Review Dogs discombobulate Cats 103-101 - Rd 15, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be interesting to see how it plays out next season, considering Wood is out for the remainder and presumably Bont will captain the rest of the games he plays in. Then there's also Wood's form this year; maybe he'd be better off focusing on his own game and letting Bont take full time captain duties. This injury might make the captaincy transition occur sooner than expected.
Now that we are on a roll and headed full steam ahead for the eight and another magical September led by the Bont will Bevo give his medal to Woody? “I like to call Easton Wood to the stand”

Will be a cream on top footballer.

Super soft but he has excellent skills and speed for his size. He basically jogs at 20% intensity when defending or not near the football.
At least he's jogging / moving and seems to get to and reads the play well.
I think massive upside and will put muscle on and confidence

Damien Barrett / Tom Browne - Macrae on the outer at Dogs. One time Brownlow fav Jackson Macrae may have played his last game for the club. Sources tell me he is too slow and is holding back the development of the club. He is also way to outspoken and his team mat have had enough....
Too much ... ?
Too real / possible.. purple reports ... lol ...
Too lolsie ... cracked me up ... with all the crap that's gone down this is really funny.

We had spares in defence who should have been zoning to protect the drop of the ball, we weren't man on man.
I doubt the plan at the bounce was for Roarke to take Taylor - if it was our backline are collectively dumb as dogshit, and any backline with Morris in it cannot be that stupid.
Think Roark could have made more of an effort to get in the way of Taylor's run ...take one for the team.... went for the high punch ... but angles ..hard to tell and hindsight.

Think Roark could have made more of an effort to get in the way of Taylor's run ...take one for the team.... went for the high punch ... but angles ..hard to tell and hindsight.
True, but I'll give him the benefit of being an inexperienced player who was watching the fall of the ball at the time. He would have marked it without a bloke 6 inches taller and 20kgs heavier with 200+ more games of AFL experience coming in over the top.

Morris was on Taylor for most of the night, we clearly had a breakdown in the last two minutes. Seems we learned some lessons from the North game (e.g. Wallis passing backwards to maintain possession) but still have things to learn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, right result. Taylor was always going to miss. It could have bounced off hands into Ablett's hands for another cheapie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back