Review Dogs Discombobulate the Plastics 126 - 65

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeez, we chucked the sh*t of the plastics didn’t we? What did we do? We cucked it right up them!

Tory had 0 touches after qtr time. Has anyone mentioned this? Seems like his excellent first qtr might save him.

Richards averages 11.7 disposals and has kicked 8.13. He's had a slightly disappointing year, we're gonna need him to be more prolific than that.

On afl.com at the moment there is a time in front ladder for this years games.
The Bulldogs sit 13th on the ladder with 38% of time in front it is worth a look
and ample contemplation.

We have had lots of slow starts during the year.

The scientific basis of the "Caleb Daniel" points conceded conundrum.

Geelong: (Lowest Points Conceded) 1,401 or 66.71 per game.

Dogs sans Daniel:
Round 16: versus Melb conceded 66 points
Round 17: versus Geel conceded 55 points
Round 21: versus Ess conceded 33 points
Round 22: versus GWS conceded 65 points
Total conceded: 219 Points or 54.75 per game.

Now is it just coincidence are we just hot at the moment did man walk on the moon or is it just FACTS AND
STATS the truth is out there.

Dogs sans Daniel:

Now is it just coincidence are we just hot at the moment did man walk on the moon or is it just FACTS AND

can't be bothered to look up the stats but I think I could mount a similar argument about Dale's inclusion into the side and our points scored !!

would that be valid - I think not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs sans Daniel:

Correlation =/ causation

can't be bothered to look up the stats but I think I could mount a similar argument about Dale's inclusion into the side and our points scored !!

would that be valid - I think not.
Before last week Bailey Dale was 3 Wins from 7 Games or a win ratio of 42.85%, he is now at 50.00%
just below the team average of 52.38%. ;)

Dogs sans Daniel:

Proof that whilst stats are facts, they are often not directly related to the end result.

CB has his opinion on Caleb which is he is a critical player in our back line. He is not wrong I just have a differing opinion in that our results, ie wins and losses have no evidence at all to show Caleb is critical to our backline structure.

That is not to say I do not rate him, I do quite highly, and not to say I do not think he is in our best 22, I believe he is.

On the weekend or in this game, which started our discussion our backline including connections from our backline worked perfectly fine without him, therefore I believe the results of games prove he is not critical to our backline.

We have a few critical players, that if out we would really struggle to beat top teams. Caleb is not one of them.

Schache and Dale straighten us up, no doubt. Someone mentioned the other day that Schache has kicked 21.6 this season, and he’s only played about half the games. Pretty impressive, Lloyd was also bringing his accuracy earlier in the year too, but I’m afraid he’s been a bit wayward of late. Pretty sure he’s kicked 3.9 or something in the last 3 games. Still very important to our forward line and has had a solid year. I think if we can get Greene/Cavarra/West into the forward line next year, we will have a great attack next few seasons. Happier times

True, but to be 11 Wins and 10 Losses based on being ahead 38% in games is quite unique.

in 2016 we drafted English, Lipinski and LeYoung.
in 2017 we drafted Naughton and Richards.

That is some seriously good player selection - a ruck, a key forward, a key back, a swift winger and a clever goal kicking mid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back