Game Day Dogs dft GWS- through to Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

We were formed to bail out the VFL. You were formed to stop us from winning more flags. So are we not plastic? Is it because we dont have a 50+ year history like the VFL teams?

At the very very least we can say both our teams exist in a footy state. A national competition was always going to have WA teams. Sydney have been around for however many years and still no one in nsw gives a s**t.

We were formed to bail out the VFL. You were formed to stop us from winning more flags. So are we not plastic? Is it because we dont have a 50+ year history like the VFL teams?

Fremantle do have a 50+ year history. West Coast are the Backstreet Boys of the AFL. If you don't agree feel free to voice your own opinion with other Backstreet Boys fans on that board.

?

23-13

Some key decisions at the end that were obvious frees to GWS were not paid. Shiel was "well held" a couple of times in vital stoppages when the bullies won the clearance.

Was neutral but ended up wanting GWS to win because of the usual umpiring bias and the woeful pro vic commentry.

Ill be going for the Swans. The more sides with longer premiership droughts than Freo the better.

I think holding was generally not paid much in the game. Shiel, Bontempelli, and I'm sure others had arms wrapped around them at stoppages, but didn't get frees.
There was also a fair bit of holding the forwards in a marking contest before a third defender took the mark. Earlier in the season, the forward would have got the free kick.
But I thought it went both ways.
GWS played outside of the rules in the Sydney game, and won because of it. In this game they were more aggressive at the man too, which explains the difference in frees.

I thought the game was much better umpired than the Stevic games of last year, and I noticed Nicholls less in this game, that surprised me.

This sounds bad, but id rather bulldogs win than peel in their grannys . Unconventional foward line that seems to kicks ass, the ruckman is the most criticized foward in the game who is playing out of his skin, the mids are delicious and the coach seems like a legendary bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think holding was generally not paid much in the game. Shiel, Bontempelli, and I'm sure others had arms wrapped around them at stoppages, but didn't get frees.
There was also a fair bit of holding the forwards in a marking contest before a third defender took the mark. Earlier in the season, the forward would have got the free kick.
GWS played outside of the rules in the Sydney game, and won because of it. In this game they were more aggressive at the man too, which explains the difference in frees.

I thought the game was much better umpired than the Stevic games of last year, and I noticed Nicholls less in this game, that surprised me.

I thought there was an umpiring disparity. Best example for me was the completely irrational deliberate out-of bounds decision given to the doggies early in the game. When the same thing happened late in the GWS forward half (more obvious but still not OOB by my reckoning) the closest umpire did all he could not to give the decision until another stepped in, realising it was just too blatant a discrepancy

I thought there was an umpiring disparity. Best example for me was the completely irrational deliberate out-of bounds decision given to the doggies early in the game. When the same thing happened late in the GWS forward half (more obvious but still not OOB by my reckoning) the closest umpire did all he could not to give the decision until another stepped in, realising it was just too blatant a discrepancy

That was fair enough though. The first one called by Schmitt shouldn't have been called. It was wring. Who knows where Nicholls was at that point, he may not have had a view of it. So when Nicholls was faced with the second example, he made the correct call but Schmitt had to override it after he'd set the precedence of the incorrect interpretation. Extremely rare show of common sense by Schmitt though. Whilst it was the wrong call, I think most supporters and players just want consistancy.

Doesn't really go both ways when it's 23-13. Not that they should be equal but sides that are getting under 15 are usually being treated roughly.

The bullies are +100 on the frees this year.

Id like to finish a season +1.

Poor Simpson missed out on the Dogs job
Nsw is getting there..hopefully when they stop winning games they will get to keep some supporters
hailnswf7c7d3a2ff1d3610ad6a2f16b0083bd8.jpg

I don't really care whether Footscray got the rub of the green, GWS can EAD this self entitled manufactured club doesn't deserve to be there next week.

Yeah they can wait a year for their 6 grand finals in a row. Will be barracking for whoever is playing them which is saying something if it happens to be WC.

He was terrible. Replace Steven Johnson with Rhys Palmer and there is GWS's flag gone.
Hard when his last AFL game was round 16. But definitely agree, Stevie J could've been the difference in a tight game yesterday, GWS needed some one like him to create goals from nothing. What an idiot to do what he did against Sydney

The more people hate the dog , the more i love them .

In regards to GWS; don't hate the player, hate the game.

The AFL is responsible for this monstrosity, I doubt most of those youngsters had a choice in being sent there. Because of the lack of Football interest there they really are fighting both together and alone, despite what it looks like in the broader community.

I'm all for the Bullies but calling out individual GWS as mongrels is below the belt.

Unless you're talking about Heath Shaw and Steve Johnson of course.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back