 10 words. He's a good read in the newspaper sometimes but just needs to shut the f up on TV. So many times he kept talking about things that happened 10 plays back.

He has a ghost writer and therein lays the difference. Its the ghosts job to edit the verbiage that comes out of Dermotts mouth and knock it into a digestible shape. Unfortunately technology isn't yet highly evolved enough for the same to apply during a TV broadcast. I hear that Foxtel have invested millions into trying to come up with a solution to no avail.

Fortunately I had to journey to my local RSL to watch the game on their big screen and the sound was muted. I'm convinced that this is the best way of watching Foxfooty telecasts - free of inane and often biased comments.

Some of the stuff you read on this thread...

I mean I like Bailey Williams as well, but the mental quantum leaps required to turn the actual, on-field events of getting caught holding the ball three times in the match as "good signs because he's a thinking player" or something like that quite extraordinary (let alone 13 people liking the post). I mean people know me on this board, I like to analyse things, but at some point you have to call a spade a spade, and Bailey Williams getting caught 3 times holding the ball first and foremost to me represented the fact that he got caught holding the ball a lot.

I mean, when watching the game, were people really thinking "he's showing thought and poise"? I thought to myself "here's a player whose weakness in his lack of acceleration over his first 2-3 steps might get him into trouble into the future".

I don't understand why. Is it an inverse of the whole draft pick thing? The theory that high draft picks get unfairly criticised early in their career is now the opposite for a late pick for Williams? That it's not somehow fair to call a weakness in his game a weakness in his game because we should have low expectations because he wasn't a high draft pick?

Bob really hasn't had the continuity this season with injuries forcing him in and out of the team and a lot of changing personnel around him too. Give him a few consistent weeks to make a real judgement on his form and future.
Sorry Charlie. My decision is made. He is cooked. No issue with him coming back this year but will be disappointed if he attempts to go on next year.

The difference is Williams is not taking the game on, he is stopping and hesitating, if he was taking the game on charging through trying to make time and space for himself or getting past an opponent to use the ball and getting caught from time to time that would be great. But what Williams seems to be doing is ( and this is even when he has space) he stops and hesitates and looks almost scared to actually make a decision. He invites trouble on himself and also seems to lose awareness of what's around him.

To me he seems to be looking for the safe 100% pass. This could be a lack of confidence, scared to make a mistake or turn the ball over. But he needs to keep moving with the ball and take the first option.

I'm not saying let's drop him or that he won't make it in any way what so ever. All I'm doing is pointing out a deficiency I believe he has and trying to work out the causes for it and I've put up quite a few options of what could be the cause. The main thing is he needs I keep moving with the ball.

He seems a good kick and defends well and works hard, he just hesitates with the ball and as he is taking time to make a decision he basically stops still and then invites pressure. It's like he is either scared of making a mistake or he panics slightly with ball in hand. It could well be getting used to the speed of the game or as mentioned above it could be confidence or looking for the too safe an option.

I think we are set at half back/ small to medium defenders even with moyd and Murphy most likely gone at years end. Biggs, wood, jj, suckling all there. Williams coming through (but needs to fix some things up) then the jury is still out on the likes of a lynch. Also seen Bev play hunter and others back there.

Not directed at either of you directly but just a general thing, a lot on this board tend to over react to the slightest criticism of a player, very few players in the afl have no deficiencies, some on this board do attack players both personally and over the top and write players off early but some also over react at the slightest criticism of a player as if pointing a deficiency out equals saying a player is no good.
Well balanced and totally accurate post imo. He might be a player, but he needs to get some urgency into his gameplay. Have the confidence to take it on and use his footskills. Use momentum to break the game open rather than looking for the perfect option every time. I believe he will make it but I guarantee he won't unless this hesitation is driven out of his game.

Sorry Charlie. My decision is made. He is cooked. No issue with him coming back this year but will be disappointed if he attempts to go on next year.

I think this is his last year no doubt. Was playing well and looking sharp in early season but the leg injuries this year have taken away his speed and agility which is his greatest asset. Looks unsure whether his legs will hold out if he goes full pace. May get more confidence with continuity but it's looking less likely. Still deserves spot in side - no ones really pressing to replace him - and a club legend still contributing deserves one last shot at it without pension checks being thrown at him from the confines of the internet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back