Review Dogs defeat melbourne 85-65 - Round 19, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Phenomenal effort today from Schache, he might make it yet.
Yeah I was really happy for him and just rapt that the coaches finally had the thought to try him down back. We have been crying out for another KPD and it was staring us in the face the whole time. He is a great mark and a great kick, has good size and can spoil. He just needed to have a chance to take the pressure off a bit and learn to keep his head over the ball. Tonight was the best game I’ve ever seen him play, even compared to when he has kicked a few goals

Gawn won the ruck but Bev nullified him around the ground, he had no space to work in and took few marks. Bont seemed to be following him at times.

Oliver might be a ball magnet but he can’t do Bont things.

Josh Schache - He did us proud!

What a mahhhhhvelous win under trying conditions.

They fought the good fight. They ran the race. And I kept the faith.

Yeah I was really happy for him and just rapt that the coaches finally had the thought to try him down back. We have been crying out for another KPD and it was staring us in the face the whole time. He is a great mark and a great kick, has good size and can spoil. He just needed to have a chance to take the pressure off a bit and learn to keep his head over the ball. Tonight was the best game I’ve ever seen him play, even compared to when he has kicked a few goals
Another thing that may be of benifit with Schache, the dude has a huge tank. Can run all day when he gets match fit.

Forgot to say that Caleb daniel was ****ing superb.

And that's Schache best ever career game. Didn't put a foot wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bravedogs are back. What a gutsy win.

No idea how a team can beat the top side(that has 1 out) missing 2 mids that average 2+ goals and 55+ touches, the 1st ruck, chb, fb, and 2-3 hfs and hbs.

Not only missing players but the lack of team continuity chopping and changing with the ins and outs every week is a real challenge. Something melbourne really haven't had to deal with.

Awesome win by the boys! Just a shame we couldn’t all be there live to witness it. The atmosphere would have been electric. Caleb Daniel is cleaner than any player in the AFL and what he did tonight in the wet was ridiculous. His hands are so sticky, just one touch when everyone else is fumbling the wet ball.

Everyone contributed tonight. Marra was struggling a bit but made an impact when it mattered. Bont seemed to be struggling a little and then just decided to take over the game and ensure we won. What a leader he is and we are blessed to have him.

Schache with the best game he has played. All the Bailey’s played well, Libba and Macrae just so tough all night. Duryea saved us so many times down back. Hunter played well running hard all game and linking up. Not a bad player really.

Simon Goodwin outcoached.
I'm one of the posters that every now and then have said that Bevo has been outcoached but tonight there is no doubt that Beveridge had a huge part of this win - at least as much as the players. Kudos Bevo! :fire::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back