Autopsy Dogs DISCOMBOBULATE the Bombres: 93 - 51 - Rd 7, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Feels like the rest of the team is sticking up for their teammates as well. Big growth in a few of them.
This time in hubs is going to be a time of intense development and growth for teams that are united and expose cracks and divisions in those that aren't.

Reckon some teams will look back at this season fondly as a time of real bonding as a team, whilst others will see it as a nightmare.

Hopefully we're on the positive side of that prism, so far so good.

Congrats to you guys - you dismantled us once again, and clearly have the wood over us. Enjoy it, it's a nice feeling when you know you've got another team covered.

I'm intrigued - from your perspective, what do you notice that you do better against us than at other times? I daresay the way you played tonight doesn't lose to a Carlton team by 50+.
Were you far more clean? Better finishing? Better skills? Felt like less pressured was applied? A combination?

For mine, you seem to dominate the clearances against us, and then end up with extra numbers out in space where we are able to put minimal pressure on. Seems like a winning formula - I suppose the question I'm getting at is where is this each week? I suppose that might be a question a lot of you are asking yourselves...

Carlton played a lot better than you guys. They pressured us all over the park and were able to break through our zone set up with long accurate kicks through the middle of the ground.

You guys kicked sidewards a lot and ling down the line which plays into our hands.

I suspect the following games will decide how our season goes:
Gold Coast
Melbourne
Richmond
Geelong
Hawthorn

Win 4-5 make finals, win 3 possibly sneak into final win 2 or less miss finals.

Have our games v port, lions and eagles as more likely to lose than win and games v freo and crows as should win
Came to the same conclusion. Sounds like we are now very likely to remain on the Gold Coast which means only 50/50 to play Eagles in Perth. Of the Eagles, Port and Brisbane, you would guess we would play 2/3 on their home deck. If we can win one of them it will go a long way

Great post.

Spent a fair bit of time on the bench in the first half, unsure if that was by design. But his second half was incredible.

I also loved after he got knocked down and Smith gave away the fifty, someone came in to get stuck into Smith and Macrae yelled at them to leave it as we had an easy shot on goal.

Nothing worse than that happening and someone coming in and getting it reversed.

It proved he was very switched on all night.

That was the umpires that yelled out telling them to leave it.

English was great. B.O.G by a mile.

Weightman played as advertised. Crafty around goals and good in the air. I think he fits in well.

Have seen Cooney say nice things about the club, but I remember Lake hinting on Open Mike that there was some bad blood.

Being fair, he was effectively sacked then traded by McCartney before Bevo turned up. If, say, he had been contracted and Bevo had been lumped with him, I reckon he would have been able to use him as a back flanker. Might have had Shiggsy’s spot (and funnily enough Shiggs came to us as part of the Cooney compo in effect).

We’ll never know, but it’s worth keeping in mind all of Higgins, Griff and Cooney left with a bad taste in their mouths and Picko and Boyd were told by McCartney others would be preferred until he got shafted. Not surprising there’s some ill feeling. McCartney seriously burned some bridges.
Confirmed - does not hate the Dogs ECF48267-F771-4797-B344-C2A77542B2F6.png

Few days late but well played guys, few in the media enjoying digging the heels into the Bombers but the coverage should go to how well you guys played.

Envious of Tim English, kid is going to be the best player in the league soon enough, should comfortably be in that conversation to be in the top handful of rucks now in the competition.

Weightman looks a little ripper, plays with spunk and flair, your midfield group is so bloody good to watch. Far to big in there against our flea sized midget brigade missing some top end talent that you guys possess.

Anyways, posted on FB that there is no harm in losing to you guys, you should be there abouts come the pointy end of the year. It was more the way we lost in the end that frustrated most Essendon fans, felt like we gave up.

Anyways, good luck for the rest of the year guys

AFLCA Votes
Essendon v Western Bulldogs

10 Tim English (WB)
8 Jack Macrae (WB)
5 Mitch Wallis (WB)
4 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
3 Tom Liberatore (WB)

Both coaches in full agreement on the best 5 (all Dogs). Only the order varies slightly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back